Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just reading on a Tesla Facebook group that you can request Matrix headlight to be installed later if you're given the old ones. The poster even shared screens showing the conversation and appointment information. He insisted on it while calling the main 800 number and they agreed his car should have them and they'll be adding them during his service appointment.
I was of the understanding that the brackets and heat sinks and virtually everything about them was different (other than the exterior shape). Are they compatible with the mounts for the old lights? (Don’t get too mad at me, I’m not particularly well informed—just watched a quick vid on the differences)

I was of the understanding that the brackets and heat sinks and virtually everything about them was different (other than the exterior shape). Are they compatible with the mounts for the old lights? (Don’t get too mad at me, I’m not particularly well informed—just watched a quick vid on the differences)
My understanding of the situation was similar to yours and that it wasn't as simple as swapping them out. While the Facebook poster provided a lot of details and screenshots I won't believe it's that easy until we see it confirmed by several new owners.

Got my generic trade in message from Tesla. Anyone know the time frame from getting that message to getting a VIN?
Whoops, gotta update my sig. Date moved to 6/4-6/8 😊
Wow, things moving fast! Got my VIN, 263XXX. Gotta head over and update the spreadsheet. Uploading insurance info now.
The generic message is just an automated cold call. Had no bearing on you getting your VIN.

Finally picked up my car today!! Then took off the ugly wheel cap right away lol

Attachments

• 972B4FEE-95B5-40B4-901B-D64074C9D21B.jpeg
    972B4FEE-95B5-40B4-901B-D64074C9D21B.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 517A851C-8565-4AAC-88EA-4938A2AFD8F4.jpeg
    517A851C-8565-4AAC-88EA-4938A2AFD8F4.jpeg
    566.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 15E01CB4-4CBE-486D-A727-438E258AD450.jpeg
    15E01CB4-4CBE-486D-A727-438E258AD450.jpeg
    790.1 KB · Views: 70
Finally picked up my car today!! Then took off the ugly wheel cap right away lol
Congrats! looks great. I can't decide if I'm going to take the cap off or not. I'm kinda warming up to the look. If I do take it off, I think I'd like the wheel to be black. I love the 20" performance look but just couldn't go with that ride quality and hitting pot holes and all. I also like the look of the 19" wheels but not silver. I'd like the 19" in black. So I'm just going to wait until I get mine and then figure out what I want to do.

You've got a looooooot of comments on this forum for someone who hasn't sent uploaded their info onto the spreadsheet my NY friend, not seeing any 2/26 orders in NY 😜
Lol oops. Never got around to it.

Hee hee. I actually could have picked 5/31 too. But my wife has to work that day. Plus my anniversary is on 5/30, so now I can take the new car out for dinner!
Hahaha understandable. I honestly wish I could have picked Sunday… would have been way easier for me to make the trip. Earliest day they gave me was the 31st :(

Congrats! looks great. I can't decide if I'm going to take the cap off or not. I'm kinda warming up to the look. If I do take it off, I think I'd like the wheel to be black. I love the 20" performance look but just couldn't go with that ride quality and hitting pot holes and all. I also like the look of the 19" wheels but not silver. I'd like the 19" in black. So I'm just going to wait until I get mine and then figure out what I want to do.
I already have a set of aftermarket 19" which came from my previous car. But is going to use it for the upcoming winter first, as I still have a set of winter tires for this 19" wheel. Then probably will use it for the next or second summer once the winter tires are done. I think 20" for the M3 is a bit too large IMO, especially if you use your car for daily, it's going to be harsh for sure with that large size and low profile tires.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-11 at 12.27.52 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-11 at 12.27.52 PM.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Reactions: Tizzy and SkunkApe
Those of you saying your EDD moved today when was the last time you checked it? It's somewhat unusual for them to move until about 10 minutes after I post this (8:00 AM ET) and then the next most likely time for a move is 4:00 PM ET. Have you checked it since the later update window yesterday? @7BaconTacos @Atltiger97
mine is typically in the morning, not sure what exact moment, but I usually check prior to work and I did it this morning at around 7:30 ET and it was updated. Last time I looked prior to this morning was last night around 11:00 ET.