Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you ! I got VIN the same day i placed the order, as i purchased the Model 3 LR from existing inventory. I placed the order last week.
Right, but the clock started when the vehicle was built (leaving the factory), despite Tesla giving you a VIN last week. So, if Tesla sticks with their old logistics schedule, you should be able to take delivery sometime around November 20th.
New EDD: Nov 18-Dec 2. No VIN yet.
That's just criminal at this point.

Oh, hey. You have EAP on your order. That has screwed up at least one other order. I recommend that you remove it and buy it again after you take delivery.

The Federal Reserve is still putting in 0.75% hikes, and their language has only softened slightly. You may be right about financing versus any sort of tax credit, but remember that the price of a Model 3 has to make it under $55,000 to qualify, so the prices have to come down - on some version of the Long Range.
I’m getting SR though, so it might qualify. Was going to cash some amazon stocks for downpayment only for them to drop heavily in the last 2 weeks. Hope they will delay delivery at least to December when shipping season picks up.

Right, but the clock started when the vehicle was built (leaving the factory), despite Tesla giving you a VIN last week. So, if Tesla sticks with their old logistics schedule, you should be able to take delivery sometime around November 20th.

That's just criminal at this point.

Oh, hey. You have EAP on your order. That has screwed up at least one other order. I recommend that you remove it and buy it again after you take delivery.
Thank you! Right now the edd has not moved. Still November 28- December 26. I called and they said theirs tentative delivery date for 2 weeks from now. Do you know when I’d get a message for scheduling the date ?

I’m getting SR though, so it might qualify. Was going to cash some amazon stocks for downpayment only for them to drop heavily in the last 2 weeks. Hope they will delay delivery at least to December when shipping season picks up.
Ah. You might get more useful information in the SR waiting thread. This one is for folks waiting for Long Range vehicles - which is why it has been so quiet of late.

Thank you! Right now the edd has not moved. Still November 28- December 26. I called and they said theirs tentative delivery date for 2 weeks from now. Do you know when I’d get a message for scheduling the date ?
Wow. If their tentative delivery date is accurate, then EDDs are pretty much useless. EDDs used to steadily shorten as the delivery day approached.

As for the scheduling message, I was able to schedule my delivery 10 days prior, but that was back in March. Ultimately, I think it depends on the people at the delivery site. Some sites may send out the scheduling message as soon as they know the vehicle has passed some key logistical point, while others may not want to go out on a limb and only send out the message when they have the car in their lot and have started final preparation.

To anyone who has at least 5 posts on the forums, please fill in your forum signature with the details of your order.

If you cannot see forum signatures on your phone, switch to landscape mode when viewing the forum. They should appear at the bottom of each post.

Reactions: UtahRider
There are a few LRs available for delivery now! I was able to swap an SR pending order (EDD Nov-Dec) for an LR just right now. Delivery is set for 11/9. I am beyond excited. I have another LR order (from existng inventory) which I will cancel once this one is picked up.

There are a few LRs available for delivery now! I was able to swap an SR pending order (EDD Nov-Dec) for an LR just right now. Delivery is set for 11/9. I am beyond excited. I have another LR order (from existng inventory) which I will cancel once this one is picked up.
Ah yes, Ohio; Where Teslas Grow On Trees

None of the vehicles in my area are available immediately.

Ah yes, Ohio; Where Teslas Grow On Trees

None of the vehicles in my area are available immediately.
Bummer. Luckily I am 20 mins away from the Fremont plant. I have another LR order (existing inventory) with the exact configuration and I asked why they didn’t just automatically match the available LR to my order. Got the run around. Can’t say dealing with them has been fun.

Delivery (was originally today) now is pushed out to tomorrow; wonder why? Luckily I checked the App (don’t know why I still continue to open the App 100 times a day even at this stage - I guess it has become a habit and I want to be sure the VIN still remains. 🤣 I did not get an email/SMS from Tesla confirming date change so luckily I checked the App. So the wait continues …
How did delivery end up?

