Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI if the cop really wants to be a hard*** they can give up to a 150$ fine PER window
True... also, if they want to be a hard ass, they will ticket for tint in general lol (there are more important things to worry about this day and age besides tint, but that's just my opinion). The way I see it, I had tint for years on other cars with no issue ever. As long as I drive normal (and don't cross pass with a hardo cop) i'm hoping i'll be ok for a while.

Reactions: jpaychek
30% sunlight must pass through the window, meaning in NYS 70% is the darkest tint you can go with legally, which is basically nothing lol.

as for inspections, yes, most won't pass if any tint on the car. This day it's really knowing someone who will pass it.
It's the other way around.

"The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light.
Seventy percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window."

There is probably a way to get a medical exception.
There is a list of medical exemptions on that page I linked.

It's the other way around.

"The windshield and front side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light.
Seventy percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window."

There is a list of medical exemptions on that page I linked.

Sorry, worded it wrong, but the tint max should be correct. As long as i've known it's always been 70% tint is the legal limit. Unless that randomly changed recently.

1654689538522.png

Reactions: jpaychek
True... also, if they want to be a hard ass, they will ticket for tint in general lol (there are more important things to worry about this day and age besides tint, but that's just my opinion). The way I see it, I had tint for years on other cars with no issue ever. As long as I drive normal (and don't cross pass with a hardo cop) i'm hoping i'll be ok for a while.
I see your point and yeah I used to have no issues.... until I did lol. Personally I don't want to drive a car that I know can be pulled over at any time

Also long island sucks because even a warning carries a 20$ administration fee. Ask me how I know lol

I see your point and yeah I used to have no issues.... until I did lol. Personally I don't want to drive a car that I know can be pulled over at any time

Also long island sucks because even a warning carries a 20$ administration fee. Ask me how I know lol
I will say though... I never had issues with 35% lol... so now im contemplating on just sticking with that again and not going darker. AT least with 35% it still looks great, while you can still see inside the car.

Any California peeps want to share time from Vin received to delivery? Running all the scenarios in my head…

To explain further as soon as I got my Vin I messaged my SA who set me up with a Friday 5pm appointment to pick up. He hasn’t answered my questions if that was him being proactive or if it truly will be Friday 5pm. Got my Vin yesterday just before 2pm.
In general if there are any changes or delays your SA will let you know.
If you don't hear anything 24 hours prior to your delivery appointment, assume that you need to be there.
However from what I've read on this thread your SA should at least inform you once the vehicle is at the service center or has passed final inspection.

Sorry, worded it wrong, but the tint max should be correct. As long as i've known it's always been 70% tint is the legal limit. Unless that randomly changed recently.

View attachment 814098
Revisit the web site that provided that infographic. It too is clear that 70% of light must pass through the tint. The infographic is badly done because anyone interested in tinting is wondering how much tint they can put on a window, not how much light has to pass through it. The most recent law went into effect on January 1, 2017.

Revisit the web site that provided that infographic. It too is clear that 70% of light must pass through the tint. The infographic is badly done because anyone interested in tinting is wondering how much tint they can put on a window, not how much light has to pass through it. The most recent law went into effect on January 1, 2017.
So to confirm it means the tint was be 70% or higher. Not 30% ?

the 70% tint law has been around for ever... i believe in 2017 they passed the last that NOW in order to get an inspection, you must have legal limit if tint is installed. Prior to 2017, the limit was still 70% however you could get an inspection without issue if any tint was on the car.

Gotta love NYS.

I will say though... I never had issues with 35% lol... so now im contemplating on just sticking with that again and not going darker. AT least with 35% it still looks great, while you can still see inside the car.
I think 35% transparency is a perfect balance.
I’ve used it on all my cars and now Utah has made 35% the legal limit, so no more tickets here 😀

Mohammadm said:
I did window tinting today for $400.
35% and it's amazing.
I have my appointment tomorrow! I was a toss up between 35% and 20% but I think I’ve settled on 20 after seeing comparisons. I had 35 before, and it def looked great, but part of me felt like going just a little darker this time lol
I did 35% in the front and 15% in the back. If there were no tint laws i'd definetly do 20% in the front or darker, (50% is legal in ohio, so im already pushing it at 35%). See my profile picture for the comparison.

Question may not be for this group but i'll ask anyways.
After my first car wash a few weeks ago in the car I had grease all along the bottom/middle of the passenger side (full length of the car). I still don't know where it came from, I had to scrub it off because the drivethru car wash didnt even touch it.
Since then ive noticed smaller amounts of it but still plenty to be annoyed at.

I asked my friend who owns a 2020 model Y if he has ever had grease randomly on the side of his car, he proceeded to take me directly to his passenger side and showed me the grease that he still gets all the time....

Question is, have any of you that have received your car noticed this same grease on the passenger side of your car around the front and rear wheels and along the bottom halves of the doors?

Any educated guesses to where the grease may be coming from? (I ruled out the car wash that we both go to by taking the wifes equinox through multiple times).

• Informative
Reactions: Maric