Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Graduated today. Took those aero hub caps off and put on the lug nut caps I bought on Amazon on the actual rim. No mobile charger included. Only received the front license plate holder and mobile connector thingy. No issues with delivery. I immediately FaceTimed my fiancée to help me set up the same settings as his tesla. The delivery guy was nice and patient with me. Allowed me to look inside/outside of car and ask me did I have any questions. Handed final payment. Transaction lasted about 30m. Car was super clean. Set up my phone holder. Turned the bass up and was jamming with the windows down. This car is like a toy and can’t wait to play more with all the functions. I noticed M3 no longer has homelink included and has to be bought separately? Or am I missing something? How does one get the $200 credit for the mobile charger? I literally just ordered one in Tesla’s site. But I’ll cancel if I can get the $200 credit. What does the matrix lights look like. Not sure if I have them. Michelin tires. Arrived with 26 miles and 57% battery.

Graduated today. Took those aero hub caps off and put on the lug nut caps I bought on Amazon on the actual rim. No mobile charger included. Only received the front license plate holder and mobile connector thingy. No issues with delivery. I immediately FaceTimed my fiancée to help me set up the same settings as his tesla. The delivery guy was nice and patient with me. Allowed me to look inside/outside of car and ask me did I have any questions. Handed final payment. Transaction lasted about 30m. Car was super clean. Set up my phone holder. Turned the bass up and was jamming with the windows down. This car is like a toy and can’t wait to play more with all the functions. I noticed M3 no longer has homelink included and has to be bought separately? Or am I missing something? How does one get the $200 credit for the mobile charger? I literally just ordered one in Tesla’s site. But I’ll cancel if I can get the $200 credit. What does the matrix lights look like. Not sure if I have them. Michelin tires. Arrived with 26 miles and 57% battery.
Congrats! Happy for ya 😃 as for homelink yeah they removed that feature and has to be purchased separately. As for matrix lights, the outside has a projector lens (circular lens) whereas the old style does not.

1661598130734.jpeg

Regarding $200 credit, this is the info I found:

1661598310866.jpeg

Link

Last edited:
Good enough that it'll rip off your paint if you try to remove it lol
It can be removed. If you try to pull it straight off, yes, you're probably going to damage something. The technique that people seem to use is to get some fishing line and use that like floss to work up and down behind the holder to break up the adhesive (pulling at the same time to keep the line away from the paint). Then you work off the bracket. From there, you're left with the tape on the bumper, and it can be rolled off with your thumb like you would the gummy adhesive that holds a credit card to its mailer.

Well apparently now we're not getting the license plate frame anymore :/ also how good is the adhesive I always get worried with something like that that it will fall off while driving
I believe people are talking about the the rear "Model 3" frame, not the front plate holder. The front holder is mandatory in states that have front plates.

The adhesive is incredibly strong. My 4-year old Model 3 front plate holder is still securely fastened. Getting it off would be challenging and require a heat gun, fishing line, and a lot of patience.

Feels like they are prepping to deliver all CA cars in September, which is end of

Feels like they are prepping to deliver all CA cars in September, which is end of Q3.
Feels like they're listening to my complaints and changed my EDD this morning!! Worst part is I'm going to Disneyland on the 2nd 😭😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-061010_Tesla.png
    Screenshot_20220827-061010_Tesla.png
    432.3 KB · Views: 70
It can be removed. If you try to pull it straight off, yes, you're probably going to damage something. The technique that people seem to use is to get some fishing line and use that like floss to work up and down behind the holder to break up the adhesive (pulling at the same time to keep the line away from the paint). Then you work off the bracket. From there, you're left with the tape on the bumper, and it can be rolled off with your thumb like you would the gummy adhesive that holds a credit card to its mailer.

Yeah it’s essentially like removing emblems on cars. It’s a hassle and can still possibly damage your paint. Happened with my last car. Used a heat gun and floss but ended up having a very small chip like 1mm. Can be done, but can’t be bothered to use that. I much rather spend that $140 to get a nice detachable plate holder. What’s $140 when we are spending 60k on a car? 😅

Fellow mid-April order checking in, blue model 3LR with EAP. California. Just had my second 2 week EDD pushed back from 8/24-9/7 to now a 4 week 9/9-10/7 :( what the heck!?

Seems like so many May (and June!) orders being filled…I’m also starting to feel left behind!
glad to see i'm not alone. I see you also have EAP as well. I just followed you on the site so please keep us up to date when you get any updates. I feel we are in a very similar boat.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna point out that game room as a flex 👌. And my wife got mad a at me for buying stuff for a car I don't have yet 😂
It doesn’t always work, but “better to have it and not need it, they need it and not have it” works sometimes. 😂

And thanks. Built the computer and the desk myself. Was lucky to grab a 3080 about two months after they came out. Microcenter FTW!

Fellow mid-April order checking in, blue model 3LR with EAP. California. Just had my second 2 week EDD pushed back from 8/24-9/7 to now a 4 week 9/9-10/7 :( what the heck!?

Seems like so many May (and June!) orders being filled…I’m also starting to feel left behind!

06-April order. Also pushed back. Latest EDD is September 09 - September 23. (M3LR, Blue, Black, 19", EAP). Serenity now! lol.

Reactions: Cho22 and ZZ118
Status
Not open for further replies.