Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow’s graduation day!!
Hoping for graduation day tomorrow as well. Picking up in Scottsdale. Called in to finalize down payment and SA said that the delivery team may call to reschedule for Thursday because my car may not arrive in time. Never got a call or text. Still a go for tomorrow, I hope.

So I ordered 3/18. Picked up today June 20th in Mississippi. Had a great delivery experience. The showed me the car inside and outside completely without even asking before signing any paperwork or asking to accep delivery on app. Good customer service on the whole.

Trade in price sightly below KBB but overall no issues with trade-in either.

My family had a great time driving to pick it up and then we made a day of it, doing things in Jackson, MS.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the car. Oh and it came with the mobile charger. I'm not sure how to check for matrix lights. It's a 264xxx

Overall very happy.

Question on people who already took delivery ..do they come with the 14-50 adapter? Or any adapter? Or is just the mobile charger
Tesla's haven't come with a 14-50 adapter included for three years. The adapter can be purchased in the Tesla store. It will come the the mobile charger (depending on the order date) and a 5-15 adapter, and the J1172 adapter. This will change when the mobile connector stops being included for free (and ultimately gets back in stock) as buying the connector does include both a 5-15 and 14-50 if chosen.

Getting close to two months since I ordered. Is this when the second guessing phase starts? Lol.
Trading in 2020 RAV4 xle with tech package which is half way paid off and serves its purpose.

Not turning back, excited for the Tesla, but wondering if any of you guys went through similar scenario and how did you deal with it.

Also, has anyone avoided telling anti ev relatives that you ordered one until it actually arrived ? I haven’t told my parents I have one ordered. Can’t wait to hear how dumb I am for going electric after showing up with it after a 400 mile drive to visit! 😂

How were there reactions once you showed them the vehicle?

How was the home delivery? Were you able to note any defects that needed to be repaired, and were you able to (if necessary) reject the delivery of the car wasn’t up to your satisfaction?
It went very smoothly. I inspected the vehicle, inside and out while the rep stood by. I did not find any imperfections. He said I have 100 miles to report anything if I find.

Getting close to two months since I ordered. Is this when the second guessing phase starts? Lol.
Trading in 2020 RAV4 xle with tech package which is half way paid off and serves its purpose.

Not turning back, excited for the Tesla, but wondering if any of you guys went through similar scenario and how did you deal with it.

Also, has anyone avoided telling anti ev relatives that you ordered one until it actually arrived ? I haven’t told my parents I have one ordered. Can’t wait to hear how dumb I am for going electric after showing up with it after a 400 mile drive to visit! 😂

Be prepared to answer dumb questions… and there may be an increase in sharing incomplete disinformation Facebook posts about EVs. Lol. Most of the time they only understand part of how an ev works, so maybe once you get one and they see how practical they are, they’ll be less stubborn about change.

I definitely held back letting anyone know. Reactions were mixed, and generally muted. In my experience, the only people who get excited for electric cars are the ones who have done some research on them or have already experienced them. Because the media is not in that group, most people hear the usual critical messages about why battery electrics are completely impractical. In truth, it's a lot like any other technology that is a dramatic change. The horseless carriage. Microwave ovens. Cell phones.
Tesla's haven't come with a 14-50 adapter included for three years. The adapter can be purchased in the Tesla store. It will come the the mobile charger (depending on the order date) and a 5-15 adapter, and the J1172 adapter. This will change when the mobile connector stops being included for free (and ultimately gets back in stock) as buying the connector does include both a 5-15 and 14-50 if chosen.
Just to add to this, here's a blurb from the store page for the Mobile Connector

Note: Vehicle orders placed on or after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Mobile Connector orders with both NEMA 5-15 Adapter and NEMA 14-50 Adapter will begin shipping in August 2022.

I guess they plan on being back in stock in August. I wonder how long supplied will last.

For those who are interested in such things...

A charger is a device that delivers DC power to the car's battery. The car has an onboard AC charger that converts AC power to DC power, while DC fast chargers like Superchargers and Electrify America take AC power from the grid and deliver a powerful stream of DC to the battery.

A connector is a cord that plugs into the charging port on the vehicle. We have Mobile Connectors and Wall Connectors, while Superchargers have built in connectors.

An adapter is a device that permits two dissimilar plug types to work with each other. So the J1772 adapter lets a DC charger with the J1772 pin connector plug into the Tesla's charging port, which has a different plug type. Then there are all the adapters for going between the Mobile Connector and various wall socket types.
I'm not sure how to check for matrix lights.
Here's an earlier post with pictures of each type. Look for the eyeball in the outside corner of the lamp for the newer version.

I definitely held back letting anyone know. Reactions were mixed, and generally muted. In my experience, the only people who get excited for electric cars are the ones who have done some research on them or have already experienced them. Because the media is not in that group, most people hear the usual critical messages about why battery electrics are completely impractical. In truth, it's a lot like any other technology that is a dramatic change. The horseless carriage. Microwave ovens. Cell phones.

Just to add to this, here's a blurb from the store page for the Mobile Connector

Note: Vehicle orders placed on or after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Mobile Connector orders with both NEMA 5-15 Adapter and NEMA 14-50 Adapter will begin shipping in August 2022.

I guess they plan on being back in stock in August. I wonder how long supplied will last.

For those who are interested in such things...

A charger is a device that delivers DC power to the car's battery. The car has an onboard AC charger that converts AC power to DC power, while DC fast chargers like Superchargers and Electrify America take AC power from the grid and deliver a powerful stream of DC to the battery.

A connector is a cord that plugs into the charging port on the vehicle. We have Mobile Connectors and Wall Connectors, while Superchargers have built in connectors.

An adapter is a device that permits two dissimilar plug types to work with each other. So the J1772 adapter lets a DC charger with the J1772 pin connector plug into the Tesla's charging port, which has a different plug type. Then there are all the adapters for going between the Mobile Connector and various wall socket types.

Here's an earlier post with pictures of each type. Look for the eyeball in the outside corner of the lamp for the newer version.

I just want to add that it seems like some cars ordered after that date that are getting picked up around now (mainly P) are reporting mobile connectors. It seems like tesla isn't checking dates but rather just sticking them in any car. There are a few reports that come August they will stop doing this. At that point it seems they will check your date and if you made the cutoff give you a store credit. So be prepared in a month or so to start seeing reports of no connector in the car

I know some people will but it is really sad to judge someone based on the car they drive. All my life I've driven second hand cars. My current car is 22 years old and barely hanging on but idc. No one is better or worse because they drive an EV or an ICE. A old or new car. Except if you drive a tesla then your automatically awesome ;)

I did the same, though my last car before Tesla was only 15 years old. Go big or go home!!!

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118

I tried to reason and explain EV’s to a couple of people I know but now I just tell people “I don’t care if it runs on unicorn blood, I just like the car.” It usually shuts people up.

I know some people will but it is really sad to judge someone based on the car they drive. All my life I've driven second hand cars. My current car is 22 years old and barely hanging on but idc. No one is better or worse because they drive an EV or an ICE. A old or new car. Except if you drive a tesla then your automatically awesome ;)
This will be my first brand new car. I’m 45 and have refused to “waste money” on having a new car. I usually buy luxury vehicles that are 3-4 years old. I just let someone else drive the new off of them enough to get the depreciated value and I can still sell them 5 years later for a decent price. I was going to buy a used Tesla until I realized I could get a new one for less and saving money on gas is a win-win for my thrifty soul.

🥰 Love your perspective!