Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN Today! I was notified via text. Now it is just a matter of getting this switch from cash to Finance, and then insurance, and all the rest of that fun stuff. How did you all handle the proof of insurance ? The policy should be started until the delivery day, and I can get proof of insurance until then. Interested to see how you all handled that portion of it.

VIN Today! I was notified via text. Now it is just a matter of getting this switch from cash to Finance, and then insurance, and all the rest of that fun stuff. How did you all handle the proof of insurance ? The policy should be started until the delivery day, and I can get proof of insurance until then. Interested to see how you all handled that portion of it.
I was told by an SA you don’t need proof of insurance on the Tesla, proof you have active car insurance. I only had to upload a photo of my insurance card to satisfy the app’s requirement. The day of pickup will be different. You should have finalized the insurance by then.

Today is my 3 month OD anniversary. 90 days and still no VIN.
No changes to EDD. No VIN over the weekend (prediction failed, I want my money back).
Based on past EDD's, tomorrow I'll get bumped out a week to another two week window.

I think the one thing that is irritating me more than anything is filling up my current car with gas. Each fill up, I'm like "is this the last tank of gas I'll have to purchase?". And, with fuel over $5 a gallon here now, I can't wait until I'm done with $75 gas station visits!
I don’t doubt it buddy, but you will be with me driving by those gas stations by the end of the month just laughing at them spending 5.19 for gas while you go 120 mph wasting you range because it costs you $4 to ’fill up’ at night!

I paid $350 for my 14-50 install. Basically other side of the wall in the garage. In AZ, we have our breaker panels on the exterior of our homes. So he just had to go back-to-back with the panel basically (well, a 1ft run).

If you live in a state where a building permit is required, the cost goes way up. It also depends on where you are having it installed as well. Several vendors I consulted gave two prices; one with a permit and one without. The cost is half of the other. Technically if you are the home owner and YOU installed it, you can get away with no permit. That's a North Carolina law(the no permit part) - your mileage may vary. The other thing you must consider is that the cost of the materials used to install are also skyrocketing. I am specifically referring to the wire and electrical conduit. I priced to do this all myself (I'm pretty handy) and gathering the materials alone was within 50 dollars off the cost of having someone do it.

Depends on how long the run is from your main panel to your outlet. I paid $550 but my outlet was only a few few away from main panel.
This. A lot really depends on cost of materials, skilled electricians in your area, what actual work needs to be done, what region you are in, etc.. I would cross post this question in one of the regional sub-forums for a better answer (to the person who originally asked this question.

I paid $400 for mine but I had my builder install it in my new home before the walls were up. It's a decent length though, as the panel is a good amount away (I have a 3 car garage, but one side is a tandem. The panel is towards the middle of the garage, where the tandem wall is, so they had to go back, right, and back again).

guy charging me 1100 to install a nema 14-50 outlet, is this price reasonable?
I was quote 600, and thought that was high. So I did it myself for around 79 dollar. It really depend on how far you want it from the panel. The closer the cheaper cause wires 6 gauges do not come cheap.

Attachments

• 61280F09-FD71-4EC1-811F-B56EAB52E986.jpeg
    61280F09-FD71-4EC1-811F-B56EAB52E986.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
I'm paying $1300 to have a wall charger hard wired into my garage so that seems very reasonable to me.
That's crazy...I just paid $415 to have my wall connector installed in the garage. Maybe the market is different where y'all are at? The NEMA 14-50 install quote was $445 for reference when i was looking at a wall connector vs 14-50. (panel to charger is about 4 foot)

Reactions: Teleezen and Maric