Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is true. The local inventory is disappearing fast based on what I see available on their web site.
Indeed, I just checked the NY inventory and there are ZERO Model 3 RWD and Perfomance trims available. Only a handful of Model Y LR left in the Inventory. They will be sold out by the weekend. If there are Models in transit already they could reach the East Coast delivery centers before Dec 31st. Otherwise, Fremont and Texas deliveries will be the only thing available for Dec 31st delivery.

It is a ridiculously good deal

Last edited:
Indeed, I just checked the NY inventory and there are ZERO Model 3 RWD and Perfomance trims available. Only a handful of Model Y LR left in the Inventory. They will be sold out by the weekend. If there are Models in transit already they could reach the East Coast delivery centers before Dec 31st. Otherwise, Fremont and Texas deliveries will be the only thing available for Dec 31st delivery.

It is a ridiculously good deal
Over 45 Model Ys available today in Northern Cal but limited number of Model 3s. I should have waited another month. Took delivery in Nov since someone totaled my Honda Accord.

Is there anyone who just took delivery and missed out on either the $3750 or $7500 discount? I'm wondering if anyone was successful in getting Tesla to throw in something for free. My friend just took delivery 11/16, so it especially hurts for them to take delivery so close to all these discounts.

• Funny
Reactions: wmo168
Is there anyone who just took delivery and missed out on either the $3750 or $7500 discount? I'm wondering if anyone was successful in getting Tesla to throw in something for free. My friend just took delivery 11/16, so it especially hurts for them to take delivery so close to all these discounts.
Yes, I took delivery 1 week before the $3750 discount showed up. There is absolutely no point in asking for a retroactive rebate. The answer is no.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394
10k free charging miles for Nov deliveries would have been nice. I also took delivery in Nov. Didn't even bother asking for the $3750 price adjustment. Heck, even a license plate frame would have been nice.

Indeed, I just checked the NY inventory and there are ZERO Model 3 RWD and Perfomance trims available. Only a handful of Model Y LR left in the Inventory
When you posted this, we still had plenty of Model 3 and Model Y vehicles in the DC area. Now they're all gone.

There are still a bunch of new Model S and Model X vehicles in inventory. They only have the free Supercharger miles offer.

Last edited:
Still think demand is an issue……also noted today a few more Model 3’s avail for immediate delivery in NY Metro area.
I just checked and see no availability for Model 3/Y. Can you share with us what you are seeing? There are users on the RWD Waiting room forum who are now showing up to the sales centers to see if something can be worked out to get them a VIN and delivery before EoY. For the time being, there isn't enough supply to meet the demand, at least in certain areas. They have even gotten approval to sell the demo cars at the sales centers.

Any issues with overall demand is coming from the misguided FOMC rate policies rather than Musk's current antics IMO.

Last edited:
Still think demand is an issue
Here's a bunch of production data tweeted by Troy Teslike on December 22.

Fkod60AWIAAv_Zn

They have even gotten approval to sell the demo cars at the sales centers.
As I recall, that's standard operating procedure at the end of a quarter. They don't want to have old demo vehicles.

For the most part, I think this is a combination of Tesla aggressively ramping production in a time where folks are chanting "recession", the Inflation Reduction Act effects, and China trying to figure out how to get past COVID. Tesla is continuing to increase sales despite a pretty rotten environment for car sales in general.

Reactions: jpaychek
The numbers came out and - the stock is not down due to shorting.
Since the new administration came in, the markets have been getting whipsawed by the options market in a way that we've never seen. It has been described by some as the tail waging the dog. All while the regulators focus squarely on Musk's tweets.

Tesla stock is the highest options traded security in the entire market and is definitely being pressured downward by synthetic short positions which have gotten cheaper due the the highly misguided stock split this year. To be fair, there have been periods during the last two years that the stock was pressured upward by the options activity.