Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OH MY GOD! You guys something CRAZY just happened..i just got a text message telling me my vin has been assigned and EDD is now June 21st to June 25th! I ordered my Model 3 LR on MAY 14th!!! this is insane!!!!
Careful blasting that out. Ohio appears to have the best delivery times and people in this group hate that. The Ohio waiting room thread is a better place to announce that because most of us in there had a 30 day or less wait time.

I just got off the phone with a SA, they said I could pick up this afternoon, but i'm still waiting for the final check from my CU. Right now they moved my delivery for tomorrow afternoon. I see Tesla moves lighting fast for Cali orders. Hopefully for the pending early and mid March orders on the West Coast awaiting a VIN will have the same results in the next few days.

Careful blasting that out. Ohio appears to have the best delivery times and people in this group hate that. The Ohio waiting room thread is a better place to announce that because most of us in there had a 30 day or less wait time.
Why does Ohio have the best delivery times? I'm going to be out of town on vacation so i might lose the car anyway... which sucks but oh well ... i ordered a Kia too and it's been over 5-6 months with no update.

I figured although seeing 65 miles on the car you still took the delivery? Any issues with the car so far?
I only inspected the car from the outside so I never saw it turned on until I owned it. Even if I'd seen the mileage I'm sure I would have accepted it.

There have been no operational issues. Everything works fine. Something apparently happened to the roof, though. There was a thumb-sized dent in a roof metal piece, one glass roof panel was slightly misaligned vertically, and there was tape still stuck to the interior of the rear glass roof panel. I wonder if a roof panel shattered due to some kind of delivery screwup (e.g. highway incident) and they had to replace it at a local shop, with the local shop not being all that careful about cleaning up afterwards. The car was built in March and I took delivery in March, but it did come to the DC area via New Jersey which may or may not be significant. New Jersey isn't on the way between Chicago and DC.

In the end it doesn't matter. It's mine. It's beautiful. And it definitely has more than 65 miles on it now.

It's not hate. It more disorientation. Akron is the top priority of Tesla's efforts? It's just not something you expect.

Looking at the order spreadsheet across all entries (I didn't select for recent), some order-to-delivery times are

Ohio, 45 days
New Jersey, 50 days
Illinois, 51 days (the rail terminal)
Virginia, 63 days
Pennsylvania, 67 days
New York, 70 days

Ohio is indeed the chosen one.

Hey all, new here! My OD was 3/9 and I had recently been assigned a VIN and given a June 19 delivery date. I am able to get a $4k rebate on the car from July 1 onwards so I released the vin, and put delivery on hold. I then tapped "Im ready" hoping for delivery early July. My account is now showing a June 20-24 EDD which is what my original estimate was. Did I mess this up or have they just not updated the estimates?

Well you kind of helped confirm I need to wait until the last week of June to hit the "I'm ready" button. I am in the same boat and released my VIN last week.

EDIT: Guess i should have helped answer your question as well. Others have reported doing what you did and actually getting the same VIN assigned because they didn't wait long enough for it to be assigned to someone else.

Ambiguous answers from “T”

Thank you for calling in to Tesla this morning to inquire about your vehicle.
As promised, I would look into the Matrix lights for you.
Upon discovery, they are premium lights and not specified as Matrix.
Best,
That would indicate that they are the projector lamps, not matrix. Matrix lights are listed as global, projector lamps are listed as premium.

Just had my EDD change from Aug 21-Oct 2 to June 11-June 15 ?? I still don't have a VIN in the app and the app asked me to allow bluetooth to for connecting car key. At the moment I'm thinking its just the AI doing its thing, or did someone in Vancouver area reject a white on white M3LR recently?
Go to the tesla website and login and check in the source code to see if you have a VIN.

Just had my EDD change from Aug 21-Oct 2 to June 11-June 15 ?? I still don't have a VIN in the app and the app asked me to allow bluetooth to for connecting car key. At the moment I'm thinking its just the AI doing its thing, or did someone in Vancouver area reject a white on white M3LR recently?
Try logging on to the website instead of the app. When i received my VIN it wasn't on the app, but rather on the actual Tesla website account.