How did delivery end up?
Alright guys. I got the car yesterday - factory pick up. Sorry, to start the experience with some negatives, but I want to get this out of the way first. At inspection we noted a couple of issues which the advisor tried to dismiss, but a technician on site agreed that the noted areas did require work. First the issues:

1. Charge door sticks out noticeably. They said the entire assemble would need to be replaced which will take about 60 minutes. We agreed, they gave us a loaner for that time which was a nice touch.

2. The junction where the upper trunk arm meets the rear door (sorry am not good with naming car body parts) was misaligned such that there was a noticeable gap (about 5mm) on one side and at passenger side they were in direct contact. Technician advised this will be fixed on site.

3. Frunk is sunk on one side. We only noticed this when we got home. Am debating whether I should report this to Tesla as I am not sure if they will fix it adequately based on my experience to 1. and 2. above.

4. Interior rubber trim around door is detached. Technician advised this will flatten out over time (very unlikely).

Solutions:
1. I was told the charging door assembly is replaced, but by looking at it, you would be convinced that they did not do anything as it sticks out by the same margin as when the issue was first noted.

2. The alignment is better now but not perfect. Is ok - I will live with that. What I’m MOST annoyed about is that they have scratched several areas on the truck body during the repairs which I noticed when I arrived home. This is bothering me the most and I really hope they can buff this out.

3. I will raise a service request for detached rubber seal shortly.

4. Not sure if I should report the misaligned frunk just in case they scratch that as well.

I haven’t yet checked the car interior in too much detail, but from a quick glance, it all looks good. The drive home was amazing, the car is blazingly fast. I did not notice any squeaks or rattles.

Again sorry for the negative post. I will share the positives and overall delivery experience in follow up post. As end note, I was told that I am the first few customers that have received a LR car given that the production of the AWD units only just commenced a few days ago. Most deliveries on site were still for the RWD.
473DD64D-7CED-4C63-AA75-1C856A6FF1EB.jpeg

Attachments

• E91E97E1-5469-4B61-8FC4-0D8AF4EBA018.jpeg
    E91E97E1-5469-4B61-8FC4-0D8AF4EBA018.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 855EFD15-048A-477F-A0D9-DC44956E7B3F.jpeg
    855EFD15-048A-477F-A0D9-DC44956E7B3F.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 439B041C-1A45-44E3-ADA5-BBFDCEF91886.jpeg
    439B041C-1A45-44E3-ADA5-BBFDCEF91886.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 2582DD04-EA20-494B-8698-602C48003DE3.jpeg
    2582DD04-EA20-494B-8698-602C48003DE3.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 61
Alright guys. I got the car yesterday - factory pick up. Sorry, to start the experience with some negatives, but I want to get this out of the way first. At inspection we noted a couple of issues which the advisor tried to dismiss, but a technician on site agreed that the noted areas did require work. First the issues:

1. Charge door sticks out noticeably. They said the entire assemble would need to be replaced which will take about 60 minutes. We agreed, they gave us a loaner for that time which was a nice touch.

2. The junction where the upper trunk arm meets the rear door (sorry am not good with naming car body parts) was misaligned such that there was a noticeable gap (about 5mm) on one side and at passenger side they were in direct contact. Technician advised this will be fixed on site.

3. Frunk is sunk on one side. We only noticed this when we got home. Am debating whether I should report this to Tesla as I am not sure if they will fix it adequately based on my experience to 1. and 2. above.

4. Interior rubber trim around door is detached. Technician advised this will flatten out over time (very unlikely).

Solutions:
1. I was told the charging door assembly is replaced, but by looking at it, you would be convinced that they did not do anything as it sticks out by the same margin as when the issue was first noted.

2. The alignment is better now but not perfect. Is ok - I will live with that. What I’m MOST annoyed about is that they have scratched several areas on the truck body during the repairs which I noticed when I arrived home. This is bothering me the most and I really hope they can buff this out.

4. Not sure if I should report the misaligned frunk just in case they scratch that as well.

I haven’t yet checked the car interior in too much detail, but from a quick glance, it all looks good. The drive home was amazing, the car is blazingly fast. I did not notice any squeaks or rattles.

