Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation for me went very smoothly, after Tesla pushed the time back two hours. The car appeared flawless to me, though admittedly I did not bring a micrometer, water hose nor a magnifying glass with me to delivery. Matrix headlights, charger included. 2 miles on the odometer. Quick acceleration and fairly easy to figure out. The autopilot calibration took longer than others reported- mine was about 20 minutes. I was very pleased with my color choice which is good in my case, as I was experiencing some cognitive dissonance! MSM looks a lot better in person.

Thanks to all of you in helping make a long wait more enjoyable. Best of luck!

P.S. At the last minute, I decided to name him "Chip".

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 63
Graduation for me went very smoothly, after Tesla pushed the time back two hours. The car appeared flawless to me, though admittedly I did not bring a micrometer, water hose nor a magnifying glass with me to delivery. Matrix headlights, charger included. 2 miles on the odometer. Quick acceleration and fairly easy to figure out. The autopilot calibration took longer than others reported- mine was about 20 minutes. I was very pleased with my color choice which is good in my case, as I was experiencing some cognitive dissonance! MSM looks a lot better in person.

Thanks to all of you in helping make a long wait more enjoyable. Best of luck!

P.S. At the last minute, I decided to name him "Chip".
🥳🎉 Happy Graduation Day!! So happy all went well. MSM is an interesting color the way it changes. Good luck with Chip!!

Reactions: Spridle and IWRBR
Tesla is 80% vertically-integrated, meaning that they do pretty much everything. What they don't do is the stuff that is specialized enough that they'd have to start a new company to operate efficiently in that space. Electronics, displays and headlamps come to mind.
According to this source, 65% of a Tesla is made in the U.S./Canada. Not sure why they combine U.S. and Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I had no clue about the auto dimming feature on the Side mirrors. It does make night driving a little hard to see, I can’t imagine with tints. I was wondering is there a setting where I can lower the dimming feature on the mirrors.
You can’t adjust the level of dimming but I believe you can disable dimming in the settings.

This is another thing Tesla does poorly. In every other vehicle, the auto dimming is based on a light sensor on the interior rear view mirror. So the amount the mirrors dim adjusts linearly to the amount of light hitting the mirror. Tesla seems to use some other method to determine when to dim the mirrors and they seem to always just go to max. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: HeatherW22
Second day of driving this thing with a few observations, but I'll start by saying I absolutely love this car and am looking for every excuse to drive it. I'm at 62 miles an Autopilot hasn't calibrated it yet, but I think that's because I have been mostly driving it on back roads, and our freeways here suck (I have never seen so many faded road markings until I moved here).

That said, my biggest complaint is audio integration from a semi-audiophile perspective. It seems like Tesla took a divergent path from Apple Carplay and Android Auto and is now kind of left behind. The fact that only the glove box will do data from a USB device and there's no aux jack is pretty pathetic. Sure if you have a Tidal or Spotify subscription you're fine, but if you use anything else you're stuck with bluetooth (which is fine but not able to do high quality audio). Personally I use Sirius XM and Amazon Music and I'm kind of left out of the premium audio department unless I want to put my phone in the glove box every time I drive. Seems like an aux jack would have been a really simple and cheap way to satisfy everyone. Oh and Tidal is great but has no shuffle. WTF? Sound system is great though, like everyone says. Our local NPR music station, WXPN, sounds amazing in HD radio.

My wife was pretty intimidated driving the car for the first time. But after we got everything set up, she had no problem. She's not a terrible driver, but not really someone who would consider themselves a good driver. One pedal driving took a little bit of getting used to but it didn't take long at all. I think my biggest surprise is how non-intimidating this car is to drive while still being able to go so damned fast. With setting up another phone key, it seems weird that my wife would use my Tesla.com login on her phone, rather than set up her own. I guess there's a way to get Tesla to assign a VIN to two profiles, but it was very un-intuitive to just use my Tesla login to set up her phone key. It's not particularly clear in the manual that you're supposed to do that either.

It's worth the wait everyone, hang in there. Hope everyone's delivery experience goes as well as mine did.

Second day of driving this thing with a few observations, but I'll start by saying I absolutely love this car and am looking for every excuse to drive it. I'm at 62 miles an Autopilot hasn't calibrated it yet, but I think that's because I have been mostly driving it on back roads, and our freeways here suck (I have never seen so many faded road markings until I moved here).

That said, my biggest complaint is audio integration from a semi-audiophile perspective. It seems like Tesla took a divergent path from Apple Carplay and Android Auto and is now kind of left behind. The fact that only the glove box will do data from a USB device and there's no aux jack is pretty pathetic. Sure if you have a Tidal or Spotify subscription you're fine, but if you use anything else you're stuck with bluetooth (which is fine but not able to do high quality audio). Personally I use Sirius XM and Amazon Music and I'm kind of left out of the premium audio department unless I want to put my phone in the glove box every time I drive. Seems like an aux jack would have been a really simple and cheap way to satisfy everyone. Oh and Tidal is great but has no shuffle. WTF? Sound system is great though, like everyone says. Our local NPR music station, WXPN, sounds amazing in HD radio.

My wife was pretty intimidated driving the car for the first time. But after we got everything set up, she had no problem. She's not a terrible driver, but not really someone who would consider themselves a good driver. One pedal driving took a little bit of getting used to but it didn't take long at all. I think my biggest surprise is how non-intimidating this car is to drive while still being able to go so damned fast. With setting up another phone key, it seems weird that my wife would use my Tesla.com login on her phone, rather than set up her own. I guess there's a way to get Tesla to assign a VIN to two profiles, but it was very un-intuitive to just use my Tesla login to set up her phone key. It's not particularly clear in the manual that you're supposed to do that either.

It's worth the wait everyone, hang in there. Hope everyone's delivery experience goes as well as mine did.
She can make her own Tesla account and you can allow access to your car through your account.

But sharing the login works too and she would get access to all the features. I believe secondary users of the car with their own account don’t have as much access to the car with the app.

Quick question, so I do know with a regular gas powered car when it’s brand new you’re not supposed to floor it for the first probably 500 miles or so. I wanted to see if that’s the same case with electric cars like Tesla
That's because ICE cars need time for the oil to sink into the parts of the engine etc no need on an EV. As someone said the breaks might need a little breaking in but overall you can punch it right off the lot