Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up yesterday!!!! Got a text on Thursday asking to schedule an appointment. It shocked me a bit because I never recieved a text or email with my VIN and had even been checking the source code daily and nothing. Getting financing though the app was quick and painless, got approved in under a minute. Signing documents was a bit of a hassle as the app kept locking up but it sounds like several folks were having problems with it yesterday. The pick up experience was less than pleasant. The associate that helped us was pretty unhelpful. He walked us a few steps out the door, pointed at the car said "That one's yours, I suggest you spend some time familiarizing yourself with the car." Then turned around and walked back inside.... I'm guessing it was just him because everyone else's associates were helping them set things up and even taking off the wheel covers for them. I actually was approached by a different associate who asked if I needed any help to which I replied "yes as the guy I was working with didn't show me *sugar*." The second guy was super helpful, answered all my questions quickly and I was on my way.

does anyone think it's worth scheduling a service appointment to try and get it fixed or will it be pointless?
I think the trunk is the hardest part for them to align perfectly.

Yours seems to have a misalignment in horizontal direction, while mine is vertical direction – the right side of trunk is slightly lower which brings inconsistent gap. But I am happy because there were no issues on door alignments, which will cause wind noise if there is any.

I decided not to bring it in to the service, because they will disassemble bolts and other possibilities are there.

Other than that I have the car booked in for Tuesday next week for front PPF and a ceramic coat along with window tinting.
FYI, I don't plan to add ppf, but already I got 30% LLU tint side only (attached before/after). Decided not to have on windshield, roof, and rear, but ordered sunshade from Tesla. Also got an all-weather mat from Tesla.

IMG_6844.jpg

IMG_6845.jpg

Yours seems to have a misalignment in horizontal direction, while mine is vertical direction – the right side of trunk is slightly lower which brings inconsistent gap. But I am happy because there were no issues on door alignments, which will cause wind noise if there is any.

I decided not to bring it in to the service, because they will disassemble bolts and other possibilities are there.

FYI, I don't plan to add ppf, but already I got 30% LLU tint side only (attached before/after). Decided not to have on windshield, roof, and rear, but ordered sunshade from Tesla. Also got an all-weather mat from Tesla.

Yeah I decided not to do a service request in the end in case it makes anything worse. The trunk closes perfectly and everything else lines up great. A couple of family members have seen the car and I hadn’t mentioned that issue and no one seemed to notice so I’ll live with it.

The tint looks good, I’m getting 70% for the front windows and 35% for the rear windows and screen. I’ll get a shade for the front screen next spring I think.

I’m hoping that you guys are right and that since I’m on the east coast my current edd of 09/24-10/8 is inaccurate. I had a trip planned during part of this period.

I won’t lie it’s a little disappointing when I asked the advisor if there are any possibility of holding the car an extra day or two if it falls on a pre planned out of town trip they seemed quite inflexible.

Yep, that’s exactly how I’m doing it. Chill mode is probably easier on the tires, too, and definitely better for range
Before switching to Chill, every step on the pedal was a bit jerky from all that power haha. Of course I could get used to adjusting but I’ll keep it in Chill for now to help with my safety score.

Also hilariously reached for my traditional gear shifter multiple times at first. Then switched to driving my partners ICE on the way home from the detailing shop and immediately forgot that I no longer have one pedal driving. Amazing how quickly you get used to a Tesla.

Reactions: Minotaur
I’m hoping that you guys are right and that since I’m on the east coast my current edd of 09/24-10/8 is inaccurate. I had a trip planned during part of this period.

I won’t lie it’s a little disappointing when I asked the advisor if there are any possibility of holding the car an extra day or two if it falls on a pre planned out of town trip they seemed quite inflexible.
I’m in nj. Thats the same timeline I got last week. Saturday I got the text to schedule delivery for this Tuesday or Wednesday. I had some weird issue with carfax that Tesla said I needed fixed for the trade in and to keep them updated. Carfax was a pain to deal with. Tesla said to just schedule delivery so I didn’t lose the VIN. I ended up just selling to carmax over the weekend and scheduled delivery for Tuesday night. When I told them I might need yo push it a day or so if the check doesn’t clear for my trade in by Tuesday they seemed ok.