Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New EDD lmao this car is never coming

It's actually Sept 10th it's just cutoff and yes it's a push back but a shorter overall EDD
Coming Sept 3010? :D
If you decline delivery are you pushed back to the end of the queue? (If declined because there's something wrong with the car...not because you're simply not ready to take).
No, you are just given the next VIN that matches your config.

If you decline delivery are you pushed back to the end of the queue? (If declined because there's something wrong with the car...not because you're simply not ready to take).
I declined my first vin due to the old headlights and decided to wait a month for the Illinois EV rebate to start. Once I told them I was ready I jumped right back to the front of the line as you can see in my signature.

@Originalando I checked with the SA and confirmed these details for my VIN...Production date 7/10/22, confirmed Global headlamps.
That’s great news! My SA isn’t great with responding so I’m not even going to bother until I get to schedule delivery.

It's very interesting that your 305xxx VIN was built after a 307xxx with build date of 07/07/2022. It's close enough though that it seems reasonable for variations in production line set.

Reactions: E90alex
Here's an earlier comment by someone who was paying attention to other posters going through that experience.
If you decline, you won’t go to the beginning of the line but your wait will be at least 4-8 weeks. This is based on what other posters have stated when they declined and got a new EDD. Not cast in stone, just the averages.
I can believe this. As your vehicle will be moved east by rail, that means that Tesla assigned your VIN a couple weeks prior to you seeing the car and declining it. By the time you decline, Tesla has already assigned the VINs for the next shipment going out by rail. They can't take a VIN away from somebody else, so you'll have to wait for a later rail shipment.

I don't know how many rail shipments go east. If there are a few, then you could easily be pushed to the following quarter. If there are many, then you could hope that declining a vehicle at the beginning of the series of rail shipments would give you time to get into a later shipment in the same quarter.

The final opportunity to pick up a car after declining - even late in a quarter - is that Tesla could offer you a vehicle that someone else declined. I would expect that people who declined a vehicle would get higher priority for any available vehicle. I'm thinking of vehicles declined for reasons unrelated to the vehicle itself. Financing, timing, etc.

Reactions: Originalando
There never were matrix lights on the RWD. Personally idc either way and some people are posting the premium lights are better/brighter so remember newer isn't always better. However we are seeing reports of LR with the matrix lights
All Model 3 has had matrix standard since 2021 refresh. RWD, LR, and P. Though if supply is an ongoing issue it would make sense to keep premium lights on all RWD. There’s not enough data either way to know if that’s what they did for Q2.

That SA @phaheem talked to is just plain wrong and likely saying that to prevent people from rejecting their car due to the lights. Making it seem like they all come with premium now and you’ll be lucky if you happen to get one with global, instead of all coming with global by default and unlucky if you get one with premium.

At least for Q2, the majority came with global/matrix except for a run of premium lights for about a week towards the end of the month - presumably as Tesla ran low on supply for the global lights.

Who knows how Q3 will play out, but so far based on my VIN 3077xx built on 7/7 it seem they still are coming with matrix for non-P. The lights are made by Hella in Shanghai so hopefully now that Shanghai is out of lockdown mode and with a 1 week production pause in Fremont that headlight supplies are back to normal and we won’t see premium lights again.

Whether it’s a big deal or not is up to everyone’s own opinion. There’s minimal performance difference with premium lights possibly slightly better ahead but global lights better to the sides. But the principle of it is that Tesla is shortchanging the people that get premium lights because the matrix units are undoubtedly more expensive to produce and have more advanced technology inside (and potentially more functionality in the future).

That’s weird 🥴. It’s already at the SC and I physically saw it yesterday. I’m guessing just an automated text.

Attachments

• F7D1BF7A-B0BA-4E62-BEB7-0A5867687B0F.png
    F7D1BF7A-B0BA-4E62-BEB7-0A5867687B0F.png
    540.6 KB · Views: 94
Hey gang.. so I've had my car (m3lr) for about 2 weeks and thought I'd give you my review so far. I was super excited like all of you but trust me, your day will come. My goal is here to manage your expectations for delivery. Here's what I have for you:

I took delivery on June 28th. There were no immediate problems with my car that I noticed. I didn't look at it with a microscope, so who knows if there's some gaps here and there, overall it looked fine. The ONLY issue I had was the center arm rest console between the driver and passenger seat had some play to it. So everytime I put my arm on it, it sits as if there was a millimeter space between the latch and the hook. It can be a little annoying, as if you constantly move your arm onto/off of it, it will make a slight click sound. More on this later....

The Good - the driving is nice, smooth, and a bit sport if you set it up to be. braking feels good, nothing out of the usual. Phone key is great, just walk towards/away and it locks/unlocks (never had an issue, yet). Seats feel good to me, a little on the firm side and that's what I prefer. Autopilot (i did not get FSD) is really great, took me only 2-3 days to finally trust it, and now I trust it somewhat dangerously (dont text and drive, friends). Infotainment is wonderful, no complaints there other than some glitches with the TuneIn app, oh well.

