Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR not currently available to order (USA) [posted 08.12.2022 --Its back! 05.02.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So finally got the changes to go through, so what are the disadvantages to having an LFP. I saw some people on here not too happy about it. While watching comparison video, many people said that being able to always have the RWD at 100% was a great advantage. Do LFP get the full speed at Super Chargers? It doesn't seem to have taken at hit to the 0-60 time either for the Long range.

So finally got the changes to go through, so what are the disadvantages to having an LFP. I saw some people on here not too happy about it. While watching comparison video, many people said that being able to always have the RWD at 100% was a great advantage. Do LFP get the full speed at Super Chargers? It doesn't seem to have taken at hit to the 0-60 time either for the Long range.
It’s not LFP

(moderator note)

After seeing a couple of posts here about it being back, I clicked the tesla website myself and saw the LR available to order on 05.02.2023. Thread title changed to reflect that. Note that I am not an insider or anything, just a regular owner and volunteer mod here at TMC, so I dont get any inside info on this type of thing.

Reactions: Diceroller
Well that has to be the stupidest pricing for the LR 3. After tax incentives the LR Y is LESS expensive with greater range. Why would ANYONE buy the LR 3? The LR Y costs an extra $3k over the SR. The LR 3 costs an extra $7k! over the SR 3
I think the thing many people do not consider is that not everyone is going to get the full $7,500. If your income tax is less that 7,500 then you do not get the full $7,500. Plus, when I quoted insurance for the Model Y it was a lot more expensive per month over the 3.

Reactions: JBT66 and Maaz
Why would ANYONE buy the LR 3?

People that don't qualify for the tax credit (make more than the income limits), potentially.

I have to assume Tesla knows these this as well, it's kind of obvious, so this implies either upcoming price changes before the launch of the new Model 3 or they have really limited supply of the new Model 3 (that seems very likely)

I think the thing many people do not consider is that not everyone is going to get the full $7,500. If your income tax is less that 7,500 then you do not get the full $7,500. Plus, when I quoted insurance for the Model Y it was a lot more expensive per month over the 3.
If your income tax due is less than $7500 you probably shouldn’t be buying a $50k+ vehicle….