Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was able to switch delivery to tomorrow. Also drove by lot and found my car. Build 5/12, Vin 254*** and has matrix lights
Vehicle pickup was scheduled for today at 5pm and just missed a call from delivery center stating that crack was found on windshield, delivery will be delayed approx 2 weeks to have it replaced.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to cross the country. They need a tracker like the pizza restaurants have. lol
I had to at least suggest it to the SA. :)

Screenshot_20220531-135343_Messages.jpg

For giggles, I decided to call Tesla and see what kind of song and dance I was going to get by asking where my VIN is.

The person I spoke with (Jordan) was very nice, but not helpful. He kept repeating that my car was in the final stages of being made, but in the same breath would tell me that he can't tell when my car is being made. I was like, Huh??
So you're saying you don't know when cars are scheduled for production, but you know mine is in the final stages of being made?
He went on to say that all kinds of factors play into getting a VIN...yeah, nothing new.
He said it should be "soon" and that he knows it's "frustrating". He also acknowledged that I was probably told the same things the last time I called.
Finally, he said EDD's should be taken "with a grain of salt".
No Sh1t.

I texted mine at 7:30AM and they still haven't responded almost 7h later haha. Just to confirm this should be the same number that I got my "Welcome to the Tesla Family!" message from right?
I wasn't getting any response from mine either so then I just started sending messages constantly until somebody answered. An SA ended up giving me their personal cell number to text back and forth with. Communication has been better since, but mine definitely doesn't go above and beyond in his responses. I've inquired about possibly modifying my order with the hopes of getting a better delivery date, but have never had any acknowledgement or action on starting that process.

Picked up my car this morning! I’m at the halfway point of my 5.5 hour drive and currently charging so figured I’d chime in. No issues I could see on pickup. Michelin tires, mobile charger and I did have matrix lights, so the SA’s I talked to prior to pickup were right. I HATE long drives, but this has made it well worth it.

This thread has been crazy fun…. And I’ll probably stick around for a bit… at least until @T-J- gets his damn vin! (Maybe he got it? I don’t know… haven’t checked anything on here today lol)

So on March 19th I got into an accident on the way to work. Someone not paying attention ran a VERY solid red light and hit me straight on, almost making a perfect t-bone. I knew it would be considered totaled so I placed an order that night. This time I ordered a Blue M3LR with black interior, aero covers, and no FSD. Moving up from the M3SR+ that was delivered back in November. So now I’m waiting for the new one. Current EDD is June 2nd - July 7th. Here are some pics of my wrecked one just for attention =)
Got my vin today! And a 4 day delivery window. Have not yet setup an exact pickup date or time. Confirmed with SA that is has matrix headlights as well as the mobile connector.

What is the headlight issue I have been reading about here? I would be happy to report on what came with my car. Would need to know how to tell one from the other please...update, I posted a pic a few messages down and think these are matrix.

Last edited: