Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to try to guess what Tesla was doing based on the available information. I've stopped trying.
Today was the first day I didn't check my EDD upon waking up. About 15 minutes later, I got the schedule delivery text! Picking up on Tuesday.

This is the best advice on this forum. Let it go and it will come.

Good luck to you all. I wish I could repeat my delivery experience all over again. I went into the process hoping and wishing the car won’t have any issues (cosmetic), and I was so worked up on that desire that I could not really enjoy the moment for what it was. My advice: get excited (I’m sure you all are), enjoy the moment, especially when you first set your eyes on the prize amongst a sea of vehicles parked in the lot, and then take it from there. The car is indeed amazing.

A bit about the whole camera calibration thing for those of you taking delivery soon:

I just recalibrated my cameras and noticed that there's a "progress bar" for the calibration process. It will show up as a blue circle around the Autopilot steering wheel icon in the upper left of the screen. It's not a linear progression, so it's not measuring miles or anything like that. I was at about 3% for a couple miles, then it jumped to 60% or so, then settled down to a more steady progression. I think it took me about 20 miles to the complete calibration process.

Also, FSD Beta requires additional camera calibration. That is displayed on the Autopilot page as a numerical percentage. After my 20 mile trip it was at 93%, and I drove another few miles to get it to 98%. I'll finish it up on my drive, I'm sure.

For the curious, I only recalibrated to see if FSD Beta's behavior would change. Perhaps the calibration process has altered in the last 9 months. It's not something that you would normally do with your car.

Tesla trade-in offers are now officially a joke. They quoted $21500 for my 2018 3 RWD with FSD. 74k miles. This is nowhere near what you can buy the vehicle for through any number of retailers or what KBB says the trade-in is worth. Three months ago, Tesla was offering me $38k. I will sell it via private sale or through Vroom, Carvana, Carmax, etc.