Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just be patient and do NOT look at the EDDs. They fluctuate a ton. I went from June to July to Aug to even OCTOBER with an OD of 3/26......

Hang in there and just be patient. Dates change and from what I have seen, Tesla has a sense on what will ship or not.

See my signature for EDDs......remember they are ESTIMATED dates.
Thank you. I should really stop looking at the EDDs. Just realized how many times yours have been changed after checking your signature. At this point, I am a bit hesitant to lock my APR with my local credit union. I am planning to finalize it tomorrow morning and hoping I will get my car in next 60 days.

Reactions: HeatherW22
Thank you. I should really stop looking at the EDDs. Just realized how many times yours have been changed after checking your signature. At this point, I am a bit hesitant to lock my APR with my local credit union. I am planning to finalize it tomorrow morning and hoping I will get my car in next 60 days.

Yup....we all have been through this a bunch.

I did not put in all the times my EDD changes due to signature things. A suggestion.....don't put in a LOCK on an APR until you are close. Perhaps your financing will allow you to keep the rate low. We are paying cash so it isn't an issue with us.

What I would suggest to you and others....once you get that "two week window" THEN lock it in. Worst case....you lose the rate. Should not impact your loan pricing but things happen.

By the way, once you hit five or so posts, you can put a signature in. You should put in your OD "order date" then you can tailor it for your EDD "estimated delivery date"......

Reactions: Mob Dee
oh yes, everyone has been experiencing this. You should follow the LR/P/SR order threads. Some have had to wait over a year from order date to get their cars. I assume you ordered the Standard Range, so if you need it sooner, upgrading to LR has shown to work. I ordered in March as well and my dates kept slipping. So I switched to LR and got my car within a week.
Thanks! Maybe I will try that if it’s not a huge price difference per month.

Reactions: ElectricNerd
For those enthused by the possibilities of the EV tax credit, folks are commenting on it now and they're observing the same thing that I thought I saw; this is a bill crafted for Ford and GM to allow them to drum up interest in plug-in hybrids. The old program was "A minimum of a 4 kWh battery, with bonus as the battery gets larger". Plug-in hybrid buyers received some credit, but battery electric buyers got much more. This one says "A minimum of a 7 kWh battery" plus a bunch of requirements on the manufacturer about where the batteries or the materials come from, as well as vehicle price limits, and all that will end up excluding Tesla vehicles. So, ultimately, the only vehicles that will meet the criteria of the bill will be plug-in hybrids. GM doesn't currently make any. Ford has 10% of the hybrid/plug-in hybrid market. Toyota has 50% of it. The market should be interesting going forward.

Of course, no battery electric vehicle has a problem with demand. So a tax credit program wasn't needed for those anyway. I'm sure the fledgling BEV companies like Rivian could use some government loans to increase their production ramp.

For those enthused by the possibilities of the EV tax credit, folks are commenting on it now and they're observing the same thing that I thought I saw; this is a bill crafted for Ford and GM to allow them to drum up interest in plug-in hybrids. The old program was "A minimum of a 4 kWh battery, with bonus as the battery gets larger". Plug-in hybrid buyers received some credit, but battery electric buyers got much more. This one says "A minimum of a 7 kWh battery" plus a bunch of requirements on the manufacturer about where the batteries or the materials come from, as well as vehicle price limits, and all that will end up excluding Tesla vehicles. So, ultimately, the only vehicles that will meet the criteria of the bill will be plug-in hybrids. GM doesn't currently make any. Ford has 10% of the hybrid/plug-in hybrid market. Toyota has 50% of it. The market should be interesting going forward.

Of course, no battery electric vehicle has a problem with demand. So a tax credit program wasn't needed for those anyway. I'm sure the fledgling BEV companies like Rivian could use some government loans to increase their production ramp.
More specifically, the bill is crafted for the UNIONS. We have to remember that Uncle Joe and the Dems are beholden to the UAW for all their support in getting them elected to power.

Reactions: Nfletcher
More specifically, the bill is crafted for the UNIONS. We have to remember that Uncle Joe and the Dems are beholden to the UAW for all their support in getting them elected to power.
The original bill required union labor. Manchin refused to vote for that, so they dropped it. Of course, we're still ending up at pretty much the same result. I'll genuinely be surprised if any Tesla vehicles qualify without Tesla making some changes. For example, declaring that they have enough materials from free trade countries to build 25% of their cars, so 1 in 4 VINs will be considered as qualified for the rebate, and it'll end up being like a lottery.

Of course laws are the legal way of squeezing and squashing competition

Quick update day 124 since OD still waiting for a VIN looks like they slowed down this week or at least for the form. Hopefully I get something over the weekend. My 30 day lock end on the 5th.

View attachment 834190
Right there with you, they need to send us cars before we cancel and get a MY next year lol. JK not canceling, I can always buy a MY next year and trade in.

• Funny
Reactions: HeatherW22
The sad but true part of this bill for Tesla is they have no reason to change their manufacturing methods. The demand is already out the door with talks of shutting down some orders to clear the backlog and they make insane profit margins on each. Honestly what's in it for them??

Reactions: JB47394
The sad but true part of this bill for Tesla is they have no reason to change their manufacturing methods. The demand is already out the door with talks of shutting down some orders to clear the backlog and they make insane profit margins on each. Honestly what's in it for them??
It really boils down to whether you truly think the model you are buying is worth it at the current price.

I imagine that all of us who have placed orders, be it RWD, LR, or P, feel that the cost is worth it, else we wouldn't have placed the order.

Would I love to catch a tax credit? Sure. Who doesn't like to save money?

The question is whether the car is worth what they are asking and I think it is and then some.

I have placed my order in may 7th, and I got a pushed back on my EDD today for the second time. It is interesting that some people are receiving a better EDD, and for some reason mine is keep getting pushed. Current Config : M3LR Red, Black and White Interior

Forgot to mention that previous EDD was Aug 3rd - Sep 5th. Now my account is displaying August 29th- September 26th. Wait continues...
Are you considered east or west coast? East Coast right? Wondering if That may have something to do with it. Interesting -I have an OD of May as well and we are pretty close to the same EDD. The logic that I have been using is that east coast will get Aug delivery ( I hope) and west coast will get Sept. hope I am right!

Last edited:
Reactions: gators918
I am really contemplating ordering a model Y because of this bill if it passes or not. that way i can lock the price incase it DOES pass and elon raises the price, if it doesn't i would only lose out the 250

i waited to long to order the Y and it is out of my price range but 7500 off current price wouldnt be so bad .

also, i wonder about current orders on LR if it does pass, would he drop the price 3k? i know my LR is locked in at 55k before price increase, so would be above cap.

alot of questions around this bill lol

Right there with you, they need to send us cars before we cancel and get a MY next year lol. JK not canceling, I can always buy a MY next year and trade in.
I was talking to my wife about that if that passes to qualify for the rebate and she rolled her eyes lol
1659148027938.gif

Reactions: EdgeM3LR