Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome! Here is some info on putting your details on the order spreadsheet and also you can look over the spreadsheet to get an idea of how long most of us waited from order to VIN and/or delivery.

Best of luck!
Thank you! I've bookmarked the pages so I can follow along. We are expecting a big move around late Sep / Early November, so we're really hoping that things can be speedy. I actually wouldn't be able to accept a delivery before September, so I think we'll be ok in that regard 😅

Yes. Other customers picking up their cars. One does not simply walk into Tesla and drive off with a car. Who knows how many man-hours go into the preparation process for selling a car in your area. Then there's the steps that need to be performed to hand over the car. Trade-in. Paperwork. Customer inspection. Maybe you'll be able to reschedule for tomorrow, but don't be surprised if you cannot.
Was able to switch delivery to tomorrow. Also drove by lot and found my car. Build 5/12, Vin 254*** and has matrix lights

OD 5/20. EDD Sept 11 / Oct
I have a MYLR on order but after renting a MYLR the weekend I realized the M3LR would suit my needs better. Cant wait.

Tesla wont let you switch the order. Unfortunately you forfeit the $250. I havent cancel the MYLR order as I got it before the 4K increase so maybe its worth keeping. Eventually I will have to cancel one.
I know that. It’s just that your post raised brows.

Went ahead and ordered the Wall Charger. No EDD on that as I see. Did anyone here order one before? Would love to hear experiences.
You'll likely get that in less than a week. It's very different from the cars or most of the other accessories. Some of us got lucky and bought it was $495 and they gave us our money back when they lowered the price. In my case I made money because the local electric company pays for the charger and I submitted my rebate before getting my money back at the lower price. lol

You'll likely get that in less than a week. It's very different from the cars or most of the other accessories. Some of us got lucky and bought it was $495 and they gave us our money back when they lowered the price. In my case I made money because the local electric company pays for the charger and I submitted my rebate before getting my money back at the lower price. lol
Glad to hear. It was at $428 ($28 tax) for me. Just needed to get the charging worry away when the car comes so I can have space for financing.

All the best to everyone. It’s been a great few months pulling hair, complaining and sharing EDDs and data points trying to figure out and navigating when delivery day will arrive.

I’ve posted on another post and have been called out for trying to push or justify the type of lights on the car. Think it’s best I just stop posting. I hope I did add some value here to others while they wait.

Wish everyone all the best and hope you enjoy your new car! :) take care.

Hi,I guess this is my graduation post. Overall it was a nice experience, the people there were very pleasant and everything went quick. The car had the Matrix lights and Ryzen. So that’s nice. The car was not perfect though, small misalignments on the door the charge port and the frunk. Nothing major though, my wif if very good at finding these things, actually there was another couple there picking up the same exact car and asked my wife to look it over, they originally said it looked perfect, but she found problems. LOL.

Car is in the garage charging right now(It was delivered with 90%), but I am so excited. Here are some pics.
Good luck to everybody here still waiting it’s an awesome car.
No photo for me, but I picked up the day before you… same spec and was even in the same parking space #8 waiting for me!

Pickup went smoothly. The weather was iffy but thankfully rain held off until about 10 minutes after leaving when it became absolutely torrential.

6 miles on the car and 86% charge on delivery. Has matrix lights (I never asked beforehand as I wasn’t sure how accurate any response from Tesla would be). Michelin tires. Have not bothered checking the Ryzen processor as it seems it’s been months since AMD processer was last reported.

I did have a few minor panel flushness issues and the rear parcel / speaker shelf seems to bow up a little. I put in a service request and will be taking it in in a couple weeks. Will see how that goes as I’m sure they will make the “within spec” claim- I was pretty thorough in the inspection and a couple items are probably unnoticeable by other people but there are 3 that I am going to be very firm on.

Have put about 130 miles on and loving it so far. Driving home it very heavy rain it felt very planted and way more confidence inspiring than any other car I’ve owned. Handles great, instant torque is amazing, and ride seems very well balanced (I don’t like softly sprung cars). Tested out autopilot (the basic version) on drive out to Harriman State park today- seemed to work really well.

Good luck to all those still waiting!

Be prepared to adapt your driving style to Tesla's algorithm if you want to chase the highest scores - and the lowest rates. The fact that the algorithm can be on the mind of a driver is a bad thing. It's certainly on my mind when I drive because I want to get into the FSD Beta program, and I'm definitely driving less safely as a result of the algorithm.
How are you driving less safely? Tesla insurance isn’t available in my state yet but it’s something I plan to look into once it is.

All the best to everyone. It’s been a great few months pulling hair, complaining and sharing EDDs and data points trying to figure out and navigating when delivery day will arrive.

I’ve posted on another post and have been called out for trying to push or justify the type of lights on the car. Think it’s best I just stop posting. I hope I did add some value here to others while they wait.

Wish everyone all the best and hope you enjoy your new car! :) take care.
You might not see this but I went and read the posts you wrote and I do agree with you. I think the anger? over the matrix lights is just a little overblown. Right now I don't think they do anything different except spell TESLA on a wall. I think the potential is there but I don't think they're anywhere near ready for the prime time.