Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't sit on vehicles across a quarter because that has a negative impact on the quarterly financial statement. They make sure that if they build a vehicle in a quarter, it gets delivered in that quarter. That's why they focus on delivery sites that are a short truck drive from the Fremont factory at the end of the quarter. Then, at the start of the next quarter, they close the factory for a couple weeks for routine maintenance and for any production changes or upgrades they've worked up. So your EDD doesn't make a lot of sense because it takes Tesla about two weeks to go from VIN assignment to delivery in Ohio. That would have your vehicle being built during the factory shutdown.

The thing about EDDs is that the first one is usually the most accurate. If you could update your signature with the details about your order as you see on other posters' signatures, we'd be able to provide better commentary. Your first EDD may make a lot more sense than the current one.
Thank you.

Reactions: JB47394
For those who traded in a vehicle to Tesla:

how was the process?

Are they price competitive?

Thanks
I did a trade-in back in March. I filled out some information online, then submitted photos of damage to the car (mostly scratches and dings), and one of the dash showing the odometer. They gave me a quote. When I was close to delivery, they asked for another photo of the dash with odometer. They didn't change the trade-in value, probably because I added so few miles.

At delivery time, I just showed up with the car and title and turned them over. They were supposed to transfer the tags that I had just renewed, but that's not what happened. I got new plates and had to go to the DMV to get a partial refund on the plates that I had.

Tesla has not been competitive in price, but they are convenient if you are trying to trade-in your only means of transportation. I didn't even bother pricing other possibilities because the convenience outweighed everything else for me. The car was already absurdly more than I've ever paid for a car. A couple thousand off the price in exchange for some aggravation and concerns wasn't worth it for me.

I think most people look to Carvana or Carmax if they're after the best deal. If you search for Carvana in this thread, I'm sure you'll get lots of discussion about trade-ins.

@Patrick Jarin

Patrick.....I am sending you all the GREAT KARMA I can muster! My wife is even following along with this! She TOO is sending you GREAT KARMA as well!

I thought I was one of the last ones in the March orders but your order takes the cake.

When all is said and done we need to throw you a PARTY when you get your car!!!!! I KNOW it will be a flawless delivery for you when it happens :)

Just found this board!

Ordered a M3 LR midnight silver, black interior, on March 3rd, 2022
EDD 8/10-13 in North TX

Got a Vin yesterday, navigating the sale of my 2020 m3 sr+
My original M3 has been great but I’m Very excited for the longer range, dual motors, other little upgrades, etc.
Welcome! You, my friend, probably have the EARLIEST March order that needs fulfillment! WELCOME!

Congrats on the VIN!

For those who traded in a vehicle to Tesla:

how was the process?

Are they price competitive?

Thanks
I drive a beater car that we have no intention of trading in. At this point, having a backup car is more in line with what we need.

I got an offer from Carmax for $2,800 for the vehicle. Carvana was $2,400. Tesla offered me $550.

I was able to see my EDD narrowing down from Aug 10 to 14 -> Aug 4 to 10th.

TIL:

1 - When its this close and has a short window - you may or may not get a text for your VIN, but it does exist. And even if your MVPA is not processed - Tesla will have your VIN. You can ask for it or even head down to the dealer and they'll snag it for you so you can get your insurance ready etc. VIN notifications don't always happen from what I've noticed.

2 - When you do make pre-visit - you can just schedule delivery on the day in that window that works for you with a delivery manager as they know the day it actually arrives and you book on or after. They'll manually adjust the window for you to a specific date and time.

Hi new here and not sure this is even where to post but looking for any help. Ordered our model 3 standard range august 2021. It’s been a year and we still haven’t received, our delivery date gets pushed back every time it gets close and it’s been happening for months. Is this normal, anyone else out there hit over a year? We can’t get any answers from corporate and feel completely in this alone, several of our friends who ordered after us some as late as April already accepted delivery. Not looking to complain, just looking to confirm we aren’t the only ones going through this!

Hi new here and not sure this is even where to post but looking for any help. Ordered our model 3 standard range august 2021. It’s been a year and we still haven’t received, our delivery date gets pushed back every time it gets close and it’s been happening for months. Is this normal, anyone else out there hit over a year? We can’t get any answers from corporate and feel completely in this alone, several of our friends who ordered after us some as late as April already accepted delivery. Not looking to complain, just looking to confirm we aren’t the only ones going through this!
Well, you got close by posting here. You landed in the waiting room for the Long Range trim. There's a waiting room specifically for Standard Range.

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

I'm sure the folks there can give you a sense of the realities of waiting for a Standard Range. Like you, I'm sure many of them have been waiting a year or more, so they should be well informed by this point.