Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
getting not LR but SR+ but the posts like these makes me nervous. I may get checklist from GitHub read the list and follow it carefully as best as possible and may still miss a flaw, especially it comes to one’s not obvious visually right away before leaving parking lot, for example windshield wipes making noise or bumping into something, misaligned door or window trim panels, etc etc.

Does anyone know if the newly delivered cars do indeed have upgraded 5.0 Megapixel cameras for HW4? I could not get an answer from my advisor during delivery.
I've been watching for news and the only thing I've seen so far is rumors. The most reasonable theory is that Tesla is using a new camera on the repeaters (mounted on the front fenders) because they have a wider field of view by about 15 degrees. I don't know if this is a subset of Hardware 4.0 or just one of those changes that they put in without telling anyone. It would be odd to have different fields of view on cars, though, because that would seem to mess up the software that's trying to interpret what it's seeing.

Tesla testing new side repeater cameras with wider field of view

For anyone else looking around, there are articles about Tesla offering free camera upgrades to owners of FSD. That's only for people driving older Teslas that never got their cameras upgraded to Hardware 3.0.

Reactions: UtahRider
So I’d placed my order on 10/24 and there was a VIN on my account the next day, so I assumed I had a VIN. I just received an email at 2:45am letting me know that I have a Model 3 Financed VIN Available and it’s a different VIN. The old one was a 389 and this is a 416!

My EDD is still showing as 11/28-22/26, so I’m hoping this doesn’t mean I’m delayed even further. Has anyone else had it go like this for them? If so, how long did it take from the email until delivery?