Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. I appreciate the way they are trying to make the process easy, but the lack of details while the car is being produced is crazy. If you call them, and speak to different people, you get different answers as to the status of the car. Some say it's in production, some say it isn't yet. They need to implement an assembly line tracker so we can see what stage it's in or something lol.
I’m sure that will happen at some point in time.

As expected, I got the text this morning. I went to schedule my delivery and the only option I was given was to pick it up in Cleveland. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week! So I called my local service center and something was wrong in the system. The advisor fixed it, but now I can’t schedule the pick up again. 😂

I’m hopeful it still happens next week, but it’s now out of my hands!

As expected, I got the text this morning. I went to schedule my delivery and the only option I was given was to pick it up in Cleveland. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week! So I called my local service center and something was wrong in the system. The advisor fixed it, but now I can’t schedule the pick up again. 😂

Where’s your local shop? I’m in Columbus and really hope my car doesn’t get delivered to Cleveland 😂

That sucks. Mine should be interesting too. It's being delivered about 100 miles or so from me, and my trade-in is a BMW i3 that only gets about 70 miles of range on its crappy old battery. I was told they can't redirect the delivery locations without incurring a transport fee, even though they have 2 other locations closer to me. I'll just be grateful to finally get it!

Just curious, for those of you that financed, did you complete your financing and downpayment before they contacted you for delivery? I have a sizeable down payment I'm holding onto until I have a date scheduled, but plan to pay before my appointment. I'm wondering if that is a factor in wait time or if it doesn't matter as long as it's paid by delivery.

Just curious, for those of you that financed, did you complete your financing and downpayment before they contacted you for delivery? I have a sizeable down payment I'm holding onto until I have a date scheduled, but plan to pay before my appointment. I'm wondering if that is a factor in wait time or if it doesn't matter as long as it's paid by delivery.
I don't think it matters as long as it's before delivery. I did my financing through Tesla the same day I placed my order, and their approvals are good for 60 days, so if you're doing a M3LR that's supposed to be delivered by end of year, then it would qualify. Most people suggest waiting until the delivery window starts shrinking, in case you need to put a hold on the order, but... I don't think it matters if you do it now or if you do it closer to the actual delivery. It's not going to alter your wait time. For longer wait times over 2 months, you'd wanna wait so that approval doesn't expire.

I could not pay the down payment until delivery was scheduled.

A bit of it depends upon the state. For example, they cannot deliver to Michigan until the car is paid for. This is why unfunded cars go to Cleveland first. My car is currently in Chicago and I was told it would go to Cleveland if it’s not paid for first, but could come straight to Michigan if it is paid for. I’m just waiting for a funds transfer to complete so I can pay it off and I’m hoping that happens before it leaves for Cleveland.

I am not paying them the down payment until I have inspected the vehicle.

I’m fortunate to be paying with cash, which won’t happen until after my inspection as well.
First time posting, ordered my M3LR July 2nd, received a text at 10:29AM last Friday that my car had left the factory in Fremont. Today, got a text telling me to schedule my delivery. At first I though the car was at Tesla St. Paul-Maplewood, upon calling them they said my car was tentively scheduled to arrive Monday, November 21st, but could not schedule my delivery until November 23rd, which of course I work. Thus, I set my Delivery day on Friday November 25th. They did say if in fact the car does arrive on the 21st, they’ll inform Me so I can take delivery that day, which would be great since I’m not working. What an ordeal this has been…

For what it’s worth, it looks like Tesla removed the “existing inventory” for the M3LRs In Production so hopefully that means it’ll start movement for those of us waiting. There do appear to be more in local inventory too, just not in my spec.
They just changed the presentation. They're still taking orders for new Long Range vehicles, claiming that they're "Available for local delivery in <location>" and there's no estimated delivery date in the future, suggesting that they can be obtained pretty much immediately. Also gone is the thing about canceling your order if they can't get the car to you by the end of the year. No Rear Wheel Drive or Performance trim vehicles are available that way, only Long Range.

But don't blink. I'm sure it'll change again in a week or two.

I think Mr. Bean has taken over at Tesla.

Reactions: jpaychek
I got a text and email today saying that my delivery is ready to be scheduled. If I pick a date/time can I call them to see if I can get it changed? The only options they gave are probably the worst times for me but I don't want to pass and get delayed. Thoughts?

I got a text and email today saying that my delivery is ready to be scheduled. If I pick a date/time can I call them to see if I can get it changed? The only options they gave are probably the worst times for me but I don't want to pass and get delayed. Thoughts?
There really isn't a policy or procedure for this. It's a per-situation thing. Contact your SA and let them know that the offered delivery times are a real problem for you and you'd like to move delivery to such-and-such a date and time.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and fbords