Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if all the east coast people (including myself) are just getting pushed to q4. I’ve been stuck on Dec for two weeks now.
From a post i read previously, if you are East Coast and didnt get a vin within the first week or so of EOQ Push, you might actually get pushed to the next Quarter. The EOQ Push is going to be good for all West Coast deliveries because it will let Tesla's books look better since the turn around for a delivery is much quicker with us.

I know Elon said that he wanted to move from Delivery waves/pushes. If this were the case he would have to stop prioritizing East to West coast deliveries between Month 1 until Month 3 of a quarter. I doubt he will move to a FIFO model.

Reactions: phaheem
So for everyone not here last end of quarter push. Tomorrow starts the last month of the quarter. Historically there is a massive push from Tesla. If you are east coast and don't get a vin within the next week or so you are likely not in this push. This is because tesla needs to actually deliver the car to you to count as a sale. They don't like having orders sitting on the train or lot by the end of the month since they can't count this in the quarterly report.

However if you are west coast all bets are off. The next month make sure you are standby and ready to take your order asap. Tesla will not hold the car for you. Start getting insurance and financing ready because you can get a vin anytime and delivery same or next day. This applies to anyone on the west coast or is close enough to not require rail.

If you don't get a car by 9/30 expect to wait. The factory will go into maintenance road and no new cars will be made for about 2 weeks. October is not a good month for this reason. They will have a few left over cars they will ship but overall don't count on getting a car in October if you don't get it in September.
@Colossalness

Yeah I'm in East Bay (Berkeley) but been wondering where pick up would be. Is Vallejo the closest spot?
I think it depends on where you want. You're closer to SF. But TBH I think you should take the trip to Walnut Creek or even Vallejo for pick up. Only cause SF drivers have no idea how to drive and I'd want my car to make it home before an accident happens

• Funny
Reactions: Cho22 and Zane Liu
Good points. Also could just be busy in SF.
Yeah, that's when you definitely don't want to be there 😂. I work for Amazon and deliver in SF. Trust me when I tell you you don't want to be there when it's busy. You'll be too excited when you get your car that you probably won't be paying attention 100% just like every other person in SF and hit a curb, or another car

So I apologize if this is well known, but this is my first time buying a car and I just figured this out:

When you apply for the financing with tesla they will calculate your interest over the life of the car on the spot and add it to your loan amount. It does not matter if you pay off early you will still owe X amount of interest. I didn't realize this or I may have opted for less amount of months and/or a larger down payment. On the good side you will know what your payments will be and they will not change as long as you pay them each month.

Yeah, that's when you definitely don't want to be there 😂. I work for Amazon and deliver in SF. Trust me when I tell you you don't want to be there when it's busy. You'll be too excited when you get your car that you probably won't be paying attention 100% just like every other person in SF and hit a curb, or another car
Lol I certainly hope not. I commute down to South Bay so often I'm actively trying to avoid pick up there. But then again, I am taking it to OCDetailing so Fremont may not be so bad. Just far from East Bay again.

So I apologize if this is well known, but this is my first time buying a car and I just figured this out:

When you apply for the financing with tesla they will calculate your interest over the life of the car on the spot and add it to your loan amount. It does not matter if you pay off early you will still owe X amount of interest. I didn't realize this or I may have opted for less amount of months and/or a larger down payment. On the good side you will know what your payments will be and they will not change as long as you pay them each month.
That would surprise me. You're borrowing the amount needed for the car, not anything more. If you pay off that amount early, you should not need to pay the remaining interest. A lender may have penalties for early prepayment because they insist on making a certain amount of money, but you shouldn't be on the hook for the entire amount.

Should You Pay Off Your Car Loan Early? | Bankrate

That would surprise me. You're borrowing the amount needed for the car, not anything more. If you pay off that amount early, you should not need to pay the remaining interest. A lender may have penalties for early prepayment because they insist on making a certain amount of money, but you shouldn't be on the hook for the entire amount.

Should You Pay Off Your Car Loan Early? | Bankrate
They don't have prepayment penalties. Like I said I didn't realize it but looking at the loan agreement I figured out what they did. They took the interest rate (in my case 4.24%) then they look at the years (in my case 72 months, 6 years). Then they look at the amount financed (in my case 27k). Then they put it thru a loan/apr calculator (compounded annually) and they get the interest (in my case 3.5k) they then add that to the principle (27+3-30K) and divide it by 72 months to get your monthyl payment. I checked the math and it works out to that. They also have clauses buried in the contrast that state you must pay off this total amount to satisfy the lien. So once you sign you are the hook for all the interest no matter when you pay it off. ( I included my numbers in case anyone wants to check the math themselves.)

Reactions: codenameku