Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps I am wrong but wanted to show this.

My OPINION only.....pay very close attention to a VIN that is NOT close to what is going on.

Our M3LR had a date in May and it was NOT something we would accept.

We declined. BE VERY CAUTIOUS on a VIN that is outside of the VIN s that are going forward.

Still waiting.

Bay Area with OD of 3/17 for a blue M3 with 18” wheels. Awoke to a RDF pushback from 6/20-7/1 to 6/25-7/5. After the end of the quarter! Not even a VIN yet. Can’t believe this when I see deliveries occurring elsewhere for similar cars ordered later! They are running out of time to get the delivery made by quarter end. Anyone else with this experience
We need to apply for insurance only after we schedule our delivery appointment, right?
and my vin, same configuration!, also assigned today.

I paid for the car also. Was that insane? For insurance I got a quote from GEICO—darn expensive. I then checked Tesla insurance—way cheaper. Can’t secure that until delivery date assigned.

Just found out something interested.

Based on the result from the survey, it seems like all the odds numbers have the matrix headlight and the even numbers have the premium headlight. 🤔🤔

I also looked up some recently delivery and they followed this pattern as well. 🫣

My vin is 296xxx and I guess I’ll find out on my graduation day then. 🤨🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• D7A220A3-61EC-4DE7-8024-C491E2D0C0FF.jpeg
    D7A220A3-61EC-4DE7-8024-C491E2D0C0FF.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 72
I had no clue about the auto dimming feature on the Side mirrors. It does make night driving a little hard to see, I can’t imagine with tints. I was wondering is there a setting where I can lower the dimming feature on the mirrors.
Yep it looks like instead of using the light sensor in the mirror it dims if the sun is down, headlights are on, and in N or D. Pretty dumb IMO…

Based on the result from the survey, it seems like all the odds numbers have the matrix headlight and the even numbers have the premium headlight. 🤔🤔

I also looked up some recently delivery and they followed this pattern as well. 🫣

Whelp, I have a 268 VIN (even) and I have Matrix.

Am I missing something? I don't see a spot for headlight version in the tracking spreadsheet.

Perhaps I am wrong but wanted to show this.

My OPINION only.....pay very close attention to a VIN that is NOT close to what is going on.

Our M3LR had a date in May and it was NOT something we would accept.

We declined. BE VERY CAUTIOUS on a VIN that is outside of the VIN s that are going forward.

Still waiting.

What do you mean by a 'VIN not close to what's going on'? Are you saying a VIN range much lower than what we're actively seeing most people get? If so, what is the current ranges typically seen? I'm a 297xxx.

I realized that I haven't posted any pics of the Black Pearl recently. Here's some of her, now that she has her tint all done. I also added matte black wraps to the Tesla logos on the hood, trunk and steering wheel. Finally got my plate today as well. We call them the "Cloud Plate" here in Arizona. It's what lets me use the HOV lane anytime.
She also did her first software update today. I'm now on 2022.16.2

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpeg
    IMG_4144.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4143.jpeg
    IMG_4143.jpeg
    367.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4146.jpeg
    IMG_4146.jpeg
    534.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4145.jpeg
    IMG_4145.jpeg
    463.7 KB · Views: 102
What do you mean by a 'VIN not close to what's going on'? Are you saying a VIN range much lower than what we're actively seeing most people get? If so, what is the current ranges typically seen? I'm a 297xxx.
Yes. You’re within the range of what’s being delivered currently.

For example I got a 259xxx VIN last week (which I rejected) when people were getting 27xxxx and 29xxxx.

Besides being for sure in the range of premium headlights going by previous data points, being much older than what others are getting currently suggests it probably had problems and/or was rejected multiple times.