Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea on approval, filled out the online forms and that's it. I will give them a call! I'm 100% confident I will get approved.

Thanks guys! I cannot express how much this forum has helped myself and so many others. This community rocks.
Was on hold for 2.5 hours with DCU - apparently they are very busy. The answered and said they would call me back after taking down my info...

• Informative
Reactions: Maric and Soosh
I was willing to pay $50 for sunshades and thanks to your post I've lowered my acceptable limit to $15.
I have sunshades that came from my father's '04 Highlander. They still work out just fine and keep my Camry cool when I have it parked outside for 7 hours during work. I think it can still survive in a Model 3.
Lmao that’s what I’m saying!! I’m definitely better off on Amazon or something I don’t think I’ll be paying $160 for sunshades😂😂
I just realized you were talking about the roof sunshades. You surprised me thinking it was for the windshield. I still think buying on-brand isn't good money-wise. For quality, definitely. But Amazon is always home for cheap finds. I'd stick with Amazon.

People talking about going to P. Is it even practical to drive as a daily driver in somewhere that doesn’t have perfect weather? I would fear popping tires often with the east coast pot holes on a P
from what I gather, people say the car is about the same as the LR and if they live in cold weather climates, they get either 18's or 19's for winter tires and it makes it better to drive in the winter.

Reactions: PushinT
I pulled the trigger because the projector headlights are what I’ve always wanted in a car, yes it doesn’t make sense but it’s a personal thing to me. Don’t wanna own the car for 5+ years and look at it thinking “you could have been better” 😂

Picking up the car today.
this is what I was looking for :)

not helping push me in the save money way but might think about changing it now way.

def let us know how the pick up goes

For those in/around OC, CA, I was driving through Buena Park and noticed the western end of “Buena Park Downtown” (corner of Stanton and La Palma) has been temporarily taken over by Tesla. There are dozens and dozens of new vehicles being worked on. I’ll try to take a picture on my way back. Hopefully, they’re being prepped for delivery, and SoCal will see more movement soon.

If this was discussed already, apologies for the duplicate post. Today was my first time seeing it.

I just dropped off the car for the tint. Getting the Formula One Stratos and while it is a bit more expensive than the Pinnacle, I think it is worth it. The shop I have gone to and continue to go to is phenomenal! They do the back window in 1 piece. The Strato's out the door is $849.00. Windshield is an additional $150 if you add that. I almost did the windshield, but am going to wait a bit. We did not do the windshield on our other M3. The Pinnacle out the door was $699. I chose the Strato's again because now that we have had it for a little over a year, there is a pretty big difference in it and the Pinnacle that I had on my other car. I have been very happy with the Strados and their warranty is great too. Next weekend we are having the passenger window replaced due to it getting a crack on the outside pane. The are replacing the tint for no fee!

Sunbusters? Are you sure it's not an additional $250? I'm pretty sure it's $250 and not $150 (others in the area charge that much or even $300 for the front windshield).

Yes it’s been happening to a lot of people. Apparently it’s supposed to switch back in a few days not sure what’s going on with that glitch
I asked my SA:
My EDD shifted from 5/28-6/11 ==> 6/4-6/18 to August-November 2022. Have I messed something up or otherwise offended the scheduling computer?

And heard back:
Hello dates are subject to change at anytime, and are just estimates.

For those in/around OC, CA, I was driving through Buena Park and noticed the western end of “Buena Park Downtown” (corner of Stanton and La Palma) has been temporarily taken over by Tesla. There are dozens and dozens of new vehicles being worked on. I’ll try to take a picture on my way back. Hopefully, they’re being prepped for delivery, and SoCal will see more movement soon.

If this was discussed already, apologies for the duplicate post. Today was my first time seeing it.
My car is one of them!

Reactions: at714
I asked my SA:
My EDD shifted from 5/28-6/11 ==> 6/4-6/18 to August-November 2022. Have I messed something up or otherwise offended the scheduling computer?

And heard back:
Just picture Mr. Bean running the scheduling computer and it will all makes sense.

I asked my SA:

And heard back:
I don’t believe you messed anything up it’s been happening to a lot of customers and they say it’s supposed to fix after a couple days

Guys I’m debating between 15% or 20% tints I know it’s not a big difference, but I’m thinking of possible night drives? Maybe 15% may be a tad bit too dark from inside. What do you guys think?
I've had tinted windows on every car that I've ever owned. My general guidance here would be the darker the better. The ambient light with darker tint inside makes it easier on the eyes as well. The only caution I would give you here is on the back window, if you go too dark and you rely on looking through the back window when backing up, there could be challenges there with dark tint in the evenings.

I've had tinted windows on every car that I've ever owned. My general guidance here would be the darker the better. The ambient light with darker tint inside makes it easier on the eyes as well. The only caution I would give you here is on the back window, if you go too dark and you rely on looking through the back window when backing up, there could be challenges there with dark tint in the evenings.
Sounds good. I will actually not be relying too much on the back as there as many cameras on the Tesla thankfully lol. I’ll mostly be using the rear view mirrors and the cameras

Reactions: toady911