Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All right I scheduled home delivery for Monday. Three questions:

1. How do you know where your delivery center that has your car is? If mine is close, I may go lurking around for my car over the weekend :)
2. How do you access the car if you haven’t made the final payment? Does the car stay locked until you’ve made the payment in the app?
3. Where does the driver put the key cards?

All right I scheduled home delivery for Monday. Three questions:

1. How do you know where your delivery center that has your car is? If mine is close, I may go lurking around for my car over the weekend :)
2. How do you access the car if you haven’t made the final payment? Does the car stay locked until you’ve made the payment in the app?
3. Where does the driver put the key cards?
1) it's in the app see the page prior
2) no I don't think you can
3) in your wallet?...

Woke up to a fresh push, 4th 2-week window 06/16-30. I seem to recall some posts from last quarter that looked like the VIN-to-delivery for Seattle was pretty short, have been halfway expecting end of June delivery. SoCal folks are even closer to Fremont, not sure why it’s looks like the VIN wave has hit them already?
Your OD was 8 days after mine, and your current 2-week window is exactly 8 days after my latest one. I'd say you're right on track!

Reactions: CEEV
stopped into my local tesla SC to test drive the M3LR one last time to solidify if it will be big enough for the family. The SA I was talking to said because i changed my M3RWD order to LR i started all over, and may not receive it till next year in 2023, is that true? Sounds like BS

Aaahhh I see.

For 3, I meant the Tesla person who drives the car to your place then leaves. Want to know how to take possession of the key cards :)
In the car.
One of the reasons I didn’t want home delivery is because you can’t open the car unless you accept delivery. That’s why I had them change it to my SC and I did everything there.

stopped into my local tesla SC to test drive the M3LR one last time to solidify if it will be big enough for the family. The SA I was talking to said because i changed my M3RWD order to LR i started all over, and may not receive it till next year in 2023, is that true? Sounds like BS
Seems unlikely based on other's experience here, how did you go about changing your order? EDD updated yet?

Looks like you, myself and @SailDrive of the SEA crew are seeing EDD push up to/crossing the end of the month. Curious about @Guy Maughan / @Pryze/ @QueenSundodger? I think I've followed all the folks with similar ODs.
Today is Day 1 of my EDD so no push yet. But with you guys getting the bump in delivery I’m now expecting a bump as well. Hoping for just a week bump like @E90alex. Still optimistic and positive! 😅 Just want the car now. This wait is brutal 😂

i used the edit link i found here, although i didn't order very long ago my Edd was pushed up few months because of the switch so I am going by the EDD instead what the SA said. took it with a grain of salt..
The wait feels long for us who ordered after the invasion of Ukraine, hard to imagine an even longer queue you're looking at. Condolences. That being said, the 11 day difference between your SR order and LR change is probably going to be lost in the noise of delivery logistics. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Today is Day 1 of my EDD so no push yet. But with you guys getting the bump in delivery I’m now expecting a bump as well. Hoping for just a week bump like @E90alex. Still optimistic and positive! 😅 Just want the car now. This wait is brutal 😂
Ah, right, your EDD window starts today, so any VIN/Change will be tomorrow probably. End of the quarter is still fine for me!

hit continue and a scroll thing will show up under the continue button... its whoever's driver license you uploaded to them
Yeah, nada. That only leads me to the delivery tasks, where the only thing open is to upload my insurance. I'm on the website under Registrant. Nothing anywhere about the location. Even searched the source code. Maybe I put in for home delivery? At this point it's not a big deal, just more curious than anything.