Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the rear windows roll down more than that?!?! :eek: I sure hope so.
A quick calculation with my ever-handy Window Sizer (Visa card) suggests that another 1 inch, as WO writes, is about all it can go before the forward edge of the glass meets the door's front frame.

As long as a St. Bernard can get its head through the gap - that's all the window opening needed....

That could be done much more efficiently on the Fremont factory test track, a controlled environment with no risk of getting hit by other vehicles and no exposure to the public.

This satisfies my pet theory in the other thread (these threads should've been combined, tbh): employees are taking it out for a limited un drive to coincide with their opening of orders this week. For some reason, I'm imagining the Hawthorne employees felt slighted that both the Fremont factory and the Gigafactory 1 had Model 3s laying around. And now that employees were placing orders, yet they still didn't get ogle at Model 3s all day (what I would likely be doing if I worked at Fremont or GF1).

They had the windows down and were driving pretty relaxed. Like, "Oh, this is how the Model 3 drives." Also, maybe as a sort of "celebration", too, that orders have finally opened. Do we recognize the people there? Maybe they won some sort of internal contest.

Again, all assuming that now-deleted Yahoo post was accurate.

Not sure I understand the issue. Looks like plenty of room to me. (So yeah, I think it can roll a lot further down.)

Model 3 rear window.png

• Informative
Reactions: iwannam3 and jsrawa
The guy in the back seat sidewalk side looked a bit like Franz...

By the way, I really like the "stubby front hood" look. I think most cars have front hoods that look bad because they are too long to accommodate the combustion engine under. The model 3 proportions look really good to me.
A lower car might look a bit sexier, but I would gladly have the extra headroom and upright seating position.

• Helpful
Reactions: ikjadoon
I'm guessing that if it could have rolled down more, they would have. Also, there is more window below the lower window opening, plus the track it's attached to and what not. So this is probably as far as they roll down. Thankfully I don't have a lot of passengers in the back that like to roll the windows down. :)

Again, all assuming that now-deleted Yahoo post was accurate.

Also assuming the post ever existed in the first place. The user that mentioned the Yahoo Post has a history of being less than reliable with information.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is allowing certain employees to drive it around certain areas in the hopes of someone getting 'spy shots' (just like this video). It's great publicity and only costs them a few bucks in gas.

these threads should've been combined, tbh
Thanks. I merged the parallel conversation from Info and Hints from Elon Tweets.
However, the thread you referenced wasn't really about the sighting, more about reports that there are no mules. I'll watch that thread for now. Merging can be messy business sometimes, and so long as there's not too much parallel discussion, I'm going to keep them separate.

Thanks. I merged the parallel conversation from Info and Hints from Elon Tweets.
However, the thread you referenced wasn't really about the sighting, more about reports that there are no mules. I'll watch that thread for now. Merging can be messy business sometimes, and so long as there's not too much parallel discussion, I'm going to keep them separate.

Oh, right: this isn't exactly a mule. Merging does always look a little like magic, so props for doing it as often as you do. Good vibes.

The guy in the back seat sidewalk side looked a bit like Franz...

Oh, it kind of does. This other shot is floating around on reddit, but it's the front passenger. This guy I definitely don't recognize.

2ipznr0n9lky.jpg

Also assuming the post ever existed in the first place. The user that mentioned the Yahoo Post has a history of being less than reliable with information.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla is allowing certain employees to drive it around certain areas in the hopes of someone getting 'spy shots' (just like this video). It's great publicity and only costs them a few bucks in gas.

Oh, really? Welp. I ate it up pretty readily. And, honestly, Yahoo's community boards...are just like an endless string of YouTube comments.

I wouldn't be shocked if they were driving it around so that someone could spot it, snap some pics/video and post it on the web. Kind of a "hey public, look, we are still here" type thing.

As for the window, if it is the year old early proto-type, it's possible that was one of the final tweaks they were working on. I too would hope it could roll all the way down. But I am very much an arm out type driver/rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.