Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome, to the waiting game. Right now it does appear like we are getting lots of EDD updates and VINS in SoCal. I ordered a week before you and my two week window is not for another couple of weeks. We have almost the same configuration; yours has upgraded 19" wheels. MY EDD was pushed back one day yesterday and is currently June 26 - July 10. I am hoping it gets pushed up or sticks. You never know with Tesla. :) I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am tryng to get my financing locked (again), so that I am ready to go when they call.😀
We have the same config but I ordered 3 days before you, hoping these SoCal two week windows stick and I see some movement on a VIN next week

Reactions: CEEV and Acocpuff
I don't believe you will see it after you order until you're setting up your delivery. You can speak to your SA about it or even change the location.
Gotcha, thanks. I'm not too concerned since there is one about 10 miles away from me, that was the one when I ordered and I assume still the same one. Was more just out of curiosity. Hoping to get that delivery set-up text any moment now!

Yesterday was the first day of the EDD window without a VIN assignment, so based on what I'd read here I was expecting either a VIN or slight push out in the EDD window. Indeed, the EDD slipped from 6/10-6/24 to 7/4-8/1 :(. So much for being on the West Coast and having a fast-shipping benefit. Anyone else in the Seattle area see a similar big delay?

M3LR | MSM | Black | Aero | No FSD | Cash | San Juan County, WA
OD: 03/14/2022
EDD1: 6/7-7/12, EDD2: 6/5-7/3, EDD3: 6/9-6/23, EDD4: 6/10-6/24: EDD5: 7/4-8/1
As expected since no VIN yesterday, got pushed back today. Not quite as far as yours. 6/18-7/2.

Gotcha, thanks. I'm not too concerned since there is one about 10 miles away from me, that was the one when I ordered and I assume still the same one. Was more just out of curiosity. Hoping to get that delivery set-up text any moment now!
I have to agree with some others here that the wait from getting the delivery date to actually taking delivery is worse than the months you've already waited. 😁 But it is nice to get away from checking the app every other minute.

On the app under primary registrant click view and it will show you
Maybe I'm a dummy or something but I do not seem to have a Primary Registrant anywhere. If I click through to continue I only have the option to upload insurance right now.

IMG_2BAED6498F7F-1.jpeg

I'd like to know where to see the delivery location as well. I remember seeing it at one point (maybe during the order process?), but can't find it anywhere now.
Yeah it would've been visible as you ordered the car. The other place it may be is on the MVPA accessible in the agreements section of the delivery tasks on the APP and in your account on the website. At least for me, the sellers address on there matches the delivery center I know I picked.

So I finally got someone on the phone at Telsa today, Only took 3 minutes wait time this time (was on hold for 1 hour 15 before I hung up yesterday).

They said to just put the financing as Affinity Credit Union for now and if I don't get approved or whatever we can even do financing via them on the delivery day, although it might delay delivery an hour or two, but that should be fine.

My question now is, now that I have done that this morning my dates haven't changed from 21-25, I thought I would get a three day window and some times to pick from. Does that take a bit to process or should that have changed by now?

I asked the SA about putting it on hold and he told me it wasn’t an option for me due to my OD and EDD. I’m going to see with the delivery location about working with me to delay, but if not I’ll be taking the car. I didn’t know about the rebate when I ordered so to me it’s a nice to have. It’s time to upgrade from my 13 year old Dodge Ram, especially with a daily 130 mile round trip commute.
Something seems off here. It sounds like you have a bad SA who just wants to hit his/her end of quarter numbers. I rejected my car 3 days before my scheduled delivery and had no pushback.

I agree tho, i ordered before I knew of the rebate and would have accepted the car if it had the new headlights. So I understand wanting to accept this one knowing it’s built with the latest content.

Reactions: Mr. Nuke