Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks, makes sense. I ordered a M3LR, all black with aero wheels. OD is June 22 and I had an original est delivery date of 10/12-11/23. However, I am strongly considering changing to a M3P but worried about ride quality and cold weather/winter weather performance on those tires. Obviously getting winter tires would solve that, but thats just another cost on top of the M3P. I plan on getting the acceleration boost if I stick with the M3LR and wondering if, at that point, the M3P would give any real additional benefit other than the visuals. at this point i am just rambling, but any insight/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
IT all depends on what you want.

If you want the M3P get it!

EDIT: Please put in your signature it helps us all :)

Reactions: Fire0897
Quick question for those who have recently taken delivery. My delivery date was pushed up again recently to 9/10-10/8. What has been the typical amount of time between getting a VIN and taking delivery? I have seen on this forum that in the past the amount of time had ranged from a couple days, or less, and multiple weeks. Just curious to see how long I will have to coordinate insurance/trade in/making sure I am available to actually go and get the car.
I got my VIN on the 9th and then today on the 10th I got a text to schedule a delivery date between 12-14th

thanks, makes sense. I ordered a M3LR, all black with aero wheels. OD is June 22 and I had an original est delivery date of 10/12-11/23. However, I am strongly considering changing to a M3P but worried about ride quality and cold weather/winter weather performance on those tires. Obviously getting winter tires would solve that, but thats just another cost on top of the M3P. I plan on getting the acceleration boost if I stick with the M3LR and wondering if, at that point, the M3P would give any real additional benefit other than the visuals. at this point i am just rambling, but any insight/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I have my opinions on the P. I don't think it is worth it especially in cold climate. The drawbacks don't outweigh the few benefits over the LR. If you are doing it just to speed up delivery DON'T! That is a terrible idea unless you absolutely need a car asap. In a few months you will have a car that will need less maintenance have more range that and cost less money if you stay with the LR.

I have my opinions on the P. I don't think it is worth it especially in cold climate. The drawbacks don't outweigh the few benefits over the LR. If you are doing it just to speed up delivery DON'T! That is a terrible idea unless you absolutely need a car asap. In a few months you will have a car that will need less maintenance have more range that and cost less money if you stay with the LR.
With tires that provide more range and a more comfortable ride that cost much less to replace

I assume you're agreeing with me lol.
I am agreeing with you haha. I spent many weeks going back/forth about upgrading to the M3P. Ultimately decided it wasn’t worth the added cost despite the “only” $5k difference (I ordered my LR before the price went up and plan to buy the acceleration boost), because that additional amount is subject to the interest rate and I’m looking at $300+ cost per tire on the P and harsher ride.

Reactions: ZZ118
I am agreeing with you haha. I spent many weeks going back/forth about upgrading to the M3P. Ultimately decided it wasn’t worth the added cost despite the “only” $5k difference (I ordered my LR before the price went up and plan to buy the acceleration boost), because that additional amount is subject to the interest rate and I’m looking at $300+ cost per tire on the P and harsher ride.
Yeah I went back and forth to and came to a similar conclusion just can't see the benefits and I think (especially in NY) I will be paying more for the maintenance over time. The acceleration means nothing to me. The ironic part though is I was happy that I saved 5-6k on the sticker price this way but then I went and bought EAP as soon as it came out so I guess that was a wash ;).

Reactions: HeatherW22
M3LR, no FSD, Salt Lake City

Received my VIN on 8/10. Hour later received a text saying, "Tesla - You vehicle is on-site and ready to be scheduled for pick up. Please let us know what time tomorrow or the rest of this week works best for you to pick up. Thank you."

Should I be worried I'm getting a car that was rejected?

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Yeah I went back and forth to and came to a similar conclusion just can't see the benefits and I think (especially in NY) I will be paying more for the maintenance over time. The acceleration means nothing to me. The ironic part though is I was happy that I saved 5-6k on the sticker price this way but then I went and bought EAP as soon as it came out so I guess that was a wash ;).

i wouldnt get any P model in NYC

M3LR, no FSD, Salt Lake City

Received my VIN on 8/10. Hour later received a text saying, "Tesla - You vehicle is on-site and ready to be scheduled for pick up. Please let us know what time tomorrow or the rest of this week works best for you to pick up. Thank you."

Should I be worried I'm getting a car that was rejected?
you can always be able to reject during the inspection tomorrow right?

What else would you do other than

1) check out the car and accept the delivery; or
2) reject the car.

It does look like someone else rejected the car at that location, and you are the next inline to get that.

Do you plan on getting acceleration boost?
Probably as I leave the dealership ;). Going to put it on a new 0% credit card and get back 300$ then "finance" it out. I'm not doing PPF so I'll put that money in the boost. After that I'm pretty much leaving the car alone except may consider the dashboard LCD lights at some time and probably do self ceramic coat/wax.

Probably as I leave the dealership ;). I'm not doing PPF so I'll put that money in the boost. After that I'm pretty much leaving the car alone except may consider the dashboard LCD lights at some time and probably do self ceramic coat/wax.
Dashboard LCD lights?

I’m going to drive my car for at least a few days/weeks before getting AB just so I can really appreciate the difference in all aspects; but a big part of me also wants to do it immediately at delivery lol

Hmm my SA only gave me two options: a photo copy of the check prior to delivery, or if the bank will be mailing the check, a photo of the check and copy of the tracking number. I'll have to give the bank a call to get more info.
Thanks for your help and good luck to you too!
Trying to figure out where I saw that, and it was a voice mail that I received today (day before pickup) and it says : proof of funds could be 1 an executed loan agreement 2 dealer funding request 3 certified check

Reactions: Fire0897
I've recently (30/7) ordered a Tesla 3 LR White with a delivery date of Feb 2023 - May 2023, but have read that the Giga Factory in Shanghai is going to increase production, could this result in the date coming ahead or is it likely that the production increases has already been allowed for?
Sorry, ignore that I'll repost in the Australian waiting room. Cheers.

• Funny
Reactions: HeatherW22