Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The old headlights have more diffuse lighting---I bet autopilot/FSD will work better as there isn't an artificial high contrast cutoff. Computer vision amplifies those as they are usually object boundaries.
Perhaps, but if/when ADB function is enabled on the matrix lights then it would allow the car to keep high beams on most of the time which would be immensely better for the camera/computer.

Has anyone used Carvana to sell their current car? I'm just curious how many days you have to schedule the pickup/exchange once you upload all of your documents. My current quote expires today but I'm dragging my feet for obvious reasons. Trying to minimize the amount of time we are down to one car in our household. :)
I just sold my car to Carmax, It kinda worked out well with being abler to luck out with extending around 14 days before selling. I received an online offer and waited the full 7 days to go to a Carmax location for the appraisal and then waited a full 7 days later to accept the appraisal offer and sell my car. I’m just hoping to get assigned a VIN soon 🤞

• Helpful
Reactions: QueenSundodger
Just drove home in the new M3 from Tyson's corner. It was a little rainy today so they hadn't attached the front license plate yet, but SA assured me it'd stick fine in the rain and threw it on there.

Car is fantastic overall. I was a little concerned about a panel gap in the right rear tail light but someone there fiddled with an adjustment under the trunk lid and it seemed to line up better. Not reason enough to reject, by any means.

Came with the mobile connector, the J1772 adapter, rzyen, matrix lights. Pulling 8kw in the garage now comfortably.

Thanks all for the encouragement as I waited these 93 days to get the car! Hang in there, you'll make it.

So odd. Tesla texted me this answer when I asked about home delivery vs pickup over the weekend.

"We only offer deliveries for customers that are over 220 miles away from the closest pick up center, at a cost."
I'm about 30 miles from the closest Tesla dealership.

With that said, I just got a text from my SA moving my delivery date to 5/27 stating "your Model 3 has not arrived yet."

Not sure about everyone else here, but after a long wait the headlights become less and less of a priority. In the end, I drive 5k or less miles a year, and most of my driving is during the daytime. I guess I ended up convincing/rationalizing to myself that a rejection of the car that would add another 2-4 weeks of waiting and potentially getting offered another old headlights car is not worth it

Reactions: jpaychek
Not sure about everyone else here, but after a long wait the headlights become less and less of a priority. In the end, I drive 5k or less miles a year, and most of my driving is during the daytime. I guess I ended up convincing/rationalizing to myself that a rejection of the car that would add another 2-4 weeks of waiting and potentially getting offered another old headlights car is not worth it
I'm pretty sure you'll have to wait longer than that. I think you go back to the end of the line if you refuse delivery.

Reactions: ColoradoMike