Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WARNING ON PAYMENT!!! DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR CAR UNTIL IT'S BEEN DELIVERED.

I'm walking through a horror story right now... Received VIN and app instructed me to make payment on April 29th for a May 5th(ish) delivery. So I did that, and sure enough got confirmation that the car arrived in Kansas City on May 6th, without the charging port. Was told it would be a week, waited a week, then told it would be another week, waited another week, now today I'm told they're "hoping" for the part to come June 6th! Over a month after they took my $50,000. Worse part is the money was from a Credit Union now the credit union is knocking on my door demanding to know where the title is, when i don't even have the dang car! Lesson learned, never should have allowed the payment to be processed without actually having confirmation the car was actually ready for pickup. Their APP is INCREDIBLY deceiving telling me "Make payment now to avoid delivery delays" and then as soon as payments made "oh sorry your car's not actually whole, and we really have no idea when or if the parts are coming in"

Bummer. I agree with you on not paying until you accept delivery. Someone else posted here about this. You are not obligated to pay anything until you sign the paperwork in person.

I just released my vin because it didn't have matrix headlights and hoping my next vin will have it. Has anyone gone through similar experiences? How long did it take to get a new vin?

I think someone else just posted about this yesterday in this thread actually.

My EDD range got pushed out by 2 days. Didn't expect Tesla to be so specific about EDD that 2 days makes a difference in a 5-week range.

WARNING ON PAYMENT!!! DO NOT PAY FOR YOUR CAR UNTIL IT'S BEEN DELIVERED.

I'm walking through a horror story right now... Received VIN and app instructed me to make payment on April 29th for a May 5th(ish) delivery. So I did that, and sure enough got confirmation that the car arrived in Kansas City on May 6th, without the charging port. Was told it would be a week, waited a week, then told it would be another week, waited another week, now today I'm told they're "hoping" for the part to come June 6th! Over a month after they took my $50,000. Worse part is the money was from a Credit Union now the credit union is knocking on my door demanding to know where the title is, when i don't even have the dang car! Lesson learned, never should have allowed the payment to be processed without actually having confirmation the car was actually ready for pickup. Their APP is INCREDIBLY deceiving telling me "Make payment now to avoid delivery delays" and then as soon as payments made "oh sorry your car's not actually whole, and we really have no idea when or if the parts are coming in"
Is there any view on the charge port issue? I'm refraining from calling 3-4 times a day to see if there's updates (i was getting out of hand) but waiting in the dark for a "text" with no further updates is mildly frustrating. IDK how y'all do it.

Reactions: Teleezen
First post but been following for last month.

VIN Assigned today and Delivery in Savannah GA scheduled 5/24.

OD 3/7/22, MSM, BLK, 18 in Aeros, No FSD. VIN 248,xxx

Original EDD was ‘May 2022’ when I placed order and varied from May 19 to June 30 with several variations (maybe 5 EDDs including a couple 2 week windows).

I’m ready for potential delays but happy to be on home stretch. Time to DIY my Tesla Charger…. 78 Days from order to pickup on a base model. I’m pleased overall.
Nice! Ordered the same day as you. Same config. Was initially to pickup in Savannah but switched to Atlanta. Sadly, I'm still waiting for a VIN. Delivery showing June 1 - June 15

Reactions: jpaychek
My EDD range got pushed out by 2 days. Didn't expect Tesla to be so specific about EDD that 2 days makes a difference in a 5-week range.
I'm sure software is doing all these estimates. So it runs through a calculation and says that you should have a 5 week, 2 day, 6 hour, 3 minute, 2 second, and 151 millisecond window (5.32172975 weeks). Then it rounds to the nearest whatever, given the magnitude of the number.
So I’m theorizing here but didn’t we see a huge push out west in the third month of last quarter?
The other way. West coast was first, then east coast. All the deliveries here in the DC area were at the end of the quarter. As ever, this doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me because if they do west, east, east, west, then west is waiting a long time between major deliveries. It may be why T-J- is waiting so long. Some west coast deliveries are getting through, but it seems the great majority are east coast right now.

One little flaw… They took it back to service to fix before I accept delivery. 😀

Attachments

• 41F0CA5B-43A8-4A74-AFEF-32E395F322D2.jpeg
    41F0CA5B-43A8-4A74-AFEF-32E395F322D2.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 6C718ECD-0D76-4C2C-9B2A-18954B6DE937.jpeg
    6C718ECD-0D76-4C2C-9B2A-18954B6DE937.jpeg
    695.7 KB · Views: 85
Is there any view on the charge port issue? I'm refraining from calling 3-4 times a day to see if there's updates (i was getting out of hand) but waiting in the dark for a "text" with no further updates is mildly frustrating. IDK how y'all do it.
Nobody seems to know anything, the "manager" in KC is a clueless as everyone i've talked to. He has no visibility into the status of the parts, and it just keeps getting delayed. Was supposed to take delivery May 5th, now it's been pushed back to June 6th at the earliest, meanwhile my car is just sitting in a lot in KC waiting on this part.

Nobody seems to know anything, the "manager" in KC is a clueless as everyone i've talked to. He has no visibility into the status of the parts, and it just keeps getting delayed. Was supposed to take delivery May 5th, now it's been pushed back to June 6th at the earliest, meanwhile my car is just sitting in a lot in KC waiting on this part.
I feel like Tesla just needs to scrap those VINs and assign new ones to the people waiting at this point and it would be faster. A month+ wait when the car is physically at the center already is ridiculous.

Once the parts finally come they can just sell those as inventory cars or use them as loaners or whatever.

In the ‘things were going too smoothly’ category, my finance mgr called Friday and said I was ‘set’ and they just needed 2 days to have the cashiers check ready for pickup. Saturday I got a delivery date for Friday 20th. Monday I emailed: ‘please have check ready wednesday’. No response. I call, voicemail. I hope they’re not sick or something without a backup.

the wait is bad enough…..now this.

I feel like Tesla just needs to scrap those VINs and assign new ones to the people waiting at this point and it would be faster. A month+ wait when the car is physically at the center already is ridiculous.

Once the parts finally come they can just sell those as inventory cars or use them as loaners or whatever.
I told them they need to start looking for a new VIN for me. Made the argument there are literally multiple thousands of these cars coming off the assembly line every day, there must be dozens of my exact configuration, shouldn't take much work to grab one of those VIN's and assign to my account.