Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All of you are amazing and ridiculous! I can’t thank you enough for making this wait a little less stressful and a lot more entertaining.

As much as I want to graduate, I’ll still be here to help others keep the faith.
Hey, no problem. But, to be honest, you should keep it a secret when you get your car so we can continue this madness. LOL

Picked up my car this morning! I’m at the halfway point of my 5.5 hour drive and currently charging so figured I’d chime in. No issues I could see on pickup. Michelin tires, mobile charger and I did have matrix lights, so the SA’s I talked to prior to pickup were right. I HATE long drives, but this has made it well worth it.

This thread has been crazy fun…. And I’ll probably stick around for a bit… at least until @T-J- gets his damn vin! (Maybe he got it? I don’t know… haven’t checked anything on here today lol)
Ok… I’m finally home! Drove right from mt kisco to the shop where my PPF is getting done lol. I’ve waited 3 months for the car, so what’s another 2 days? So it won’t officially be home until Friday. BUT…. I did get to enjoy it for the 5+ hour drive home. I didn’t really get to mess around with the features a ton. Setup my bigger SD card for sentry. Put on a screen protector while it was charging at the half way point. All in all, it was a good drive home. Long, but good. First supercharger experience was easy. I did notice that the charging went stupid slow once it hit like 60-70%. What I thought should have taken 15 min to charge from 20%-90% took maybe 25-30 min? But I don’t plan on using supercharging much at all unless I’m in a pinch.

I did notice some interior strip piece that was hanging from the passenger side back window, so ended up making an appointment for that. The only gap issue i noticed was a slight narrow gap on the front driver side fender, compared to the passenger side that looked fine, but I don’t think it will bother me. For the hell of it, I added it to the SC appt. The Headlights kind of pop out a tiny bit on the edge where it meets the frunk, but both of them did the same thing and not sure if that’s normal or if they should be flush with the frunk? Also added that to the appt, mostly to put me at ease and not wonder.

Either way, that’s all I have to add for now. Like I said, I’ll prob stick around this thread for a while. To help with questions and the comic relief. Hoping the rest of you get yours cars soon. You’re all gonna love it!

We have had huge fires that have costs these companies big time. Also we are a very lawsuit happy state.

May I suggest using AAA. I've had them for over 20 years and have had nothing but good interactions with them. Even when I was in an at fault accident that totaled my car, I had a check for my car in my mailbox 3 days later and calling to report the accident and letting them know what happened was all I had to do. Also, they offer HUGE discounts for multiple policies like homeowners, renters, multiple cars, etc. I also live in a high fire area and have never had my rates increased nor threatened to be cancelled like I've heard so many other insurance companies have done to my neighbors.

Reactions: Hiline
May I suggest using AAA. I've had them for over 20 years and have had nothing but good interactions with them. Even when I was in an at fault accident that totaled my car, I had a check for my car in my mailbox 3 days later and calling to report the accident and letting them know what happened was all I had to do. Also, they offer HUGE discounts for multiple policies like homeowners, renters, multiple cars, etc. I also live in a high fire area and have never had my rates increased nor threatened to be cancelled like I've heard so many other insurance companies have done to my neighbors.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check them out. The only part they will not renew is umbrella. Seems odd that the car would impact this.

Reactions: MSM_M3LR
Today I received the meaningless yet suspenseful car trade-in text from my SA. It took me all of four seconds to respond that I did not plan to trade a car. I then sat looking at the screen for the next 4 minutes... three dots repeating... then nothing.

Beginning to suspect we are all part of some modern-day Milgram experiment. I'm picturing the Tesla staff in white lab coats, telling the SA's to "update with the new (randomly generated) EDD's". Seconds afterward, they are recording our responses...

Elon, this mouse could use a little cheese.

Last edited:
Unexpected consequence. My insurance company will not renew my umbrella policy because of this car...
I had an expected insurance problem today too. Geico quoted me $156 last month and today $254. I called and she couldn't explain why. I went to Experian and let them run multiple quotes and Nationwide came in at $109 but I need to talk to them tomorrow to upgrade some of the coverage amounts. Looks like it should be in the $120-130 range, which I'll be more than happy with.

My curiosity was getting the best of me, so I ran some quick numbers from the spreadsheet to see which were the most popular Exterior/Interior combinations..
MSM/Black 1007
White/Black 866
Blue/Black 660
Black/Black 428
Red/Black 389
White/White 380
Blue/White 221
MSM/White 176
Red/White 154
Black/White 84
MSM just seems to be the favorite (though it looks like white is leading for both interior colors). I'm one of the 1,007 who has MSM/Black. It would probably look nice with white interior as well, but I am concerned about staining for the most part.

I graduated from this group today, 105 days but worth the wait !

I did have minor issues, my headlights were not flush and my back quarter panel near the window needs to be adjusted but it is just a rubber gasket. Appointments have already been set.

The most important part - when I got home I plugged in my car to charge and the mobile connector did not work with the 14- 50 plug, I then attempted the 110 to rule out anything and that did not work. I drove back to the dealership and it turned out to be a bad mobile connector, Tesla gave me a brand new one and when I took it home everything lit up just fine. Was very stressful for a period of time at the car with charge port issues coming to South Florida did not work properly.

For you guys getting your car soon, it is totally worth it. I think I used the brake a total of three times today and one pedal driving is awesome. The car really moves, at one point to get onto the turnpike I had to hit the accelerator and before I knew it I was going 90 miles an hour.

My only outstanding issue right now is that at home on a 60 amp breaker I am only pulling 32 amps but I think that is the max the mobile connector can do. I did not know that going in, if that is accurate I may wind up buying the corded to get up to 40 A. Best of luck everybody and thank you for all of the very helpful information while I was here.

Last edited:
My curiosity was getting the best of me, so I ran some quick numbers from the spreadsheet to see which were the most popular Exterior/Interior combinations..
MSM/Black 1007
White/Black 866
Blue/Black 660
Black/Black 428
Red/Black 389
White/White 380
Blue/White 221
MSM/White 176
Red/White 154
Black/White 84
Funny how white/black is the second most popular combination while black/white is the least.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
I graduated from this group today, 105 days but worth the wait !

I did have minor issues, my headlights were not flush and my back quarter panel near the window needs to be adjusted but it is just a rubber gasket. Appointments have already been set.

The most important part - when I got home I plugged in my car to charge and the mobile connector did not work with the 14- 50 plug, I then attempted the 110 to rule out anything and that did not work. I drove back to the dealership and it turned out to be a bad mobile connector, Tesla gave me a brand new one and when I took it home everything lit up just fine. Was very stressful for a period of time at the car with charge port issues coming to South Florida did not work properly.

For you guys getting your car soon, it is totally worth it. I think I used the brake a total of three times today and one pedal driving is awesome. The car really moves, at one point to get onto the turnpike I had to hit the accelerator and before I knew it I was going 90 miles an hour.

My only outstanding issue right now is that at home on a 60 amp breaker I am only pulling 32 amps but I think that is the max the mobile connector can do. I did not know that going in, if that is accurate I may wind up buying the corded to get up to 40 A. Best of luck everybody and thank you for all of the very helpful information while I was here.
Your right. If you had the wired connector, it will do 40 amps. Glad to see another graduate. I’m still hoping my car will arrive at the SC soon 🤞.

Reactions: Mod3HV