The Bad - center arm rest console doesn't fully sit. I have a total of 3 rattles in the car, 2 on the dashboard (each side) and one on the driver side pillar (more of a ticking sound). It is super annoying. I called service for the center arm rest console and the guy told me "they're all like that". I find that REALLY hard to believe. Then he attempted to look for the rattling in the driver side pillar, took apart the whole damn thing including the seal. when he put it back together, he didn't do it properly and now i hear A LOT of road noise. if i wash the car, water will get inside. thank god we haven't had any rain in california yet. i took it in the service, they said they have to wait 2 weeks to get a new seal.

Overall, was I excited? hell yea. how do i feel now? like tesla seriously needs to work on their build quality. even my buddies that have teslas have visiting the service center 4-5 times in less than a year from receiving their car. please manage your expectations because it can really, really make you feel down once (not if, but when) you notice something iffy with the car. my drive to work sounds like this "TICKTICKTICK PSHHHHHHHHHHHHH TICK TICK TICK PSHH TIPSHHHHHHCKKKK" from the window seal AND the rattling from all over the vehicle.

would i buy another tesla again? as of now, probably not. if they haven't improved on their build quality, then most definitely not. i am REALLY glad that the car cost $52k because if this was a plaid or even an S or X, I would be losing my *&!@ right about now.

@drewsky your story is exactly what I worry about buying a Tesla lol. If I'm spending nearly 60k on a car I want it to be perfect, I understand the risks I'm getting into with Teslas. But are these rattles not things they are willing to fix in the service center? I assumed those kind of issues you would just have to deal with taking it in to get them fixed.

1) There never were matrix lights on the RWD.
The M3RWD that was on the showroom floor where I spoke with the SA had matrix headlights.

Just wanted to be clear here too, I wasn’t trying to say you were bogus, just that what the SA said was.
Yes same thing from me not trying to shoot the messenger

Also we here literally watch and analyze drone footage of the factory and have spies reporting truck sightings sooooo
Right, I know none of you are shooting the messenger, lol, but it's fair that you're calling BS based on legit information/evidence to the contrary. I'm aware that Tesla employees sometimes don't know what they're talking about or rely on inaccurate info.

Whether it’s a big deal or not is up to everyone’s own opinion. There’s minimal performance difference with premium lights possibly slightly better ahead but global lights better to the sides.
I prefer the projector-style function/look of the matrix headlight over the premium reflector-style. The projector makes the headlights look more premium than the premium lights, haha

@drewsky your story is exactly what I worry about buying a Tesla lol. If I'm spending nearly 60k on a car I want it to be perfect, I understand the risks I'm getting into with Teslas. But are these rattles not things they are willing to fix in the service center? I assumed those kind of issues you would just have to deal with taking it in to get them fixed.
So heads up for the rattles... when you take it to the service center, it has to be rattling while they are in the car or they won't bother fixing it. Luckily, 2/3 of the rattles were present during the drive. I left my car with them all day and nothing was fixed, instead another service appointment was scheduled for 2 weeks and they said they'll fix the door seal at that time. They did not mention the rattle part, but I did put it in writing. I REALLY hope I don't have to go the lemon route with them... I really really really want to love the car, and I do, but these little problems are a serious buzzkill after spending 60k.

All I'm saying is manage your expectations and try not to get emotional ONCE you find a problem.

So heads up for the rattles... when you take it to the service center, it has to be rattling while they are in the car or they won't bother fixing it. Luckily, 2/3 of the rattles were present during the drive. I left my car with them all day and nothing was fixed, instead another service appointment was scheduled for 2 weeks and they said they'll fix the door seal at that time. They did not mention the rattle part, but I did put it in writing. I REALLY hope I don't have to go the lemon route with them... I really really really want to love the car, and I do, but these little problems are a serious buzzkill after spending 60k.

All I'm saying is manage your expectations and try not to get emotional ONCE you find a problem.
Youre gonna try to lemon a car because of a couple of rattles? All I can say is good luck with that. I'm not there so I don't really know what the sounds are but from your post this whole thing sounds a little nit picky to be honest. It's still a car it might make a little noise. You already had them open the door up which made things worse. Maybe just see if you are having too high of expectations because the more they rip the car apart the more problems you are going to have

To anyone still waiting for a car I was thinking of this today and maybe it will help out others. I was a little bummed my EDD moved back (but tightened) but then I thought about what EDD stands for. I know the E is for estimated which I think most of us here understand. But what about the DD? It stands for delivery date. Not VIN date, Not shipping date, but DELIVERY date. It is the date Tesla thinks YOU will HAVE the car. So this made me realize the car may start production soon even with the EDD pushback but it is still gonna take time to travel cross country. If you are on the East Coast and you don't have a VIN yet you will likely not have a car until the middle of August like myself. Hope this helped put things into perspective. Just a little longer....

The M3RWD that was on the showroom floor where I spoke with the SA had matrix headlights.

Right, I know none of you are shooting the messenger, lol, but it's fair that you're calling BS based on legit information/evidence to the contrary. I'm aware that Tesla employees sometimes don't know what they're talking about or rely on inaccurate info.

I prefer the projector-style function/look of the matrix headlight over the premium reflector-style. The projector makes the headlights look more premium than the premium lights, haha
I had a hard time trying to find a difference at a glance. Only if I was 2 feet tall would that difference be that apparent