Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

Makes more sense now! Thanks for the explanation!
I texted my SA asking if they could provide any more insight into when my car might be made. Really I was just asking if August is still on the table. All I got was crickets kinda to be expected but still a little disappointed. Oh well. For some reason black on black sometimes seems to be the dark horse of deliveries and I'm hoping that's not the case this time with my order

Reactions: ColoradoMike
They're just been throwing them in the cars no matter when ordered. A few people have said once they cut them off if you made the April cutoff you will get a 200$ store credit. No reports yet of no charger but we are getting close

I will make a *minor* issue of this if I don't get a charger when it comes or the credit since I made the 4/28 deadline hopefully though it wouldn't be an issue
are we still getting them in Canada ? specially Ottawa ?

Just got a text Message from TESLA as well. They were asking if I would like to trade in a vehicle. Interesting, maybe we are seeing some sort of movement? LOL

Just got a text from Tesla and got excited thinking it was my VIN but it was soliciting me to consider trading in my current vehicle with a link to get a trade-in offer. Hoping that's a sign I'm getting closer? Ha! Anyone else get that text?

Reactions: cpu5h
Hi everyone,

Ordered my Model 3 3/1/2022 and it continues to keep getting pushed back. Originally it was EDD July, now its Oct 15-Nov 26. I live in Las Vegas, NV. Is this normal? My lease is up Oct 1 so now I am stuck purchasing my vehicle if it doesn't come in time (which most likely won't).

Just got a text from Tesla and got excited thinking it was my VIN but it was soliciting me to consider trading in my current vehicle with a link to get a trade-in offer. Hoping that's a sign I'm getting closer? Ha! Anyone else get that text?
Yeah, I received that text as well. Likely a big push to get used vehicles into their inventory given the rates that used vehicles are going for at the moment.

No change on my EDD...still sitting on a 4 wk window.

oh yes, everyone has been experiencing this. You should follow the LR/P/SR order threads. Some have had to wait over a year from order date to get their cars. I assume you ordered the Standard Range, so if you need it sooner, upgrading to LR has shown to work. I ordered in March as well and my dates kept slipping. So I switched to LR and got my car within a week.

I did a bunch of research when I was looking for mats and went with the Taptes bundle. Great quality and great price if you buy them on amazon since they usually have a $50 clickable coupon

Damn, they just hiked the price....glad I bought stuff earlier. But Either way its a hell of a deal. From all the posts I've read these seem to be the best. I'd always gone weathertech but there super expensive and get kinda of slippery and feel hard.

Reactions: SkunkApe
Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
12. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts

Reactions: Nfletcher
My SA has been much more responsive this time around (compared to the week leading up to my last VIN's scheduled delivery). Wanted to confirm timing so I could plan to get my cashiers check made out, and my car will arrive tomorrow, meaning my delivery has been moved up to this Saturday!

He also confirmed global/matrix headlights, but they "confirmed" that prior to arrival last time as well, and they were wrong...
Congratulations! Picking up in Chi? I ask bc we had a similar situation with putting on hold due to the new IL EV refund. I took mine off hold 6/28. Got my VIN assigned 7/18. EDD now stands at 7/31-8/4. Somehow you will get yours sooner so curious if pick up location comes in to play at all.

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happen throughout, but can greatly increase at the end of a quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
12. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Additional informative posts
Thanks for the bank of information. Much appreciated.

Reactions: JB47394
Congratulations! Picking up in Chi? I ask bc we had a similar situation with putting on hold due to the new IL EV refund. I took mine off hold 6/28. Got my VIN assigned 7/18. EDD now stands at 7/31-8/4. Somehow you will get yours sooner so curious if pick up location comes in to play at all.
I'm picking up at the Lisle location (Chicago suburb). Not sure when your OD was, but I rejected a VIN early June since it had premium headlights, which then made the decision easy to put it on hold for the EV rebate.