Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am on day 79 for my M3 and from the EDD I have currently I will get my car somewhere between 130-140 days from OD and I’m in socal so if I miss the quarter push most likely won’t get my car until end of July or August. 🤷‍♂️
Right there with you. Day 87 today 😩😫 I keep hoping that because I’m 1 ½ from Fremont I’ll get it sooner but isn’t looking like it tbh 😒 I got a call today from a Tesla advisor but I missed the call, his VM said “delivery is around the corner” I wonder if that’s standard lingo for them.

Been a busy day and just getting a chance to chime in. I got my loan all squared away today.

I highly highly recommend Affinity Credit Union. The loan department called me after hours after I emailed them that I was trying to get a hold of them for 45 minutes when calling in and just sitting at the hold music. I just assumed they left for the day, but nope, I got a call back from them at 5:15 to be told I was approved and to go over the details of the loan, mind you this is 15 minutes after they closed for the day. Awesome service in my book!

So I got approved for the 2.86% @ 84 months and put 5K down from my car sale that I am going to be doing this week. So my car payment is going to be less than anticipated :) The check will be cut and rush delivered to my house so I can take it with me on Saturday.

Now the long hard wait until Saturday for the pickup. This is going to be excruciating!

Received a text at 11am this morning notifying me that a VIN had been assigned (277XXX). At the same time, my EDD was changed to 6/14 to 6/18.

And just a few short hours later, I received another text to set up delivery. Currently scheduled for this Thursday morning. Someone said that once you get a VIN, the process moves quickly - they were right.

Been a busy day and just getting a chance to chime in. I got my loan all squared away today.

I highly highly recommend Affinity Credit Union. The loan department called me after hours after I emailed them that I was trying to get a hold of them for 45 minutes when calling in and just sitting at the hold music. I just assumed they left for the day, but nope, I got a call back from them at 5:15 to be told I was approved and to go over the details of the loan, mind you this is 15 minutes after they closed for the day. Awesome service in my book!

So I got approved for the 2.86% @ 84 months and put 5K down from my car sale that I am going to be doing this week. So my car payment is going to be less than anticipated :) The check will be cut and rush delivered to my house so I can take it with me on Saturday.

Now the long hard wait until Saturday for the pickup. This is going to be excruciating!
what are the membership requirements for Affinity ?

I am 5'11, pretty tall for a female. I will reach out now that I have the text and try to get a test drive. I am curious about the braking. I hear everyone talk about it takes getting use to. I drive bumper to bumper SoCal traffic and need to brake all the time. :)
Getting used to one-pedal driving takes about 15 minutes. Then you'll never want to go back, especially in SoCal traffic. You stop thinking about "braking", and instead your brain controls 'faster or slower', your foot moves a tiny amount and the car obeys. With a regular car, it's more like giving suggestions to a horse. With a one-pedal EV, your wish is its command.

Autopilot is zero pedal driving. Autopilot's natural habitat is literally SoCal traffic. That's where Elon evaluated it, on his commute from Bel Air to SpaceX in LA area.

Hey guys,

I am scheduled for delivery next week (June 25th!). I just started getting quotes for a Wall Connecter installation. I’m, a little concerned because the electrician’s first question was “Is this for a Tesla?” When I asked why that mattered he said it was because the connection is different :/ I’m obliviously not an expert but I feel like he is trying to charge more simply because he thinks I’m a Tesla owner (I didn’t say it was for a Tesla.) Does anyone else have any experience with this? Is the connection different for a Wall Connector different?

FYI: I specifically asked for a 60 amp breaker and EV charger installation with about 6in-1ft of wiring. Its going to literally be installed next to the breaker box on the external wall.

Hey guys,

I am scheduled for delivery next week (June 25th!). I just started getting quotes for a Wall Connecter installation. I’m, a little concerned because the electrician’s first question was “Is this for a Tesla?” When I asked why that mattered he said it was because the connection is different :/ I’m obliviously not an expert but I feel like he is trying to charge more simply because he thinks I’m a Tesla owner (I didn’t say it was for a Tesla.) Does anyone else have any experience with this? Is the connection different for a Wall Connector different?

FYI: I specifically asked for a 60 amp breaker and EV charger installation with about 6in-1ft of wiring. Its going to literally be installed next to the breaker box on the external wall.

usually this is the case...

Graduation Day, picked up an hour early in Devon. Matrix headlights, Michelin tires, no major issues. A little bowing on a interior thing on door, very minor. Got with 62% charge.

Absolutely love the car. Best car buying experience I have had. Instantly installed the upgraded floor mats and trunk mat.

Took a little figuring out to set up the wheel etc, but I got it all perfect. View attachment 816658
Damn it I'm so jealous. You didn't happen to see my red one there did you? ;)

Hey guys,

Man I hate to see people paying electricians for jobs like this. For as short of a run this is, if you have 0 experience you can still safely do this job yourself in under an hour or two.

The Tesla wall connector only requires 6-2 wire w/ground that could be the reason the guy is asking (which is cheaper than the typical 6-3 w/ground that people buy for nema outlets).

I would highly recommend you watch a few youtube videos on this as a DIY. If you have never done this kind of thing before simply shut off the main service breaker and stay away from the main wires that feed that panel (large super thick wires). After that its literally plug and play with a little guidance from youtube for the parts you are unfamiliar with.

Hey guys,

There's nothing different about a Tesla. What he could say was that Tesla wall connectors are (usually) hard wired rather than plugged in via a NEMA 14-50 plug. When I was going to get an ID.4 I had the NEMA 14-50 put in because that's what Electrify America chargers are installed via. That actually makes the Tesla charger easier to install in a way.

Installing the Wall charger right next to your breaker box with 6 feet of wiring is an extremely simple task, to the point where if it were me, I would do it myself. Of course you should get an electrician to do it, but you could do it yourself if you wanted to. Just need an afternoon, the right tools, the right wire, and some youtube videos.

You could also just have a NEMA 14-50 installed with the appropriate breaker and wire and use the mobile charger rather than pay for the wall charger, especially if it's just inside your garage.