Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the same order date and mine has been really stable too. Just a couple changes here and there but it doesn’t bounce around a whole lot. Hoping we get 2 week windows soon!
If it makes you feel any better, my SA said last week that she is really really Really REALLY confident I’ll have a car in the first half of June…

Has anyone used Carvana to sell their current car? I'm just curious how many days you have to schedule the pickup/exchange once you upload all of your documents. My current quote expires today but I'm dragging my feet for obvious reasons. Trying to minimize the amount of time we are down to one car in our household. :)

I've sold two cars to Carvana in the last 2 months. Excellent service and they came in with best quote every time.

I'm glad Carvana worked out for you. Yesterday, I sold my 2015 Acura to Carmax for $1300 more than the Carvana offer. I did have to arrange to drive it there, though.
It's different for all of us and based on their car inventory and exactly what they need. Carvana was almost $4k below my CarMax offer so I of course sold mine to CarMax. Two months and no car. Not a great idea but it's worked out ok for me with using a family member's car.

Graduation Post! 🎉🎉🎉

I am very bad with anything related to graduation. I never went to my bachelor's graduation, masters graduation and kind of ghosted this forum as soon as I got my car, lol. Though -- I had spent way too much time here, and not at my work and had to go on an overdrive to get work things back on track. I have an obsessive personality, and cannot wait for things. Waiting for this car took up way too much of my time, but y'all were awesome. Hanging out here, discussing, shooting *sugar*, posting memes and most important sharing very crucial and important information such as matrix lights - was so so helpful -- and after the longest fkin wait -- getting hands on this beast is WELL WORTH IT.

Sexy, sexy, sexy piece of machine. It's amazing. The speed blows my mind every time I set foot on the pedal. I cannot go back to the snails anymore. Next car is probably a Lambo or a Ferrari but probably not, because they may not be able to match the tech. My gf, actually fiance (I got engaged the same weekend as I got the car) literally wouldn't let me stop driving around. We drove around seattle for 8 hours. Literally in circles, testing the acceleration, hands free driving, the works. Hell, I made some reels for the first time, making full use of the auto-pilot. Also - it's insanely cheap to fill up as compared to gas! Superchargers cost like 10$ for 20 -> 90%. Home charging is half of that. Most of the places I visit, like work, markets, have free charging. It's insanity that I am getting this super-car like performance for free.

I have a terrible commute, 160 miles one way, and was doing that in my old car, a civic. No features, not even a keyless start lol. And driving through the highway traffic, sometimes late at night, in intense rains, I needed this car. Commute now, is a breeze. Even in intense pouring rain, the auto-pilot drives like a champ. I pick a lane and let this beauty go and it shimmers away in the wake of the magnificent radiance of the matrix reflectors. Audio system is so so so good. God, I have been listening to music non-stop. The cruise control also helps me catch up on important meetings and podcasts without much distraction. I wish they bring subscription FSD to canada. Even though 90% of my drive is in US -- I can't use the US FSD as the car is Canadian.

It is also a very humbling and proud moment for me. Just 6 years back, I was a fresh grad with a first job offer of 100$ a month. Ended up working for a company for 400$ a month. And here I am, just a short while later driving an 80000$ car. Never in my dreams did I think of seeing such a day.

Couple of learnings:

- Buying a Tesla car is a DIY project -- there isn't a negotiation part, but they still may short change you eg Matrix Lights. Gotta be alert and informed.
- Initial EDD is usually the most accurate EDD, there may be ups and downs to this
- Fancier builds do get prioritized but difference isn't by much
- It's a lifestyle change. I was very limited in the options of renting because I only wanted a place with at least a trickle charger in parking. Vancouver area, thankfully has several of these (Craigslist is awesome with "EV" filter) Charging at home helps like crazy -- do prioritize it. But superchargers are awesome as well so dont let home charging hold you back
- SAs are greatat times. I arrived at the decision to buy a Tesla because SAs patiently answered all my questions and they are very knowledgable, some of them at-least. Especially when someone has little to no idea about Tesla as an outsider.

@yvr_bbq wasn't just gonna disappear yo

@doodlebob424 I knew your car was on the next truck -- so happy to see your graduation post

Vancity be rolling now 😎

View attachment 808113
View attachment 808112
Congratulations! Glad you got out and enjoyed it rather than just stuck on these forums! No offence to the others!! 😆

So as of tinting I’m thinking to do ceramic tints 15% all around. Now as of the back windshield do you guys tint it all the way even over the manufacture tint? Or do you guys cut the tint half way
You want the rear all one piece and 15 percent looks good.I have a buddy that did 15 and it’s perfect. Not to dark but dark enough. I’m doing that when I get my car.

So as of tinting I’m thinking to do ceramic tints 15% all around. Now as of the back windshield do you guys tint it all the way even over the manufacture tint? Or do you guys cut the tint half way
The cost of doing the whole back window is high. Takes a 60” roll and most tint installers don’t carry it. Most tint up to the gradient as it has heat reducing properties. Due to the angle of the rear glass, it’s hardly noticeable where the seams meet.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
The cost of doing the whole back window is high. Takes a 60” roll and most tint installers don’t carry it. Most tint up to the gradient as it has heat reducing properties. Due to the angle of the rear glass, it’s hardly noticeable where the seams meet.
Yeah I’ve had a few places quote me on pricing some say they do the whole back window some are saying they don’t do it all the way. So really i just got to figure out what I want to do on that, kinda hard decision

Picked up my ride today and it went great. No issues anywhere that we could find.

Came with Matrix lights, so my SA was right about that.

I put about 150 miles on it today and it's crazy how fun it is to drive. The acceleration is just beyond words and I honestly haven't even fully floored it yet. The sound system is unreal.

Hope everyone in this thread has good luck with their cars, and their wait times breeze by quickly!

Just received the "Schedule your delivery" text.

Will be picking up my car next Friday 6/3. I text my SA to confirm which headlights but he is out of the office so I will have to wait until tomorrow. VIN 258XXX. I really hope it has the Matrix lights.
I texted mine to ask and was ghosted. Usually they were pretty quick at replying before, but now I asked about the lights and *crickets* lol

Honestly, just call the normal Tesla #. Any one of those SA’s can look at your build via your vin and tell you whether your car has the matrix or not. That’s what I did lol
I want to be surprised. :) But seriously, I really don’t understand all the hubbub. They look very similar to me and both light the way. But I can understand the need for the latest tech in your new gadget. I upgrade my phone every two years just for that reason.