Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take that back. It was an optical illusion due to the viewing angle and the fuzziness and low-light level of the photo. What i thought was the display mounting pedestal at the top of the dash appears to be the steering column instead. In these others photos of the same car, shot from different angles, the display can be seen to the right of the steering wheel, so there's no change from the prototypes:
model-3-release-candidate-11.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-7-e1491345391661.jpg
It seems to me like that rear window has a good chance of going all the way down.

Sorry if it's been covered- Any idea about DRL's I the M3? I like the look of them on my black Model S and haven't heard any discussion about them. I'd like to see a picture or some render of what they'd look like if there isn't (the shape from the front). Again, they are distinct on the model S and wondering if these lights will standout like they do. Cornering lights, etc are nice too but don't NEED them.
I've made a few posts, mostly expressing disappointment that we won't be getting that neat wrap-around halo effect that we see on S/X.

It looks like they're more slits than anything. Kinda like this shape:

upload_2017-4-5_16-18-10.png

They don't look bad, but I love the look of S/X and other cars with long, windy, wrapping DRLs. So sharp and distinct. I can recognize the S from a mile away day or night based solely on its DRLs. I feel like the 3 will be less noticeable and a little boring with its headlight design. Disappointing because the likes of other entry-level luxury like the A4 have stellar DRLs.

upload_2017-4-5_16-20-42.png

upload_2017-4-5_16-21-7.png

Even the Chrysler 200 has better DRLs.

upload_2017-4-5_16-24-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-5_16-17-42.png
    upload_2017-4-5_16-17-42.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Disagree
Reactions: DavidP and Jo-
Maybe it's the angle, but that screen looks smaller than the 15" unit shown previously. It seems to be mounted on top of the dash and behind the steering wheel instead of in front of the dash and to the right of the steering wheel. Also, the display appears to be mounted to the pedestal at the bottom instead of at the back.
It does seem different. Looks like it encroaches less in the driver's area. Was it maybe moved toward the passenger a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.