Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still holding with my 2 week window: 6/20 - 7/4/22. I originally ordered on 3/13. Mt Kisco is my pickup location, but being in WNY over 6 hours from them, I may end up doing Carrier Direct. I am looking into flying down to JFK, taking a train to Grand Central and then Metro-North to Mt Kisco (2+ hr train ride), but I'm concerned if there are issues with the car and Tesla needs to move my delivery date to something later, I will have to re-book a flight. Are the chances of issues and moving my delivery date out pretty low?

The one thing I don't like with Carrier Direct is paying in full and if there are issues with the car, I can't reject the vehicle since I already own it.

Figured I'd pop back in here. I ordered my car March 15 and was lucky to get one that someone canceled while it was enroute to Indianapolis. Unfortunately I have made every excuse to leave home and go for random drives, and the result is 2940mi in 30 days of ownership. No complaints about the car. Here's a tip I haven't seen anywhere. The default "cabin overheat protection" option will turn your ac on anytime the interior temp reaches something like 105f. This was KILLING my battery and i couldn't believe how it was losing 12-18% while sitting idle in my work parking lot. Turned that off & opted for scheduling a departure time from my work address. Car is frosty cold when I get in and battery is about where I left it. Also- constantly getting on the app wakes the car up and can kill the battery. You'll be tempted to check the live cameras every 8 minutes, but just refrain. Also if you work in a safe/ secure area, consider not enabling sentry mode. It's also a battery drainer.

Stay strong folks, the wait is excruciating but when you drive off in your new car this whole period of angst melts away & you'll never even think of it again. It's easier said than done, but try taking a break from refreshing the app every 15 minutes checking for a VIN/EDD & getting on here trying to read between the lines to figure out when you'll get your car. Nothing will speed it up. Shop for accessories and plan a couple of weekend trips you'll take when you have your new ride.

Good luck!
This is amazing! Thank you for coming back to share with us!

Does anyone have an idea of how long the trade-in valuation process takes? I submitted the information on my order Monday afternoon, but it's still showing that details are being reviewed

M3LR, Black, Black, Aero, no FSD, East Coast
OD: 4/2
EDD 1:
Jun-Jul
EDD 2 4/30: 06/10-07/15
EDD 3 5/16: 06/18-07/16
EDD 4 5/29: 06/23-07/07
EDD 5 6/7: 06/24-07/08
I heard back within 2 days (twice).

I’m sorry for the rant but I’m getting annoyed that people with orders after my OD are getting vins especially the east coast when they are trying to push for higher delivery to finish the quarter strong. I hope my additional days go away in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• 1654799383415.gif
    1654799383415.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 155
I’m sorry for the rant but I’m getting annoyed that people with orders after my OD are getting vins especially the east coast when they are trying to push for higher delivery to finish the quarter strong. I hope my additional days go away in the next couple of days.
I feel your pain. I will tell you that your OD is a month after mine, and I finally took delivery a few days ago.

It seems they do this every quarter. During the second month they push the East Coast up to a certain point (in this case getting close to April OD orders), and then the third month they heavily push West Coast (in this case probably mid to late March if not into April). I'm at 3/6 OD and today is the first day of my 2 week window. No sign of a vin, so i'm either assuming i'll get it later today or tomorrow or tomorrow morning i'll get pushed out further into June.

My
Both of our order is almost identical even the current Edd. All we can do is hang tight..we will get there. I am guessing around 2nd week of July We might get a brighter result.

Added and not sure. I live in Casa Grande.
You should have picked a location when you ordered.
I picked Glendale, which is 15 mins from me, and they wanted to do home delivery. I went to the SC and told them I wanted to pick it up there, in case there were any issues, and they switched it without any issues.
Hopefully you'll get your car before the end of the year!

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394