Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So has the headlight issue gotten worse or better? As in, are more recent deliveries getting matrix or the old ones? On a side note, does the Canadian market get vehicles that are built on a different line therefore different/older vins ?
VIN I got today for Edmonton is a 259***. Not sure yet on Matrix as it’s in transport and I never asked.

190B46AB-A460-4BF1-A80A-806A432661DA.jpeg
B6D66E72-3760-4AC6-856E-75AB19EB0957.jpeg
34AB8CC6-763D-4F6B-ABF8-7BBB082848B5.jpeg

Graduation day today! First of all, I just want to say thank you to all of your posts, I found it really helpful and was a good way to pass the long wait time from order to delivery.

My delivery experience was smooth. I have been in and out of dealerships and just not having to negotiate or do anything to not feel cheated felt great. Really thankful for the great service I received at Tesla today.

My appointment was at 3pm and I left in an hour. Did my insurance, inspection and paperwork all in that time. For those wondering how it goes, I walked into the delivery center and they had all the paperwork ready to go. They said that I should see the car before signing so I did and i did my inspection. No errors, it was perfect.

I then went back inside and signed all the documents needed for title transfer of the vehicle. Then just had to do the insurance and put the plates on and i was on my way. I stayed in the lot once it was all done to put my all weather floor mats.

From order to delivery was a total of 91 days. Not bad but those 91 days went by very slowly especially seeing the same EDD for months it can eat at you. But hang in there, like everyone has been saying since taking delivery of their vehicle, its all worth it in the end. Good luck to everyone with your orders and hope all your deliveries come soon. Its an excellent vehicle!

BTW guys - Did you guys read that the Service Manuals are suddenly free?

Free Service Manuals for 365 days.

Wow!! Thanks!! I signed up and got the one year access to all their service manuals. It’s professional maintenance manuals with full instructions, diagrams and pictures. Gold mine!

You can also get their diagnostic software - $3000 for 1 year. Wonder if they’re trying to entice an army of shops to start working on Teslas.

View attachment 806923View attachment 806924View attachment 806925
Graduation day today! First of all, I just want to say thank you to all of your posts, I found it really helpful and was a good way to pass the long wait time from order to delivery.

My delivery experience was smooth. I have been in and out of dealerships and just not having to negotiate or do anything to not feel cheated felt great. Really thankful for the great service I received at Tesla today.

My appointment was at 3pm and I left in an hour. Did my insurance, inspection and paperwork all in that time. For those wondering how it goes, I walked into the delivery center and they had all the paperwork ready to go. They said that I should see the car before signing so I did and i did my inspection. No errors, it was perfect.

I then went back inside and signed all the documents needed for title transfer of the vehicle. Then just had to do the insurance and put the plates on and i was on my way. I stayed in the lot once it was all done to put my all weather floor mats.

From order to delivery was a total of 91 days. Not bad but those 91 days went by very slowly especially seeing the same EDD for months it can eat at you. But hang in there, like everyone has been saying since taking delivery of their vehicle, its all worth it in the end. Good luck to everyone with your orders and hope all your deliveries come soon. Its an excellent vehicle!
Congratulations!! Now that you’ve graduated and assuming @rickvancouver has as well, I’ll finally leave this thread.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting! Just be patient and even if you see no movement in your EDD, likely means you have a stable one and will likely get delivery within it (or very close to it).

Why is your OD in January and you don't have a car? This whole method of how they order and deliver cars makes no sense. They should be by the order number. If you look at a fast food place its time and order number. Why would your order in January be passed up by someone ordering in March and actually getting a car before your order. Adding a P or FSD, larger tires or other paint options shouldn't bring orders to the front of the line. IMO. The crazy thing is they are charging extra for some paint colors makes no sense? They use to charge for white and now its included.
I just try not to think about it at this point. Nothing I can do. I just don’t understand why Tesla won’t tell me what’s going on

Last edited:
Reactions: jpaychek and tapau
I just try not to think about it at this point. Nothing I can do. I just don’t understand why Tesla won’t tell me what’s going on
I read through your posts and can’t imagine what is going on at Tesla concerning your car. You got a VIN so have you toured the lot to see if it’s actually there? I agree with your sentiments, how can others have their car and not you. This sounds like a major screwup at your SC. It’s great how ‘calm’ you are. I would be ballistic and in someone’s face at the SC. It’s a let down to me to see someone who’s not done anything to screw up the order (making changes or such) get put off this way. I’m apprehensive your experience may be my experience when I try to get my car 😩.
Hope the best for you happens soon.🤞

Bjørn Nyland of Teslabjorn just had his removed from his Model 3 because it pushes the screen towards the driver and blocks his view of his phone when it's on the charging pad.

Bjorn makes a good point. However, please note that he is using a version of the swivel that does NOT have the vertical 15 degree tilt. Whether that makes a difference, I'll have to see.

One of the main reason's I got this accessory was for "Dog Protection". If my dog hits the screen, it will tilt rather than break. I could restrain her with a seatbelt leash but my wife worries the dog will wrap it around it's leg and get injured. So, I got this for peace of mind and well as convenience. (Dog is a stumpy-tailed cattle dog.)

Florida Update: Although it came slightly after 10AM ET today, the expected shift to 5/21-25 EDD did arrive this morning. With no update, no apology or even a "we're working on it" from the SA, and no explanation for why "5/21" is included in this range.

Of course waiting is the name of the game with Tesla (and many car companies right now), but you still hope for transparency in situations like this were your car HAS been assigned and delivered to your pickup center. And you still want to see some indication that fixing the charge ports is an urgent priority, which I absolutely have not seen, as we know new cars are being produced every day with the ports installed. So the part does exist and is available.

Yeah, they low-balled me on my Camry Hybrid. I got $5K more from CarMax. Of course, KBB isn't real relevant to hybrid's with high gas prices and new car scarcity. I just got lucky. (Car was 2013 with 40K miles.)
Tesla offered me $11,400 for my ‘16 Camry XSE. It’s at 108k miles but I’m not sure if it’s better to sell it to CarMax or just write for sale on the back of the window to get attention.

Tesla offered me $11,400 for my ‘16 Camry XSE. It’s at 108k miles but I’m not sure if it’s better to sell it to CarMax or just write for sale on the back of the window to get attention.
CarMax was selling 2016 Camry Hybrid's with over 100K miles for $20,500 or more. It was shocking to me. Check out their website to see what your non-hybrid car is selling for. My car sold for $21,500 on CarMax.