Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla quoted me a ridiculous $150/month (so did state farm; Geico was $300+) despite my clean record. Costco insurance (Connect) was just $80/month. Anecdotal, but heard that Tesla's insurance is a nightmare to deal with when you actually need them. Probably better off going with a reputable insurance company
for your costco quote. do you mind giving some background regarding the quote premiums? We are looking into Costco as it has the best rates..

If I recall, they don't install the front holder in CA for you.

Highway patrol doesn't usually pull over for no front plate. But if you get pulled over for something, they're tacking it onto your charge.
Oh they pull you over alright.. lol I had a no front plate ticket back in July, 2 days before I sold my car. Having it signed off, it cost me $25 to dismiss it

They stopped that a while back. When did you take delivery?

Also, I did NOT receive a $200 voucher when I accepted delivery so both the mobile charging and voucher are now history.
Took delivery yesterday in Ohio, with a vin of 351XXX. Not sure why they gave me a front bracket, it's not legally required in this state. Mobile connector was not included and I didn't get a voucher.

what’s your term? and what credit score for that rate? that’s great! their site is saying 3.89%!
Wow! I must have just beat the rate hike. It was 3.39% on the site this morning when I got approved.

I went for 60 months (will pay it off sooner than that), but they allow the same rate up to 84 months. My credit score is 800+, but the mortgage officer did confirm best rates apply for 740+

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Wow! I must have just beat the rate hike. It was 3.39% on the site this morning when I got approved.

I went for 60 months (will pay it off sooner than that), but they allow the same rate up to 84 months. My credit score is 800+, but the mortgage officer did confirm best rates apply for 740+
Lol when did you apply? I actually checked their site not long ago and it was 3.89.. i wonder if they can do lower rate that’s not advertised on the site..

Front plate is required here in MA, and they put it on for me, but they didn't do it until the very last step. So if I had my own bracket I could have given it to them and I'd imagine they would use that instead. So anyone in MA wanting to use your own just let them know ahead of time and it should be fine.

My delivery was kinda amusing compared to an EX's a few years ago at the same place. When we picked hers up it was absolutely mobbed, people everywhere, standing room only, Tesla employees running around all over the place, cars in every spot. And we we're there for 6 hours. When I picked up mine there were 2 employees and only one other person picking up a car. Was quite the difference lol.

On a side note, I think their hand is forced here. They can't keep raising the price and then locking it behind a gate. Too many angry people willing to pay 15k and STILL can't use the software imo
They have a significant incentive to go wide because of the rules of accounting (which I think is a much greater force than impatient customers). The money received for FSD sales qualifies as "unearned revenue" until they actually deliver FSD to customers. In accounting, it is a liability, and only becomes revenue as it is considered delivered to customers. That revenue becomes pure profit, so it'll bump the quarterly net income numbers nicely.

Troy Teslike put out numbers at the end of 2021 stating that 260,000 vehicles were sold in North America with FSD. Call that 300,000 by now, just for chuckles (lots of vehicles sold, but a falling take rate). The first 100,000 have already received the Beta during the testing period, leaving 200,000 more. If the new safety score limit gets even half of those at $12,000 each, that's $1.2 billion for the bottom line, and the elimination of an equivalent liability. The numbers could be considerably higher given how easy it is to hit a safety score of 81. They're clearly trying to dump this revenue into Q4.

For those interested in such things, when you purchase a year subscription to a service, these same rules apply; initially, all the money is a liability on the company books, and each month they report a month's increase in revenue and loss of liability as they provide their service for that month.

Last edited:
I called the number on website that administers the program. They said they have funding and thats simply not true. And to tell them(tesla) to call them of they have any questions.

They also expect more funding by end of month. But he said they have funds to last.

Kinda wondering why tesla would jump the gun. Maybe due to end of quarter push so they have cash on books. Only thing I can think of.

When I picked mine up yesterday, they didn't even install the back plate holder, it is still sitting in the trunk Also, I didn't get a j1772 charger but they gave me one when I bought the mobile cable from them at delivery.
I didn't have mine installed either. The J1772 was in the trunk. I already bought one prior to delivery, so guess I have two now... I also had floormats, which I wasn't expecting. Did yours come with floormats too?