Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN finally assigned
LR/MSM/18"/black in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Ordered in April 2022
Had been stuck at Aug 6 - September 30 window for a month
Then I started editing the order on Thursday (changed to performance/white, then back to LR/MSM)
Two days later VIN assigned, window Aug 10-16, can't edit anymore...

Now I may cancel and hold, not sure I need/want a second car anymore
Any idea how long you can “hold”?

My auto loan is signed, and I have a fat check from my new credit union ready to go for Sunday! To anyone planning on going with DCU: check some of your local credit unions, some that limit membership to the areas they are based in can be super competitive. I just got a 1.65% 60 month 35k loan with a 756 credit score, after applying last week. Will be saving around 3k in interest compared to the going rate from DCU.

Now time to complete a defensive driving course (gives a mandatory 10% insurance discount in NY), and then finalize my insurance based on that discounted rate.
What CU?

I saw some other posts that had 318 vins assigned mid/late July and more recently some 335 vins. They must really be cranking out the cars. I think my car is a reject though because I just got that vin 3 days ago. Hope it isn’t due to defects and that maybe someone just bailed on it.
Look it over and then decide whether to keep it. There are a variety of reasons the deal with the original buyer fell through. I actually think we will see more people deciding to move to a SR or Y and take advantage of the new tax credit. Tesla might have problems selling the LR this fall.

Look it over and then decide whether to keep it. There are a variety of reasons the deal with the original buyer fell through. I actually think we will see more people deciding to move to a SR or Y and take advantage of the new tax credit. Tesla might have problems selling the LR this fall.
I thought the SR was not eligible due to the battery? As of now, only the Y is eligible, assuming it gets classified as a SUV.

I thought the SR was not eligible due to the battery? As of now, only the Y is eligible, assuming it gets classified as a SUV.
Yes, I don't believe that Tesla makes any LFP batteries itself, instead relying on CATL in China. However, key LFP battery patents just expired, allowing companies to start building factories and ramping production. That won't affect Tesla immediately, but should in the longer term.

The EPA classifies the Model Y as a "Small Sport Utility Vehicle 4WD".

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass/Small_SUV_4WD2022.shtml

Any idea how long you can “hold”?
90 days.
What times does Tesla update the app again? Thx.
EDDs update twice a day at 7am and 4pm EST.
Once you get much closer to your edd and its tightening a VIN can come 24/7.