Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, sorry if this is a dumb question.
My car is waiting on the "charge port". Are we talking about the port to charge the car?
I googled and searched on this forum looking for it and the only "charge port" that came up missing were the USB charge ports.
Just wondering what's holding up my car.

Thanks.
Its a board that controls the actual charging of the vehicle.

Reactions: tapau
It seems like there was a 1-2 week period where they were shipping cars without the charge port ECU. Those cars are just sitting waiting on it and they have no idea when the parts will arrive, though it seems like they get a few at a time. There were maybe 20 cars at my service center waiting on charge ports a couple weeks ago, and they have been slowly getting completed and moved. Meanwhile, new cars coming in are all good to go.
still waiting here at WPB for the charge port - had a vin assigned May 5th....

Reactions: Mwhusa and Teleezen
still waiting here at WPB for the charge port - had a vin assigned May 5th....
My VIN was assigned May 1 and its not at the service center. Crossing my fingers there isn't a charging port issue with it, but i'm certainly in the VIN range (243xxx) for that and no matrix lights so i guess i'll find out soon.

Have you completed final payment, etc?

Reactions: Teleezen
This thread moves so fast. Skip a day and you're several pages behind.

Getting mine delivered home tomorrow between 2-4 pm. I suppose I can't reject the vehicle if there are issues since it's delivered to my place?
When I picked up at the service center I accepted delivery on my phone but was additionally asked to sign the paper acceptance. I suspect this may vary by state.
My delivery appointment is @ 4:00pm. MSM with 18s, no FSD. VIN 2473XX received on May 9th.

Fingers crossed I have the Matrix headlights? Anyone get one in that range without them? I'm guessing the build date is in May based on when I was assigned a VIN.
I'd be very surprised if you don't have the matrix headlights.
My scheduled pickup got delayed. Got a text message from the Cincy SC and they said it's delayed in transit and they moved it to this Sat at 12:30 (it was originally scheduled for tomorrow morning).
I got a similar text pushing my delivery back from 5/7 to 5/12. Picked up on 5/12.

• Funny
Reactions: CEEV and PinSeeker
Florida folks where yall at? Are we all still waiting on cars due to the charge port ECU???
My EDD updated today from a 4 day window to a 8 day window by moved up a few days. May 25-June 1. Received VIN last week. Not sure if it's taking that long to get here or what's with the uncertainty. Haven't heard but haven't asked either

My VIN was assigned May 1 and its not at the service center. Crossing my fingers there isn't a charging port issue with it, but i'm certainly in the VIN range (243xxx) for that and no matrix lights so i guess i'll find out soon.

Have you completed final payment, etc?
No sir have not completed final payment yet. I was only informed it arrived at the SC, expecting a scheduling pick-up text the following days after and crickets. Called and they said its waiting on the charge port, expected resolution date May 27, and delivery 3-4 days after that. Hopefully the battery is fine sitting for almost a month...how did they charge these cars w/o a charge port anyway?

Reactions: Teleezen
First post but been following for last month.

VIN Assigned today and Delivery in Savannah GA scheduled 5/24.

OD 3/7/22, MSM, BLK, 18 in Aeros, No FSD. VIN 248,xxx

Original EDD was ‘May 2022’ when I placed order and varied from May 19 to June 30 with several variations (maybe 5 EDDs including a couple 2 week windows).

I’m ready for potential delays but happy to be on home stretch. Time to DIY my Tesla Charger…. 78 Days from order to pickup on a base model. I’m pleased overall.

Honestly Tesla should have given us a tracking number like FedX, or something like a AirTag so that we could follow our cars being made [that would be fun] and where they are at whether being painted, transit, missing parts etc. We wouldn't have to sit with these false hope EDDs jumping around like they are real and its now Christmas and no car. SAs are yes people, they text pleasantries and say stuff like "hey we are getting closer, however the VIN isn't there yet".

For Tesla financing folks, how long did it take for them to give you an offer? My CU absolutely dropped the ball the day before I'm scheduled for delivery and can't finalize my loan until after my slot. I'm just speechless.
Take minutes. Seemless, painless, 3.24% right now. Just switched from cash to finance this morning and had loan in 15 min.

Reactions: Masterblaster
Exact same car as yours, ordered 2 weeks before you, in SoCal, still no VIN and EDD just extended to 5/23-6/6.

I seriously believe the VIN assignments are random like they pick them out of a clown hat or something! :mad:
No doubt, I saw my EDD move to early June.

OD: 2/26 - M3LR Red, Black Interior, Aero, No FSD
EDD #1: 5/13 - 6/10
EDD #2: 6/3 - 6/17

Reactions: TSLone and jpaychek
No sir have not completed final payment yet. I was only informed it arrived at the SC, expecting a scheduling pick-up text the following days after and crickets. Called and they said its waiting on the charge port, expected resolution date May 27, and delivery 3-4 days after that. Hopefully the battery is fine sitting for almost a month...how did they charge these cars w/o a charge port anyway?
The M3 loses about 15% of charge per month when sentry mode is off and goes into a power saving mode when it gets to 5% so you should be good either way, but I've seen some reports that the car can be charged via a supercharger without the charge port ecu. Don't know how accurate that is.

Reactions: canasion35
WARNING ON PAYMENT!!! DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR CAR UNTIL IT'S BEEN DELIVERED.

I'm walking through a horror story right now... Received VIN and app instructed me to make payment on April 29th for a May 5th(ish) delivery. So I did that, and sure enough got confirmation that the car arrived in Kansas City on May 6th, without the charging port. Was told it would be a week, waited a week, then told it would be another week, waited another week, now today I'm told they're "hoping" for the part to come June 6th! Over a month after they took my $50,000. Worse part is the money was from a Credit Union now the credit union is knocking on my door demanding to know where the title is, when i don't even have the dang car! Lesson learned, never should have allowed the payment to be processed without actually having confirmation the car was actually ready for pickup. Their APP is INCREDIBLY deceiving telling me "Make payment now to avoid delivery delays" and then as soon as payments made "oh sorry your car's not actually whole, and we really have no idea when or if the parts are coming in"

3.24 was 72 month
I’m trying to get to 5 posts so here’s a little more info for anyone else interested in Tesla Finance.

Appears Tesla let’s you finance 100% for everything except taxes. Once loan is approved (5 min to get email) you just log back in an accept terms.

Then app will let you make final payment (via ACH from bank) which is your taxes and any down payment. Or you can bring Cashiers check for down payment etc. to delivery.

Website was glitchy earlier so had to log into Tesla.com and navigate to car details instead of using link from app or email.

I’ve got plus 800+ credit so might impact down payment.