Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will use you as an example of why everyone should upgrade to the M3LR. 😅 Congrats!
Haha I think it’s purely being so close to the factory, about 80 miles. I have not forgotten how my order didn’t matter until I was willing to pay more. And the annoyance continues. I ordered trunk, well, and frunk liners and wouldn’t you know the order is delayed.

I see you're scheduled for delivery tomorrow!! How you feeling??
I got the automated call this morning confirming my delivery this morning. Then I sent a text to my SA just to confirm that there's nothing else I needed to do -- they replied and told me I was all good to go and asked if I'd be able to pick it up today if it was ready. I told them I would and they scheduled my pick up for 230p this afternoon. I'm feeling good -- trying to cram a few delivery checklist/pick up videos to make sure I'm all set to go.

My original pick up was tomorrow at 10am so I'm glad I can get it today so I don't have to think about it all tonight. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the extra time I'll get back checking the app and this thread 🤣

Haha I think it’s purely being so close to the factory, about 80 miles. I have not forgotten how my order didn’t matter until I was willing to pay more. And the annoyance continues. I ordered trunk, well, and frunk liners and wouldn’t you know the order is delayed.
Florida is closely becoming a Texas and California when it comes to these factories being built. One of the largest flea markets that have been around for 40 years is closing and is selling the land to Amazon. I think Tesla should invest in Florida as well.

EDIT: The reason why I mention Amazon buying this land is because they are hungry for more facilities in SoFla. Me wonders where is next for Tesla after Texas.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Got pushed up 5-6 days this morning.

MSM / 18" Aero / Black Interior / No FSD

Order Date: 3/6
Initial EDD: May 13-June 10 (4 weeks)
4/22 Update: June 7-July 12 (5 weeks)
5/3 Update: May 22-June 19 (4 weeks)
5/23 Update: June 11-June 25 (2 weeks)
Today's 5/26 Update: June 6-June 19 (2 weeks)

This is tracking along with my latest EDD 6/5 - 6/19.
So hopefully that is good news!

Florida is closely becoming a Texas and California when it comes to these factories being built. One of the largest flea markets that have been around for 40 years is closing and is selling the land to Amazon. I think Tesla should invest in Florida as well.

EDIT: The reason why I mention Amazon buying this land is because they are hungry for more facilities in SoFla. Me wonders where is next for Tesla after Texas.
Florida perhaps but Georgia is doing really well with pulling in large biz as well.

What frustrates people is the manner in which Tesla has been communicating this issue.
I completely agree. I thought that explaining the supply chain problem (again) might help to remind people that Tesla isn't malicious, just trapped by circumstance. Tesla absolutely should be treating their customers like adults by communicating clearly what the issue is and what they're doing to solve it. As you say, some redress of the pain would go a long way to improving their customers' view of the company.

I fear that corporations no longer can treat us like adults because their customer bases are salted by too many idiots who ruin everything for the rest of us.

I think everyone can understand, though perhaps not like, the supply chain issue. What frustrates people is the manner in which Tesla has been communicating this issue.

1) The process itself is a bit unintuitive. Not everyone would understand why a car would be shipped without an essential part, or at least why an incomplete car would be assigned to someone without any warning or clear impact on the EDD.

2) The original story I received was that the car was simply stuck at the regional distribution center and would be available to me as soon as they could secure a truck to deliver it. So, to find out that you still couldn't pick up the car even after it was available at the delivery site, really stunk.

3) When they admitted the charge port issue, they outright told me the part was shipped and even gave me a window for when to expect it. So either that was wrong, or there's something else going on. But a customer shouldn't fear blaming Tesla in this case if they were told Tesla had the issue under control.

4) It's not necessarily obvious that the EDD on the app isn't rooted in any sort of intelligence. As such, if you hear about the charge port issue on May 13, and see May 13-17 in the app, you assume the part is just about ready to install. It takes a few days and angry phone calls to see that it's just an automated Today + 4 pattern that has no connection to what's really going on.

5) Tesla can't control external supply chain shortages, but it would be nice to see Tesla exercising anything it can do. Or at least communicating why a seemingly workable option (such as re-allocating those affected by the ECU issue to VINs that will definitely be available imminently, after all, we're supposed to be next in line!) would be impossible. People here have had some good counters to why Tesla can't just stop everything to take care of a small batch of customers, but that would mean so much more coming directly from Tesla -- with some alternative proposals or make-goods (opportunity to change some specs for a canceled car that's ready for pickup, some FSD or Supercharger credit for when the car arrives, etc). Basically, something that lets you know that Tesla is actually empathetic to what customers are going through, and actually doing everything it can to remedy.
This is what I'm talking about, thank you! Don't tell me the car is here...there...next week...needs to pass inspection...chip coming this day.... if you truly don't know when the special orders for extra chips will be available for vehicles. My issue is not the supply chain shortage. My issue is that it seems like Tesla is giving very conflicting information to people who are all waiting for the same thing. If I have to wait a year, so be it, but let me know. People have been now hanging on to 5 day delivery window for over a month for a vehicle they could perhaps not even see this year, all the while they are trying to get finances in order. Why do I need to reapply for a vehicle lean and possibly affect my credit based on a window that Tesla can't commit to. If that's the case, put a TBD in the app and give me an EDD once the part lands. I've held up my end of the bargain by giving Tesla my money, how about they at least communicate with their customers.

Last edited:
I got the automated call this morning confirming my delivery this morning. Then I sent a text to my SA just to confirm that there's nothing else I needed to do -- they replied and told me I was all good to go and asked if I'd be able to pick it up today if it was ready. I told them I would and they scheduled my pick up for 230p this afternoon. I'm feeling good -- trying to cram a few delivery checklist/pick up videos to make sure I'm all set to go.

My original pick up was tomorrow at 10am so I'm glad I can get it today so I don't have to think about it all tonight. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the extra time I'll get back checking the app and this thread 🤣
Awesome, so happy for you!! And happy to see a FL customer finally get their car! Send some pics once you take delivery!!

Reactions: Not That M3

HAHA, I feel you. I have problems sleeping when I'm excited. <pause> Wait... 🤣

Picked up the car yesterday with checklist in hand. Seamless delivery, no matrix but I'm fine with that. Like all have said it truly is fun to drive and I don't even know half the things it does other than what I have learned here and you tube. I do recommend the Cnik Tesla ring. I love it. No keys, no phone no problem. I got lucky and found one on ebay in white pearl in the right size for $60. So worth it to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_215537.jpg
    IMG_20220525_215537.jpg
    985.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220525_160803.jpg
    20220525_160803.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 63
Picked up the car yesterday with checklist in hand. Seamless delivery, no matrix but I'm fine with that. Like all have said it truly is fun to drive and I don't even know half the things it does other than what I have learned here and you tube. I do recommend the Cnik Tesla ring. I love it. No keys, no phone no problem. I got lucky and found one on ebay in white pearl in the right size for $60. So worth it to me.
CONGRATS!!

Reactions: M3Kat
That dealer looks so nice. The west has a good taste on exterior design versus the east. Great to see an MSM. Makes me more happier I went for that color than white. I just searched that key ring you mentioned and it looks convenient. Probably much better than a credit card sized key. Thanks for mentioning it! Now I must invest in a $400 wall charger and a ring. 😂