Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, the earliest I could get was the 24th now. Crazy as car shipped on June 1st.
i know. but what’s a few more days after waiting 3+ months i guess. i’m betting they’re all just sitting in birmingham waiting for trucks to move them here. probably have been for days now. we moved to atlanta from seattle late last year and getting our cars shipped down here was a nightmare because of the shortage of drivers or whatever else logistical things going on right now.

Had a little sticker shock getting an insurance quote today. I'm in the Philly area, so I expect it to be expensive, but this was surprising. I'm in my 40s, clean driving record, Allstate, who we do home and auto with wants 160 a month. I went over to USAA real quick just to get a comparison....103 a month. All the coverages are the same or similar. I expected it to be higher, but this would almost double our monthly car insurance payment if we go with Allstate, even after eliminating my current car. I switched from USAA a few years ago because their rates started to get higher, but I might be going back for at least the Tesla.
I switched to nationwide from Allstate, check them out. Thousands difference for the year, and a lot more coverage with nationwide.

Reactions: arichard2401
I switched to nationwide from Allstate, check them out. Thousands difference for the year, and a lot more coverage with nationwide.
Similar situation in Delaware here. I switched to Nationwide from State Farm and saved ~300/yr. on two vehicles and home. Since we don't drive many miles/yr, they have a smart miles program which monitors/charges you for miles driven. Similar to Tesla insurance, but not as intrusive. They don't offer this program for Teslas, however, as you can't plug in a third party data device to a data port like you can in ICE vehicles.

Reactions: vegetaban
Good call. Just got a quote from them and once I changed the deductibles and other options to match USAA, it came in right about the same. Good option for those who don't qualify for USAA or similar. With higher deductibles it's even cheaper, so might have to consider it as a top contender.

Someone pinch me!! It’s happening!!!!!

1655154723761.png

Just got a call about delivery and I got a delay of five days. She said there was an issue during transit. I was supposed to be picking up on Thursday 6/16 and now it's Tuesday 6/21. I didn't handle the call very well. I haven't complained about my wait but that hit me the wrong way. Three months in a family member's car hasn't been fun. Oh well just a week to go.

One note on the final payment. My bank issued the check for the full amount and included the $250 deposit. I asked the SA about that and she said it wasn't an issue at all and that it's extremely common. The $250 will be refunded to the bank in 30-60 days.

This is really bad. I don't know why Tesla can't use a simple FIFO queuing system. That will make the EDD much more predictable. I had factory ordered a BMW and Lexus before, in both case, you can track when your allocation will go in production. I don't understand why Tesla can't make it simpler.
That's unlikely. BMW and Lexus has tons of options, e.g. the interior color, exterior color, both can have tens of choices. The logistic problem for Tesla should be much less.
its likely elon just doesnt care for this... lol
There was a similar discussion in Q4 2021 - it didn't help Tesla's logistics when everyone started putting their orders on hold until Jan. 1 2022
in lieu of a possible BBB bill passing.
I wouldn't be surprised if people in Illinois putting their orders on hold for that EV rebate have caused a ripple effect to other orders.
In Seattle, there's a bunch of new cars sitting on what appears to be some sort of staging lot in SODO. I wonder if any of these may end up being vehicles for any of us Seattleites on this forum.

There's probably around 50 of them. I was unable to get on site to peek at any of the VINs, nor get close enough to tell about the version of headlights they have (sorry for the poor photos).
That billboard is the cherry on top *chef kiss*

It's really disheartening seeing people with OD well after me taking delivery already, but it seems like the inventory in Austin are just not as steady as everywhere else. I am messaging my SA to see if I can flex Houston and San Antonio since I'd be willing to drive to get it from those locations as well. (Even though I live 10mins away from Austin SC)
Wow, your only two days after me and your EDDs are crazy compared to me picking up tomorrow. I hope you get in July like your last one.

Good call. Just got a quote from them and once I changed the deductibles and other options to match USAA, it came in right about the same. Good option for those who don't qualify for USAA or similar. With higher deductibles it's even cheaper, so might have to consider it as a top contender.
Glad to help. I was blown away by what Allstate quoted me.

Reactions: arichard2401
VEry highly recommend Credit Union 1 , they were so awesome and quick . You can apply for Auto Loan directly w/o membership . I worked with Shanee Sanders , she was very good and responded very quickly . Got my loan approved in no time . Great rate ofcourse , got 60 months 1.99
Thanks for the tip. I was going to pay cash but at the 1.99 I'd rather keep the $$$. I applied last night, got approved today and picking up my M3LR on Wed. BTW, the rate went up today .25 but since I applied yesterday they honored the 1.99 60-months.

Reactions: anilkuj and Hiline
In Seattle, there's a bunch of new cars sitting on what appears to be some sort of staging lot in SODO. I wonder if any of these may end up being vehicles for any of us Seattleites on this forum.

There's probably around 50 of them. I was unable to get on site to peek at any of the VINs, nor get close enough to tell about the version of headlights they have (sorry for the poor photos).
Love all the PWM and MSM in there! Supposedly one of those is mine, had to bump delivery out to 06/17 due to work stuff.

So I scheduled my delivery date this past Saturday for Wednesday pick up. I just received a text stating "Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your model 3 arrives earlier or later than we currently expect." I sent a text back to ask when it was expected, but waiting to hear back. Did anyone have this happen? Why would he schedule it if they don't where the car is? Anyone have this happen?
Hey, I can't believe you got your car so quickly! Congrats-That's awesome. I think they're giving you a heads up for some flexibility on delivery date.

Just got a call about delivery and I got a delay of five days. She said there was an issue during transit. I was supposed to be picking up on Thursday 6/16 and now it's Tuesday 6/21. I didn't handle the call very well. I haven't complained about my wait but that hit me the wrong way. Three months in a family member's car hasn't been fun. Oh well just a week to go.
"An issue"? It would be a wonderful world if people would just communicate the truth of a situation. Was the shipment attacked by zombies? Did one of the cars have a baby Model 1? Was the driver abducted by aliens? What exactly is "an issue"? I'd love to know what happened to my vehicle with its dent and a pretty-obviously-replaced glass roof panel. I don't think the factory leaves tape on the underside of the glass panels after installation.

Hang in there.