Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the focus, but there are apparently 2022 exceptions.

"Transition provision for EVs with written sales orders dated in 2022 prior to the date of President signing the bill but delivered in 2023 allows purchaser to claim the “old” credit in 2023. (Page 386, line 20)."
Tesla doesn't qualify under the "old" credit because it's reached it's sales quota. Neither does GM.

How do these compare to the Maxpider 3D mats?
I got the Taptes mats after having the 3D maxpiders in my BMW i3. Taptes is practically identical to the 3D maxpider in terms of appearance and quality. Only difference I found is that the 3D maxpider has more “grip” under the mats than the Taptes. But I’m willing to sacrifice that “grip” for the lower price of the Taptes, and I don’t think that “grip” is that much of an issue because the mats are custom-cut to fit the model 3, so movement will be very minimal.
Pretty smooth pickup overall. Yes charging cable was included. Here's to hoping everyone waiting gets a VIN soon.
God Bless you all.

Graduation day picture:

View attachment 833484
Congrats! How did you get such a quick delivery with a late-May order?

Makes sense. I guess I'm out of luck since my base price since time of order was >55k.
The new EV tax credit rules seems to have been designed to exclude tesla model 3 RWD or LR AWD. Tesl RWD's battery may not meet the requirements under the battery minerals and component provision which requires at least 40% of minerals and 50% of components in the battery to have originated in US...if LFP battery packs were fully assembled in China then there might be problems satisfying the "battery origin" requirements. Model 3 LRAWD is price disqualified if your purchase price was above 55k.

Some good/bad news from what I’ve read/understood:

Destination fees not considered part of MSRP (good)
Currently says for cars receiving in 2023 (bad), hopefully they will make it for anybody currently taking delivery to prohibit people putting off their orders now.

Some good/bad news from what I’ve read/understood:

Destination fees not considered part of MSRP (good)
Currently says for cars receiving in 2023 (bad), hopefully they will make it for anybody currently taking delivery to prohibit people putting off their orders now.
I can see a lot of people canceling their Model 3 orders now and ordering a Y if this passes next week. Orders on the Y are up to 2023 and it will bring the price of it close to the 3 LR. Cheaper in some states like Colorado that still have a $2,500 tax break on Tesla’s.

Tesla's are expensive to insure. Without any discounts at State Farm, it would've been $2000 for a 6 month premium for 10k miles. At 615 per month, I'd definitely say shop around.
So my journey has been so far (per month) (500 deductible collison/comprehensive and glass)
Geico 615
Farmers 650
State Farm 260
All State 290
Liberty Mutual 395
Esurance 190
Progressive Refused to cover

Just wondering anyone else seeing similar prices in southern NY? 30s male no accidents no tickets 5+ years

Last edited:
So my journey has been so far (per month) (500 deductible collison/comprehensive and glass)
Geico 615
State Farm 260
All State 290
Liberty Mutual 395
Esurance 190
Progressive Refused to cover

Just wondering anyone else seeing similar prices in southern NY? 30s male no accidents no tickets 5+ years
Yes, all my prices are very similar to yours (only I have 1000 for the deductible). I went with Esurance as they are the cheapest. Progressive was second and quoted me 1500+ for 6 months.

Reactions: ZZ118