Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After all my nightmare pushbacks I just got a text from the SA in Kansas City claiming that they found a part for my car and are waiting on tracking but expect it to be first of next week. I've been tweeting and posting everywhere on the internet i can think of about this horrible experience, i'm wondering if maybe the squeaky wheel got the grease here... Cautiously optimistic that this will work

I liked the 19’s, then hated them, now like them again. I was going to get them painted black or just get new black rims but I’m going to stick with these for a little bit.
Black is the route I took... ended up grabbing my config with the aero's (for winter) bought a set of aftermarket black wheels in 19's, which were actually just delivered today. Gonna use the 19's for spring/summer :)

I took delivery at Tyson's at the end of March and they left mine in the trunk. The state may have requested that Tesla install them because Virginia does require front and rear plates. I'm driving around with only my rear plate on and apparently the police won't pull you over for just that. However, if they pull you over for something else, they'll cite you for the missing front plate.
OK… this is SERIOUSLY tempting (says MD resident who doesn’t plan to get pulled over for anything)! I think the fine in MD is $50…

Here's the discussion on this site. It gets interesting around page 9 or so.

New headlights retrofit

The gist of what I've read is that the lights can physically plug in, but there is no means of telling the car's software to drive them. The car was created with the old lights and that's what it's going to drive. There is a mechanism to tell the car about configuration changes such as changed hardware, but apparently it is Tesla's policy to not allow people to upgrade vehicles to the new headlamps. One guy claims he was able to fool the techs into doing it anyway.
Not a cake walk, and not something I’d want to count on. But, good for those folks with the drive to make it happen!

Graduated today. In and out in no time. First time driving a Tesla and the acceleration is pretty silly/crazy.

’tons’ of new teslas on the lot. In the ‘ready for delivery’ area there were 7, 2 were X’s, a couple of Ys and then us 3s.
Can you
Graduated today. In and out in no time. First time driving a Tesla and the acceleration is pretty silly/crazy.

’tons’ of new teslas on the lot. In the ‘ready for delivery’ area there were 7, 2 were X’s, a couple of Ys and then us 3s.
Congrats! Would you let us know if you got the matrix headlights and what the build date was? Thanks!

Reactions: jpaychek
From many posts i've seen in this thread... it seems like there was a many cars being built with the vin in the early 240xxx-ish range (maybe even the late 230xxx-ish) that seemed to have the old headlights due to shortages, but then seems like the supply caught up and matrix headlights were back on cars around the late 240xxx-ish to 250xxx-ish range. I could be totally wrong though?
I’ll report back. My vin is 263xxx

Anybody here have Allstate Insurance? I am having trouble because the insurance card shows my first and middle name with just a space and my driver license has a comma. Tesla said they absolutely must have that comma or no deal. If anybody has found the solution to this I would greatly appreciate it. My SA is going to call my agent on Monday morning for me and straighten it out hopefully.

Anybody here have Allstate Insurance? I am having trouble because the insurance card shows my first and middle name with just a space and my driver license has a comma. Tesla said they absolutely must have that comma or no deal. If anybody has found the solution to this I would greatly appreciate it. My SA is going to call my agent on Monday morning for me and straighten it out hopefully.
Print it out, write in your own comma, take a picture of it, and SEND.

Got assigned a vin just now- older # - 2364XX. I texted the SA number and they said they “reviewed this vehicle and believe it has the matrix headlights”. I asked two follow up questions, asking what the build date was and why the older vin number, whether it was rejected or affected by the charge port. Response back was that ‘the build month was 4/2022 but don't have visibility to anything beyond that.’. So most likely either a charge port affected car, which would be no big deal if fixed, or a rejected car, which if that is the case would be a bummer.
Edited to add- confirmed Michelin tires as well. Didnt care as much about that but nice to have . . .
Good Luck with the delivery! Our car had a 227654 VIN and we went for pick up on May 14. Very disappointing with misaligned glass and paint defects. We ended up with a new delivery window that was a couple weeks later than our original one. (this delivery date was from someone who declined delivery) The build date on our car was 4/7/2022. Take your TIME with going over the car! I am sure you will be happy with it!