Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the first guy welcome. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that EDD likely will not hold. I'm on the east coast late April and my EDD has essentially zeroed in on an August delivery. You will likely be looking at a September- October if you ordered in May. EDDs rarely move forward unless someone cancels and you get that car. As a whole though they don't really move. They are still working on March! orders to the east coast. I don't think anyone has gotten a VIN yet who ordered in April unless the car was a cancelation or in Ohio lol.

The wait time is really 3-3.5 months right now on average so add that to your order date to get an approximation. You can always upgrade to a P but on the north east I'd highly recommend against that
Thanks for the welcome! I have had in the back of my mind that the date is likely to move back. So far it has gone like this:

Order Date: 5/20
EDD (as of 5/27): Sep 9 - Oct 21
EDD (as of 6/10): Jul 6 - Aug 3

Sounds like the first EDD is much more likely. Hope we all get ours sooner than later though!

Just got a big pushback. Was in a 10 day window. Now at July 10 - August 7
2744E9F8-037F-49CE-B312-5854E7799947.jpeg

May I know how long did it take for the delivery appointment to appear after VIN is out? Mine is still showing a date range.
The same freaking day!! I got the VIN and a text to select delivery day and date last Friday. It also started my delivery pick-up window. I selected Tuesday pick-up but I wake up on Saturday to see it moved to Monday June 20th. Apparently, Tuesday was outside my pick-up window of 3 days. Not sure why I was given Tuesday as an option to choose.

With the long weekend coming, I had to move fast to find lower rates (TSLA quoted 3.74%). Banks don't open until Tuesday, so I'll get my check on Tuesday. As one can pick-up delivery within 24 hours, I can pick up on Tuesday. Overall, I am not happy with the experience. It is all rushed through with calls and texts to confirm, upload scans of checks etc.. Not to mention SA's attitude of "I know more/better than you..."

Love this forum and thanks to everyone who has taken time to contribute. Been super helpful in so many areas.
Question. If I pick up my M3 in Fremont, why am I paying an $1,125.00 destination fee? Has this been discussed? Apologies if so.
Destination fees for pretty much any car maker in the United States are based on "equalized delivery." What that means is essentially Tesla is looking at its overall costs to delivery every model 3 they produce within the United State and basically averaging it across all buyers. So that is why you are paying the same destination fee as everyone else.

Destination fees for pretty much any car maker in the United States are based on "equalized delivery." What that means is essentially Tesla is looking at its overall costs to delivery every model 3 they produce within the United State and basically averaging it across all buyers. So that is why you are paying the same destination fee as everyone else.
Thanks, Nuke. Makes sense for sure. Also why, anecdotally, this explains why so many California deliveries are at end of the quarter. They have a ton of financial upside and can deliver hundreds more cars and don't have to pay for transportation. Not "fair" to our East Coast, Mid-West, and Southern friends. Feel for you all. But I can see why they do this. Quarterly results really important for stock value and more importantly to executives, their bonus. (That's not fair either). I'm super psyched though as I have been moved way up from October to the end of June. Fingers crossed this holds up.
M3LR, Blue, 19-inch Sport Wheels. OD 5/9, EDD 1 8/12-9/23, EDD 2 8/30/10/23, EDD 3 8/19-10/1, EDD 4 6/26-7/10

Love this forum and thanks to everyone who has taken time to contribute. Been super helpful in so many areas.
Question. If I pick up my M3 in Fremont, why am I paying an $1,125.00 destination fee? Has this been discussed? Apologies if so.
Yep, I posted this question few weeks ago. The best answer I got was, "We in California subsidize delivery costs for folks on the East Coast. You are welcome!" :)

I've been waiting for months to do this - I'm posting from the car's browser during my pick-up! LOL

The car is amazing and the delivery has been smooth. As everyone says, it's definitely worth the wait. I'm excited to get on the road and see how it drives.

Thank you so much for all of the fun conversation and for helping me get through the wait. I've learned so much and I will definitely be sticking around to help the next group of buyers.

20220619_132303.jpg

The same freaking day!! I got the VIN and a text to select delivery day and date last Friday. It also started my delivery pick-up window. I selected Tuesday pick-up but I wake up on Saturday to see it moved to Monday June 20th. Apparently, Tuesday was outside my pick-up window of 3 days. Not sure why I was given Tuesday as an option to choose.

With the long weekend coming, I had to move fast to find lower rates (TSLA quoted 3.74%). Banks don't open until Tuesday, so I'll get my check on Tuesday. As one can pick-up delivery within 24 hours, I can pick up on Tuesday. Overall, I am not happy with the experience. It is all rushed through with calls and texts to confirm, upload scans of checks etc.. Not to mention SA's attitude of "I know more/better than you..."
They scheduled my delivery to next Tuesday. I also need to get the check from a credit union, so I am trying to postpone it to Wednesday.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
EDD got slightly push back. Now it’s Jun 22nd - Jul 2nd. Hopefully get the vin number later today 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Hello,
New to the forum and reading many posts about EDDs.
I'm also in PHX and ordered 3/20/22 M3LR, Silver, Aero wheels, no FSD...my delivery dates have been 6/9-7/25, 6/11-7/18, 7/18-8/29, and now has stayed at 7/2-8/6! Seems like I ordered 2 days before you and am projected later still. Bummer