Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes expectations of 90 days should be relinquished. There are still mid March orders hanging around. I’m an April 3 order and my 90 days is very near and I’m looking at another month to delivery.
I would think so, some of us are already over 100 days (101 for me today) and got pushed back another month AT LEAST. Or else the west coast is just getting screwed right now.

I would think so, some of us are already over 100 days (101 for me today) and got pushed back another month AT LEAST. Or else the west coast is just getting screwed right now.
I hope I get mine (and hopefully with matrix lights) before mid July or else my financing expires 😅.

Your pushback doesn’t make sense though. Maybe there were a lot of people in other states that had put their order on hold till July, so now it’s throwing off the algorithms from them taking the hold off.

@jaschrbob we have similar order dates and the exact same config. My OD was 3/26. I trimmed my signature down but at one point in time I got slipped to Aug 27-Oct 22 but that I believe is a "glitch" that sometimes happens. My initial EDD was Jul 9-Aug 20 and it is pretty close to what I have now.

The explanation that @JB47394 is pretty much what I thought and have read here.

We just have to be patient.

On a side note, spent 10 hours yesterday installing the Tesla Wall charger. What a royal pain in the butt! Not the wall charger itself but the way I had to run it as cleanly as possible in my garage. With the help of my neighbor we managed to get the 6/3 romex where it needed to be. Long story for another day but all in all I am happy.

Yes, I will hear the comments....we elected to go with the wall charger and yes I know it would have been easier to run separate strands, but I already had a 50' coil of 6/3 romex so we went with that. HOWEVER, in retrospect (slaps forehead) we could have saved a ton of time by doing it another way.

Its all good though because both my neighbor and I love doing projects!
Want to come help me install mine ? the run should be really really short. like 5 feet at most. but I know nothing about electrical work

Reactions: ColoradoMike
It seems pretty clear that you missed the cut for Q2 deliveries. There must have been an absolute ton of orders at the same time as yours. I hate to pile on the misery, but if past patterns hold, you're looking at no earlier than September, which would be the time for Q3 west coast deliveries. "The first EDD is the best EDD" and yours does say September. Time to order some more accessories.

It seems pretty clear that you missed the cut for Q2 deliveries. There must have been an absolute ton of orders at the same time as yours. I hate to pile on the misery, but if past patterns hold, you're looking at no earlier than September, which would be the time for Q3 west coast deliveries. "The first EDD is the best EDD" and yours does say September. Time to order some more accessories.
There are still plenty of deliveries on the west coast during the beginning of the quarter, but just not a massive focused push like towards the end.

Just got a call from Tesla letting me know that my car will get there sometime at the end of July or beginning of August. They also told me that they have a model three performance that is ready to get picked up from tomorrow or Friday but it does have like some damage on the in the panel which will take off $2000 and then get it fixed in like two or three months down the road. Decided not to take the performance model and just stay with my model three long range just because I didn’t wanna deal with the hassle having to see a messed up panel for three or three months until it gets fixed or whenever it did get fixed. Day 94 of the journey

Maybe expectations should shift for (new) orders - from 90 days to 120 days?
Tesla is still accepting orders so all that demand for EVs is funneled to them for anyone who is willing to pay or doesn't want to wait +9 months.
Yes expectations of 90 days should be relinquished. There are still mid March orders hanging around. I’m an April 3 order and my 90 days is very near and I’m looking at another month to delivery.
I'm just gonna back up this thinking as well as I'm at 104 days since ordering. Hoping my EDD doesn't slip anymore as I've entered it once already HAHA!

Reactions: jpaychek
There are still plenty of deliveries on the west coast during the beginning of the quarter, but just not a massive focused push like towards the end.
I mean shoot in just the last couple days between my friend and I we have counted 11 Tesla car carriers along I-5 (Different days to back up not double counting). Doubtful those will get pushed out the door today or tomorrow. On my way home from a concert last night there was 4 all in a line heading north through Tacoma. Kind of a cool sight honestly to see that many. I am not losing hope on July Delivery. Hoping @QueenSundodger your EDD pulls back in cause that last shift is just weird.

Does anybody have a checklist to share for when I get to pick up the car?
Also what are the strongly recommended things to buy/do to the car? Ceramic coat for the body, and what tint should I do (never had to get tint done on a car before, so I’m clueless)
Thanks in advance for all input

Reactions: Guy Maughan
😫 I’m hoping I don’t see a pushback. It usually takes me 3 days to reflect any pushback from what others are experiencing. I’m at 102. 120 days would put me right around the time my current EDD 4 week window.

Does anybody have a checklist to share for when I get to pick up the car?
Also what are the strongly recommended things to buy/do to the car? Ceramic coat for the body, and what tint should I do (never had to get tint done on a car before, so I’m clueless)
Thanks in advance for all input
@Hiline found an app someone made that seems pretty useful but you can also check the Model 3 Checklist thread as well on the forum.
There are so many checklists ... someone even made an app for this: Tesla Prep

I really want to ask so, NC, start of Q3 coming, EDD Aug 13th - Sep 17th, ordered April 11th. Is it likely I will see my model 3 this quarter? I need some copium or a lot more accessories to distract me.

Thanks! I was trying to decide between this Tesla kit and the generic center cap and individual lock nut caps kits on Amazon. Both look good to me, so decided to try this one first and give it a test drive.
Congrats on your successful delivery! The cap kits are quite inexpensive - you can have multiple sets and swap them or mix and match depending on your personality and mood ;)

This ccs1 adapter keeps coming up. Is it really 500+ dollars for one?

You can get one from eBay with delivery within a week for $400. If you're ok with a longer wait, buy directly from Harum.io for a bit over $300. I posted a referral link for a $3 discount a couple of posts ago if you bother to look for it. Either way, the adapter is worth it!

They also told me that they have a model three performance that is ready to get picked up from tomorrow or Friday but it does have like some damage on the in the panel which will take off $2000 and then get it fixed in like two or three months down the road. Decided not to take the performance model and just stay with my model three long range just because I didn’t wanna deal with the hassle having to see a messed up panel for three or three months until it gets fixed or whenever it did get fixed. Day 94 of the journey
Good call on rejecting the M3P with damage. The excitement of having a car now isn't worth having a car that is devalued (possibly more than that $2k fix they claim) when you go to sell/trade-in the car later.

I apologize for the delayed post (was sick in the last couple of days)... Anyway: everything worked out great! Got my Tesla!!!

M3LR, Red, White Interior, Aero, no FSD

OD: 5/21
EDD1: 9/4-10-14
Delivery: 6/25 !!!

I was a bit skeptical since this was obviously from a customer who didn't accept delivery: was it because of defects? Other reasons?!?

Well, there was a really minor scratch on the inside of the frunk and a warped cover on the left C pillar (the plastic right behind the back seat): I already scheduled service to get those repaired/changed. Everything else was perfect!

Matrix lights (would have accepted it even with the other lights), Hankook tires and also the mobile connector (I was surprised to find it: I didn't order it since we already have one at home).

Super happy (now, if only I can get over this virus and actually enjoy the car... :rolleyes:).