Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery has been potentially delayed, AGAIN! I received a text from an SA at 1945 hours tonight that "we are expecting your car, but have not received it yet. We will continue to track the car to see if anything changes. At the moment, we can hold your appointment for Friday morning. We can check back in the morning if that changes."
I replied that I'm obviously VERY concerned that the car has possibly been damaged in transit and/or that the car's SOC is incredibly low. Also that I'm confused why my particular vehicle is now potentially delayed twice. The car supposedly left Fremont approximately three weeks ago, or longer. I know it's a long, slow trip but still this seems excessive. Others with similar VIN's have been taking delivery in the tri-state area, as far as I know. I'm also concerned the car is possibly being driven? The longer it takes I feel like the more miles can potentially be on it and the more potential for mis-use. I also informed them any future delivery appointment other than this Friday would most definitely have to be an evening, because I cannot keep changing my work schedule, only to be told the vehicle has not arrived.
I'll keep you informed with any updates to this unusual and very concerning delivery saga.

Not sure what's going on there. The VIN is disappeared all of sudden :$
Delivery date was 8/27, but the delivery (VIN 342xxx) was rejected due to a dent and scratches on a rear bumper. SA had confirmed the car will be ready shortly then, EDD was set to 8/27-8/31 w/ new VIN (346xxx). However, it pushed out 2 weeks window 9/1-9/14 w/o VIN. Today (8/31), EDD is postponed again to 9/4-9/18. Interestingly, they are holding a down payment even if the car has not been delivered. Having a terrible journey with Tesla unfortunately. Any thoughts? Hopefully, good luck on yours.

• Informative
Reactions: guerro and jpaychek
So for everyone not here last end of quarter push. Tomorrow starts the last month of the quarter. Historically there is a massive push from Tesla. If you are east coast and don't get a vin within the next week or so you are likely not in this push. This is because tesla needs to actually deliver the car to you to count as a sale. They don't like having orders sitting on the train or lot by the end of the month since they can't count this in the quarterly report.

However if you are west coast all bets are off. The next month make sure you are standby and ready to take your order asap. Tesla will not hold the car for you. Start getting insurance and financing ready because you can get a vin anytime and delivery same or next day. This applies to anyone on the west coast or is close enough to not require rail.

If you don't get a car by 9/30 expect to wait. The factory will go into maintenance road and no new cars will be made for about 2 weeks. October is not a good month for this reason. They will have a few left over cars they will ship but overall don't count on getting a car in October if you don't get it in September.
A good addition to this for people who want a car NOW, is Tesla will sell every demo car in the fleet if they need it to make quarterly numbers. People definitely have mixed feelings about these cars, but they do have less miles than a standard used M3 and get someone into a car a few months earlier than their ordered one.

Reactions: guerro and ZZ118
Delivery date was 8/27, but the delivery (VIN 342xxx) was rejected due to a dent and scratches on a rear bumper. SA had confirmed the car will be ready shortly then, EDD was set to 8/27-8/31 w/ new VIN (346xxx). However, it pushed out 2 weeks window 9/1-9/14 w/o VIN. Today (8/31), EDD is postponed again to 9/4-9/18. Interestingly, they are holding a down payment even if the car has not been delivered. Having a terrible journey with Tesla unfortunately. Any thoughts? Hopefully, good luck on yours.
Unfortunately, I think the mistake was giving them your down payment prior to inspecting the car. I know some SC will push for you to pay before, but in the event you need to reject your car, it takes weeks even months to return the money (or hold it, in your case). Best practice really, is to hold off on paying them and demand them to let you inspect the car inside out before paying and accepting delivery. Really is unfortunate what you're going through, but hope you get another car soon!

I have a 4 day window that keeps getting pushed by 1 day every day for close to a week now. Today I noticed that my VIN is no longer displayed in the app. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Congrats! I just got a 4-day window and VIN# (335) myself. Must have come in last night but I didn't notice it until this morning. The app allowed me to verify insurance. Waiting on further delay or "car is in" email next. BTW, got an EDD yesterday morning of Jan'23-Apr'23. Things change pretty quickly.

Reactions: guerro and JB47394
Congrats! I just got a 4-day window and VIN# (335) myself. Must have come in last night but I didn't notice it until this morning. The app allowed me to verify insurance. Waiting on further delay or "car is in" email next. BTW, got an EDD yesterday morning of Jan'23-Apr'23. Things change pretty quickly.
Oh wow, your car might have been a rejection from a different buyer based on your order date. Just a heads up

Reactions: Cho22