Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Had a quick question .... if i get a text from tesla regarding a trade in even though when i initially ordered i never selected that option does that mean i should be getting my VIN soon?

OOD - March 18th Blue LR, Black Interior, 19 Inch Wheels, No FSD
EDD 1 - July
EDD 2 - June 4th - July 16th
EDD 3 - May 2nd - June 6th
EDD 3 - June 6th - July 11th
EDD 4 - June 8th - July 6th
EDD 5 - June 12th - June 26th

Reactions: jpaychek
Hi everyone! Had a quick question .... if i get a text from tesla regarding a trade in even though when i initially ordered i never selected that option does that mean i should be getting my VIN soon?

EDD 1 - July

Not necessarily. Many got that trade in text shortly after their OD...however lately ive seen many get the text months after their OD with a vin soon to follow. That being said, I got that trade in text, then 10 days later got my vin. Maybe just coincidence? But I don't think they are linked to one another per say, but with your OD being what it is... wouldn't surprise me if you get a vin within 7-10 days.

Ok, now that I've calmed down a bit....
Woke up this morning to no change to my EDD. About an hour later I checked again, and I noticed the button on the app had changed to "Continue". I was thinking it was odd, as there wasn't a VIN listed in the top left corner.
I clicked the button and I saw that it wanted my insurance information and payment. I woke my wife up and said "I think I got my VIN". I then noticed that my EDD had also changed to June 5-8. I still wasn't totally convinced this was happening, so I logged into my Tesla account on my computer.
And that's where I saw that beautiful VIN for the first time.
Love at first sight.
Since then I've had time to upload my insurance and submit payment info. I'm waiting to hear from an SA regarding delivery. If it's leaving Fremont today, it takes 2 days to arrive, so the EDD sounds about right. Of course, I want it NOW, but I can wait a few more days.
Thanks for all of your support these past 100 days.
I'm sticking around to keep the hope alive for all of the others that are furiously checking their apps for a VIN (even though they ordered last week!).
Congrats on the VIN! Your a celebrity on this forum and I’m glad Elon is finally working with you. You’ve set so many records 😜. Now I hope your delivery pickup date is smooth. 👍

Reactions: CEEV and T-J-
Not necessarily. Many got that trade in text shortly after their OD...however lately ive seen many get the text months after their OD with a vin soon to follow. That being said, I got that trade in text, then 10 days later got my vin. Maybe just coincidence? But I don't think they are linked to one another per say, but with your OD being what it is... wouldn't surprise me if you get a vin within 7-10 days.
Thank you so much for that info! Since this is the end of the quarter i would think i would get it this month as they are pushing out as many deliveries as they can. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: SkunkApe

EDD 1 - July

I think you're close. My order date was March 9th. I got the trade in text May 16th and then the delivery booking text May 23rd. I found the VIN through the source code on May 26th. VIN posted to the app on the 28th. Hang in there!

Reactions: jpaychek
They scheduled delivery time to pick it up now without any notification such as call or text. I just checked it on the app.
Now, Im going to pick it up now.
Hope to get it today!!!

Attachments

• 3CC55C2D-E084-4B1C-A031-7EEE30FFB7F1.jpeg
    3CC55C2D-E084-4B1C-A031-7EEE30FFB7F1.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 89
Question for those of you that have scheduled or already taken delivery. I assume we all receive the text that says, "Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment."? That appeared to be automated but maybe I'm wrong. My question is did you actually schedule your pick-up within a week? That seems a little fast for those of us on the east coast when you consider the car has a long trip.
For me, I've gotten a text (asking for a good time to call) and then a phone call from my SA. I had originally scheduled my delivery for 6/4 but the car has been delayed by a few days and now scheduled for 6/6. After the phone call the delivery date appeared in the app and I got a phone call.