Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright I'm mad about the EDD getting pushed back so far. I'm going to go ahead and bite on a used tesla.
Your EDD progression looks really odd. Did you make any order changes? If not, you may want to experiment with changing configuration - if you change the color to red for example, your order in line should get a bump. Regardless, I think your Oct-Jan timeframe is a mistake that should be corrected in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Nfletcher
I understand that it is easier to go with Tesla for your loan, but is it really worth it to "lose" hundreds or even thousands of dollars over a few years just to save a couple of hours applying at credit union?
Personally to me it doesn't matter. In the long-run when the car is paid off, I don't think I'll mind paying an extra thousand lol. I understand your perspective though.

It also has to do with time. I got my VIN yesterday and scheduled delivery for tomorrow (Tesla gave me a 3 day window with tomorrows times only working for me). I didn't want to be frantically searching around till last minute for an auto loan. If I had a week or two until delivery, maybe I would have shopped around.

Today is day 80 and I got my VIN with an updated EDD of 5/23-5/27. I switched my payment over to financing and applied for Tesla financing and was approved for 3.24%.

I see most of you guys getting great rates at credit unions, but I will admit I am too lazy to go that route and like the convenience of doing everything thru Tesla. 3.24% is the rate that Tesla advertises their loans at, but does that mean that I won't be able to get a rate that's lower than 3.24%? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should reach out to Tesla to see if they can secure a better rate. I appreciate everyone's feedback!

OD: 3/4
M3LR, MSM, aero, black interior, no FSD.
VIN: 251xxx
Matrix Headlights?: advisor stated "According to what I can see it should have the new headlight design"
Update:

Got my VIN 5/23, scheduled delivery 5/25. Everything happened so fast! Graduating ladies and gentlemen!

I got my offer back, about 1K lower than others out there so I declined. I tried to see if Tesla would price match but they said they no longer do that. O well would have been cool to have the tax savings and ease of trade-in and pick up at the same spot. But not worth taking a 1K or more hit.

Reactions: jpaychek
Your EDD progression looks really odd. Did you make any order changes? If not, you may want to experiment with changing configuration - if you change the color to red for example, your order in line should get a bump. Regardless, I think your Oct-Jan timeframe is a mistake that should be corrected in the next couple of weeks.
Another thing is that if you get the generic EDD just wait another day. That’s only there to bug you for 24 hours. But yeah that can also show up if you changed your build. It’s strange for an unmodified order though.

What are you trading in and how much are they giving you?
2013 Chevy Volt with 175K, they offered $3K. KBB/local subaru shop just offered $4K possibly more upon inspection. So I am going to go sometime this week to get it checked out.

Also thinking of tossing it on FB Marketplace and seeing if any interest in it at around 7-8K. Thats where I was thinking it should be in todays market.

Reactions: jpaychek
I went to MPS Credit Union and I’ve been told I can get approved for a loan as low as 1.99%. Going tomorrow to fill out an application. My father is a retired federal worker so he’s helping. I got a 5.24% rate from Tesla via US Bank applying through the app.

Edit: MPS is a local CU. You’re probably better off finding local CUs and not through popular banks.