Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just calculated it out, with my config it's $9,550 to upgrade to a P. Seems those are getting delivered right away and not having nearly as many issues as LR orders.

Thoughts from the group here if its worth it? $72K (with tax) for a car.... I thought $62K was pushing it, but if I get it sooner and have all the latest and greatest, it might be worth the extra.

So I just calculated it out, with my config it's $9,550 to upgrade to a P. Seems those are getting delivered right away and not having nearly as many issues as LR orders.

Thoughts from the group here if its worth it? $72K (with tax) for a car.... I thought $62K was pushing it, but if I get it sooner and have all the latest and greatest, it might be worth the extra.
I think you should switch to an SR. Give Tesla another year and they'll probably have all these issues sorted out ;)

The difference you should look at between the LR and P is the range and speed. The P is for those who like going faster on the highways, kinda like the Roadster, because it has a higher top speed and lower time it takes to get from 0 - 60 mph. I'd say it's a starter for NASCAR drivers. P seems to manufacture quite quickly, so maybe if your concern is order length, then it's probably best for you.

Reactions: Soosh and jpaychek

I think that would come down to your personal situation. If you need the car right away and have the coin. Then that would be something to consider. If you can wait some more and save the $ then... tip the scales in the direction that applies best for you.

I just switched from SR to LR just to try and get my car before 2023. Since I ordered 10/21 I was grandfathered into the lower cost so it was easy decision for me considering how much I am spending in Gas...... Hopeful we all start seeing deliveries soon.

I'm upgrading for range. I also want to charge less on a weekly basis for battery longevity.

Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
DCU offers auto refinance loans at the same rates as new car loans. If you went through Tesla financing you may want to look into re-fi after delivery.
Question for the guys who went with Tesla financing. Do they offer standard loan terms, such as no penalty pre-payment in full?
Been thinking myself of going with Tesla financing 1st for ease of transaction and just refinance with local CU with better terms few weeks later.

I think that would come down to your personal situation. If you need the car right away and have the coin. Then that would be something to consider. If you can wait some more and save the $ then... tip the scales in the direction that applies best for you.

I just switched from SR to LR just to try and get my car before 2023. Since I ordered 10/21 I was grandfathered into the lower cost so it was easy decision for me considering how much I am spending in Gas...... Hopeful we all start seeing deliveries soon.
thanks, I think I am just getting impatient now. I know others have been waiting longer but still mid march (ish) to now is a long time to wait on something of this caliber.

I know "its worth the wait" but seeing P orders get filled within a few weeks is hard to swallow when we all have been waiting so long.

Then there is the whole matrix vs no matrix issue...

Its overwhelming lol

Question for the guys who went with Tesla financing. Do they offer standard loan terms, such as no penalty pre-payment in full?
Been thinking myself of going with Tesla financing 1st for ease of transaction and just refinance with local CU with better terms few weeks later.
Unless you are limited to an extremely small delivery window that you don't think DCU or your local CU could meet, I don't see why you would go through the effort of refinancing later. Find out how fast your lender of choice will send out the check and find out if they overnight their checks directly to Tesla.

Reactions: Ubersl

I pulled the trigger because the projector headlights are what I’ve always wanted in a car, yes it doesn’t make sense but it’s a personal thing to me. Don’t wanna own the car for 5+ years and look at it thinking “you could have been better” 😂

Picking up the car today.

It's not hard to find availability but it is more expensive as the material is supposed to be more (due to one big sheet).

This

I'm seeing $550-$700 for ceramic around Austin. Front windshield (70%) is about $250-$300. The films are Madico, Xpel XR Black, and Pinnacle. The higher grade ceramics, such as Xcel XR Plus and Formula One Stratus is a bit more.
I just dropped off the car for the tint. Getting the Formula One Stratos and while it is a bit more expensive than the Pinnacle, I think it is worth it. The shop I have gone to and continue to go to is phenomenal! They do the back window in 1 piece. The Strato's out the door is $849.00. Windshield is an additional $150 if you add that. I almost did the windshield, but am going to wait a bit. We did not do the windshield on our other M3. The Pinnacle out the door was $699. I chose the Strato's again because now that we have had it for a little over a year, there is a pretty big difference in it and the Pinnacle that I had on my other car. I have been very happy with the Strados and their warranty is great too. Next weekend we are having the passenger window replaced due to it getting a crack on the outside pane. The are replacing the tint for no fee!