Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
literally blows my mind lol. Why are we waiting on parts that are being installed on brand new cars built well after ours.
This has been discussed many times already.
The factory is more important than the cars they already shipped. They don't want to slow/stop production at the factory in order to ship those parts off to the service centers. They'll ship those parts when they are able to do so without threatening the production line.

My car came off the line 4/22, VIN 2341XX, has been in FLL since 5/11. I just called since the target date for the charge port is today 5/23. S/A said "give it a couple of days for them to get the car ready." When I asked if my car was currently getting the port put in today she said she would call the service center and call me back in 1 hour ......... let see.
This is potentially BIG news for folks in FL that are waiting. Please keep us posted! Thanks for staying on top of them!!

Reactions: canasion35
Decided to bring her back in to have the rear and front window tinted. Will have updated pics later today hopefully. He said 50% on the windshield will be perfect and doesn’t effect night driving except in a positive manner due to the bright LED lights on the roads today.

Get two other quotes. That’s almost what I paid for both the Tesla wall charger and installation.
If you live in a state where a building permit is required, the cost goes way up. It also depends on where you are having it installed as well. Several vendors I consulted gave two prices; one with a permit and one without. The cost is half of the other. Technically if you are the home owner and YOU installed it, you can get away with no permit. That's a North Carolina law(the no permit part) - your mileage may vary. The other thing you must consider is that the cost of the materials used to install are also skyrocketing. I am specifically referring to the wire and electrical conduit. I priced to do this all myself (I'm pretty handy) and gathering the materials alone was within 50 dollars off the cost of having someone do it.

Thank you - It is bitter-sweet. I'm glad to be able to upgrade and see the benefits, and I feel like I am getting $6k in value. We're very excited despite the added cost. But the way Tesla treats RWD customers is appalling, as is how they do business in general. Dropping the charger, stringing folks along with no communication....they are a trillion-dollar company. I emailed every service center in my area, monthly, asking for help and every single one ignored me. I have not been spoken to by a human being since I ordered. They can do better than this.
I emailed my SA about my pre-delivery tasks getting switched around and they were out of office for like a week. Then after that, they never spoke even after their one week vacation. I sent about four requests to speak with my SA and not once have they ever gotten back to me. I've always been dependent on chat SAs who want you to go away. I've had the same SA from chat talk to me three times and I feel like I'm a pet peeve now. I don't know how SAs are assigned, but the advisors at Fort Lauderdale have been so gentle and knowledgeable they look like they really want you to get your Tesla sooner and make you feel happy that you're in the Tesla family. One of them said something I laughed at: ".....and so on delivery day, fill out the paperwork, drive your Tesla and get out of here." Another advisor there investigated as to why my financing was constantly denied with good credit. He found out my account was missing some driver's license details (somehow) and filled all of that for me. Then when I got home I reapplied and just like that, I see I was approved.

My EDD got pushed back a month yesterday and is now 8/19-9/30 😬 Oh well, more time to obsess over which floor mats to buy.

Also, does anyone know any reason why Tesla doesn't have acceleration boost as an option in the online confgurator? I don't understand why you can purchase FSD as an option but not AB, they are both software enabled features. I think it would be nice to have it preinstalled and ready to go when I pick up the car but It's not the worst thing I suppose since I can use my CC and get some skymiles for it.

A guess is that if it did come from factory turned on then maybe there would need to be yet another EPA test & regulatory filing for a new model, as it affects the drive train.

Reactions: IWRBR
Thank you - It is bitter-sweet. I'm glad to be able to upgrade and see the benefits, and I feel like I am getting $6k in value. We're very excited despite the added cost. But the way Tesla treats RWD customers is appalling, as is how they do business in general. Dropping the charger, stringing folks along with no communication....they are a trillion-dollar company. I emailed every service center in my area, monthly, asking for help and every single one ignored me. I have not been spoken to by a human being since I ordered. They can do better than this.

I think it's that they don't want to tell the truth (CATL factories in China for the LFP battery are barely running because of covid shutdowns) because it would be picked up by the news media and tank the Tesla stock price even more. And Elon is personally leveraged up the wazoo.

They'd have to go back to NCA SR+ battery pack and lower range but those lines are running flat out producing batteries for more profitable LR and P models.

guy charging me 1100 to install a nema 14-50 outlet, is this price reasonable?
echoing what others are saying, but it does depend on many factors, but mostly location and how far you want to run the wiring. Generally speaking the outlet box is cheap and the wire ranges from $3-6 per foot. And then you have to pay for the labor to install and how difficult it is.

I live in Mississippi, which will be much cheaper than California. There are no required permits here. That said....I paid $240 to install it about 4' from my breaker in the garage.

Reactions: Tizzy
Took delivery yesterday at Mount Kisco 101 days since order everything is good except for the driver's seat squeaks when you come to a stop mobile unit is going to check it out next week
Congratulations on the new M3! While waiting for the squeak to get fixed remember that's why Tesla stereo's are so good is to hide all the noises so crank it up 🤣

The anticipation waiting to see if a VIN is going to be assigned is driving me crazy lol

I see many orders from the beginning of March being assigned VINs the last few days.

From what I’ve seen, VIN assignments are during random times of the day. Not the standard times we see EDD updates. Not 100% sure but that’s my observation.

This wait is excruciating! :)

The anticipation waiting to see if a VIN is going to be assigned is driving me crazy lol

I see many orders from the beginning of March being assigned VINs the last few days.

From what I’ve seen, VIN assignments are during random times of the day. Not the standard times we see EDD updates. Not 100% sure but that’s my observation.

This wait is excruciating! :)
My OD is 03/07 and I am in the same boat. I think we will have to wait until day 85 - 95 on the West coast. I am hoping that since my car is MSM color that I have slightly better chances. (I know - wishful thinking... 😇 )