Again sorry for the negative post. I will share the positives and overall delivery experience in follow up post. As end note, I was told that I am the first few customers that have received a LR car given that the production of the AWD units only just commenced a few days ago. Most deliveries on site were still for the RWD.View attachment 871747
Ok, for better description of point 2. The problematic areas is the region where the trunk arms did not align with the left and right quarter panels.

Also noted a paint chip that I need to bring to their attention:

Attachments

• C01CA5C1-263B-4587-A1F9-013E73BE0ADB.jpeg
    C01CA5C1-263B-4587-A1F9-013E73BE0ADB.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Love
Reactions: Terminator966

Solutions:

Again sorry for the negative post. I will share the positives and overall delivery experience in follow up post. As end note, I was told that I am the first few customers that have received a LR car given that the production of the AWD units only just commenced a few days ago. Most deliveries on site were still for the RWD.View attachment 871747
Congrats on the car. Sorry about the issues! Did you take delivery (Give final payment + "accept delivery" in the app) before or after talking to the SA / Tech about these issues you found?
Thanks for documenting the process and I'm 100% with you, charge port is misaligned. Best of luck getting these fixed up and please report back if/when they complete those repairs!

Congrats on the car. Sorry about the issues! Did you take delivery (Give final payment + "accept delivery" in the app) before or after talking to the SA / Tech about these issues you found?
Thanks for documenting the process and I'm 100% with you, charge port is misaligned. Best of luck getting these fixed up and please report back if/when they complete those repairs!
Hi there. I had pointed most of these issues prior to accepting delivery. The technician stated that these were easy repairs. Post-repairs, visually the trunk alignment looked better. I did not notice the scratches until later on when I got home. Frunk miss-alignment was also noted at home (I will probably ignore this). They also wouldn’t let me inside the car until I accepted delivery so the rubber seal issue had to be reported afterwards. I did not want to reject delivery as I perceive these to be easy repairs if done properly. I did issue a service request and am hoping a mobile technician can visit on site for initial evaluation / works. I don’t want to go to the service center as many point out that cars usually come out with more scratches.

Talking about scratches - can those be buffed out by Tesla? Will they need to buff out the entire hood or can we work on the affected area only?

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Hi there. I had pointed most of these issues prior to accepting delivery. The technician stated that these were easy repairs. Post-repairs, visually the trunk alignment looked better. I did not notice the scratches until later on when I got home. Frunk miss-alignment was also noted at home (I will probably ignore this). They also wouldn’t let me inside the car until I accepted delivery so the rubber seal issue had to be reported afterwards. I did not want to reject delivery as I perceive these to be easy repairs if done properly. I did issue a service request and am hoping a mobile technician can visit on site for initial evaluation / works. I don’t want to go to the service center as many point out that cars usually come out with more scratches.

Talking about scratches - can those be buffed out by Tesla? Will they need to buff out the entire hood or can we work on the affected area only?
Also just noticed a seat issue 😩

Attachments

• 7FCAECD4-6CFA-48A9-B193-66936108543E.jpeg
    7FCAECD4-6CFA-48A9-B193-66936108543E.jpeg
    402.8 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: ColoradoMike

Solutions:

Solutions:

Again sorry for the negative post. I will share the positives and overall delivery experience in follow up post. As end note, I was told that I am the first few customers that have received a LR car given that the production of the AWD units only just commenced a few days ago. Most deliveries on site were still for the RWD

Congrats that you got the new 2023 AWD, hope the minor issues can be resolved. As you have a “new” production car I wonder if the cameras you have are the new upgrade, and if the screen showing the hardware (Ryzen etc ) show that you have HW4. Supposedly the suspension is updated too. There were rumours of a change to the indicator stalks too. My White AWD delivery to Utah is still stuck on EDD Dec 2022.

Solutions:

That charge door looks exactly like the one on my 2018 3. I think it is normal since I’ve replaced mine once and it still looked the same. The rubber trim will take them 1min to fix. They just pull it off and reinstall.