Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% you should be excited. I don't think you were rubbing it in anyone's face.

I agree with you on not getting too amped up one way or another EDD'S until we have VIN's and delivery dates scheduled. I need to take up yoga or drinking to remain calm. Any suggestions on which would be more effective?
im pretty sure this forum is a meditation point for a lot of us. I know without it I think I would be going crazy thinking about the car more than I do now and the not knowing whats going on. At least with here you can kinda get a glimpse at the overall picture of where Tesla is in their process.

As many have mentioned, this is just the initial point in the car journey and will all be a distant memory in a few months and we all will forget about the roller coaster of EDD's and just enjoy having the car.

That sounds about right re west coast orders. My 2wk window of 5/19-6/2 got pushed to 5/22-6/2. Makes sense since I didn't get a VIN yest or today. Seems awfully close with no VIN. Wouldn't be surprised if things get pushed out

Your window got decreased. That is a good thing usually IMO. I just was reduced from a 14 day to 12 day window myself. I'm expecting hoping to get a VIN in the next 1-10 days.

Like clockwork, my delivery date updated to May 20-24 at 10AM ET. Anyone else with the charge port issue receive something more substantive? Or, alternatively, anyone in Florida actually pick up a M3LR in the past week?

Seriously annoying lack of transparency here. Also just preposterous to include today's date when the car clearly isn't ready. If you're going to be arbitrarily automated, at least do 5/21-25.

I asked about options for getting my assignment switched to a VIN that's actually available (want to make sure this would go to me, as opposed to someone who is supposed to be further back in line), such as one with upgraded features or a last-minute finance drop-out, but haven't heard back.
I'm in FL ( Tampa Bay) and I'm in the exact same boat. My EDD updated this morning to 5/20-5/24. No updates, no insight, no nothing! My best guess is that our SC's are waiting for these ECUs and they will reach out to schedule delivery as soon as the parts land. I can't image the charge port ECUs being a lengthy install. They keep giving us these generic "Car will need to be inspected once it arrives", but I think "inspection" means, they need to install these parts really quick lol. Unfortunately we are at their mercy, and I'm sure we all have very old VINS by now (Mine is 237XXX).

Over headlights. Wow.
Hope the wait is worth it!
I don't know man, I'm not paying this kind of money for already outdated stuff that I'm stuck with for 5+ years.

Also, my SA told me releasing a VIN does not move you in line. At my location at least, priority is always determined by order date. I specifically told him I will refuse any VIN with the old headlights and he said not to worry.

I’m seeing East coast, mid-March ODs getting early June EDDs, hoping us Left coast, mid-March ODs will see movement soon. Iots of activity to happen soon, especially if the dam breaks on Charger Port/ECU at all the dealers…. Standing by…😀
We have almost twin orders. OD 3/15, M3LR, MSM, black interior, aero, no FSD. current EDD June 10 - July 15, SoCal.

My understanding of the situation was similar to yours and that it wasn't as simple as swapping them out. While the Facebook poster provided a lot of details and screenshots I won't believe it's that easy until we see it confirmed by several new owners.
They have to be plug and play and some software tweak only. Otherwise how would they start using them again? Did they have pallets of harnesses and mounting brackets to go with a pallet of old lights?

Reactions: jpaychek
I’m seeing East coast, mid-March ODs getting early June EDDs, hoping us Left coast, mid-March ODs will see movement soon. Iots of activity to happen soon, especially if the dam breaks on Charger Port/ECU at all the dealers…. Standing by…😀

We have almost twin orders. OD 3/15, M3LR, MSM, black interior, aero, no FSD. current EDD June 10 - July 15, SoCal.

Same orders as you two – OD 03/12. EDD 06/09-07/14. Hopefully some movement soon. 🤞